Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is investing on ICOs still profitable?  (Read 81232 times)
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:21:42 PM

Hello everyone, I have seen many failed projects recently. I have received many emails regarding investing on ICOs, so is it still a good time to invest? I didn't made good with my earlier investments. Is there still a future for ERC-20 tokens?

The truth is that there are still some credible and profitable projects out there but potential investors must be very careful before investing in ICOs because there are a lot of scam project around. But I am not too convenient with erc 20 projects, most of them get dump once they hit exchange.

Their are a lot of projects that needs to take a look and face it for good though a lot of scammers too. It needs to invest for more and get potentials investors that can burn the highest point of profit of the project. This is a form of business that needs to undertake some strtaegies.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:25:13 PM

Hello everyone, I have seen many failed projects recently. I have received many emails regarding investing on ICOs, so is it still a good time to invest? I didn't made good with my earlier investments. Is there still a future for ERC-20 tokens?
I doubt at this moment wherein negativity is dominating the market. Indeed, many projects are failing especially this year where big cryptos are suffering at their worst from being on top on the previous years. I do bepieve that there's still hope for recovery but there's uncertainty on when will it exactly take over the market.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:42:17 PM

Investing into ICOs are still profitable just that it has reduced quite significantly due to the fact that many scam ICOs have come up off late and this has really reduced the interest in participating in ICOs

the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 11:57:10 PM

There are many projects who are doing "old style" - presenting nothing and trying to gain the funds. In my opinion that era is gone, if you can not present anything, at least MVP - you should not make an ICO.
The thing about new ICO's is the timing, as some make it for many months, a year ago when it was a boom, ICO was 30 days period though. That means an opportunity cost to the investor. The main risk is where they will be tradable and when... However, if noone will fund good projects, they will not be released due to no funds raised. If you believe in the project, go ahead..
JeBro

Activity: 714

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:22:37 AM

In my opinion, investing in ICO projects is still profitable. It is only necessary to carefully choose and study those ICO, which you intend to invest. A lot of scam projects recently, which get financing and spend machinations on crypto exchanges, get their profit and terminate the projects.

Ochakemaput

Activity: 483

terra-credit.com

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 05:28:26 AM

In my opinion, investing in ICO projects is still profitable. It is only necessary to carefully choose and study those ICO, which you intend to invest. A lot of scam projects recently, which get financing and spend machinations on crypto exchanges, get their profit and terminate the projects.
the number of project scam can actually be addressed by research and our knowledge in choosing the project great ico, then we will be spared from project scam. but that is not enguntungkan is, now many token ico that cost cannot return to the ico price where investors buy with benchmark prices. After entering the market, most of the price of tokens at the ico is destroyed, it made investors lose out if it sells fast, but already with the given bonus big enough. This all forced the investors must hold their token with a long time.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:08:39 AM

still profitable, but if you choose the right ICO because as we see many ICOs that fail don't even reach softcap, but there are also ICOs that achieve hardcap and are successful, even the price goes up very high when entering the exchange, so if you want get a big profit then you have to really choose the right ICO, so you don't spend your money and time to invest in the wrong ICO, and my advice to choose the right ICO is :
1. The project from the ICO is very good and useful for the long term;
2. Clear and appropriate Whitepaper and Roadmap;
3. The number of investors is equal to the number of members in the group (such as telegram, facebook, twitter). for example: sales have reached $ 3m or more but the group of ICOs is only under 1000 members;
4. The admin and members in the ICO group are active, because if the admin is never active and never updates about the development of the ICO or the project, then I suggest not to invest in the ICO, because most likely the ICO is a scam, then the members in the group are also active because if the members in the group are 10k or more but never active, then that doesn't make sense.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:12:53 AM

Obviously, now is not the best time to invest, because it will not bring you profit. all investors are waiting for the market recovery and favorable market conditions for investment.
Why are you confused by the future of the tokens that are created on the ERC-20 platform?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:21:09 AM

I would highly advise you to stay away from any ICOs in general,and especially now during this bear market.Unless you maybe have funds to enter private sale with big bonus,as in 99% of the time,thats the only way to make some profit out of it.But in general,ICOs are basically nothing more than a gamble,so i think you would have better chances by playing roullette,and betting on red/black.There you have almost 50% to win.Unless it drops to "0" Cheesy
SuiMikira

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:24:31 AM

ICO is always profitable if you make right decision, join the good startups. You should choose project with MVP available or working products. ICO is the core of blockchain and cryptocurrency  economy. Now is good time to invest in ICO because the coins price now is low, the ICO token price will be adjusted with ETH or BTC price so you can buy ICO token at lower price than in bull market.
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:22:26 AM

of course you can still if you invest in the right ICO. if you choose ICO with no reason to analyze it first you will lose the profit you expected before. but if you really analyze it first before investing in it, chances are it will succeed in getting a high profit.

laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:24:08 AM

of course you can still if you invest in the right ICO. if you choose ICO with no reason to analyze it first you will lose the profit you expected before. but if you really analyze it first before investing in it, chances are it will succeed in getting a high profit.
Good or not depends on your own because ico itself is basically now also a lot of disadvantages for investors with prices that have decreased prices
BlackSociety

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:25:07 AM

Although there are so many fake ICO projects, investing in ICO is still a way to make huge profits, it is still profitable, but only if you have to find a legal ICO!

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:30:16 AM

Although there are so many fake ICO projects, investing in ICO is still a way to make huge profits, it is still profitable, but only if you have to find a legal ICO!
There must be a lot of experience in investing and in choosing projects for this, that even in such market conditions, you make a profit by investing in ICO. Personally, I think that now is an unfavorable time for this.
utpalk (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:26:55 AM

Its very hard to find out which ICO will be successful. There are too many scammy ones or with irrealistic projects.
I lost trust in all  Embarrassed even in ICO rating websites.
Maybe it's just because I feel as sad as markets... hope better days are coming Wink

Exactly, most of the rating sites takes some charge. Only few sites are there where we can find fair reviews but very hard to find. Yes, lets hope for better days, maybe after some regulations.
utpalk (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:33:33 AM

I doubt at this moment wherein negativity is dominating the market. Indeed, many projects are failing especially this year where big cryptos are suffering at their worst from being on top on the previous years. I do bepieve that there's still hope for recovery but there's uncertainty on when will it exactly take over the market.
Exactly! The current market situation don't gives much hope. Regulated markets might help in coming days I believe but the probability is low. 2018 is not that good for me.
yourcatsofat

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:55:01 AM

Exactly! The current market situation don't gives much hope. Regulated markets might help in coming days I believe but the probability is low. 2018 is not that good for me.

I totally do not understand how can regulated market help all crypto to start a new bull run?
kincit88

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:08:37 AM

Yep it's still profitable if you can choose the good one, but it's really hard to find. Just want to recommend you if you looking for good project, Desico is the good one and their concept pretty cool and i'm confident when they hit the market after crowdsale end their price will rise and more than ico price.
Dim4ik

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:10:02 AM

I think that in this market it is very easy to lose money by investing in various projects. Firstly most likely a Scam, and secondly a very good chance that the exchange will be cheaper
hanomnom

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:50:24 AM

Most of ICOs are based on the Ethereum blockchain and ETH is not stalbe today, which makes most of project not profitable right from the development stage. There is no way to get profit investing such projects. By the way, you need to check the WP carefully, because a lot of team change information like it was in 1984.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: