Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World laughing at the US  (Read 618 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:02:50 PM

I disagree. I think he was born into riches and he just enjoys showmanship. He's a liar, con artist and thief when it comes to business.

I agree with all those things, they're not inconsistent with what I said.

The world isn't laughing at his showmanship, they're laughing at his "belief" of the world.

The UN general assembly is not the whole world. The whole thing is totally unaccountable, they don't represent my views. I think Trump is very dangerous, probably the most dangerous US president ever, so he's no joke.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:29:08 PM

I disagree. I think he was born into riches and he just enjoys showmanship. He's a liar, con artist and thief when it comes to business.

I agree with all those things, they're not inconsistent with what I said.

The world isn't laughing at his showmanship, they're laughing at his "belief" of the world.

The UN general assembly is not the whole world. The whole thing is totally unaccountable, they don't represent my views. I think Trump is very dangerous, probably the most dangerous US president ever, so he's no joke.

It'd be nice for the world to stand up against a monster instead of simply laughing at it.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:52:28 PM

That would be more appropriately said about Saudi Arabian aggression in Yemen, Trump hasn't committed any serious crimes as president (yet).
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 05:37:41 AM

Trump is what i would call an entertainer, he has some sort of appeal that can lure in certain people, which ultimately are to blame for all this.

Probably everybody heard about Berlusconi in Italy, he made a joke of himself countless of time by saying and doing thing that he shouldn't have, his goal by being in politics was mainly stay out of jail and change laws to make sure his businesses would stay afloat. I'm not really sure about Trump, but i don't really believe he handed up there to "Make America Great Again". 

Short story shot, what is happening in the US imo is exactly the same thing happened in Italy, on different scale.  Smiley
kattekop

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:04:37 PM

If we should say the things he says on Twitter, we'd be banned. Everyone is equal under the law, but some are more equal.
I believe certain animals on Twitter are untouchables, I've read it somewhere.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:28:11 AM

I like how the world is no longer laughing behind Trump's back. They laugh right at his face now.

He is the stupidest guy I can think of.
because they realize now just how big his ego is. trump cannot fathom the idea that anyone would laugh at him, and realizing this, the rest of the world can laugh in his face without caring.

If we should say the things he says on Twitter, we'd be banned. Everyone is equal under the law, but some are more equal.
I believe certain animals on Twitter are untouchables, I've read it somewhere.
big public figures usually tend to have more 'flexible' interpretations of the law imposed on them in the us.

I think Trump is very dangerous, probably the most dangerous US president ever, so he's no joke.
i fully agree, and not just because of the geopolitical influence his position as president puts him, but the political climate that his presence has fostered in the country. I feel his regime is slowly shifting to resemble a fascist regime; he seems to impose an extent of control over the republican party, and ends up 'firing' people that don't give him what he wants (he's done this multiple times now). In addition, as comical as this is, he still holds political rallies halfway into his presidency that scarily resemble the ultranationalistic stunts a fascist regime would pull.

lets take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XqnE1PnWF4
and a look at this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPr6Le7edm8

to be honest, it scares me that america is slowly starting to look like this.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:44:38 AM

I don't live in the USA; however, I don't know why but I like to compare Donald Trump with Mr. Bean, and I do find Donald Trump funnier than Mr. Bean in many ways. The way he speaks, the way he tweets (in his tweets, he literally expresses his tone by CAPITALIZING the letters Roll Eyes), everything's just so hilarious.

When it comes to his tweets. Comedian Vir Das put this in a very funny way. you guys might wanna check this out. it will cheer you up Smiley

https://scroll.in/video/856681/watch-comedian-vir-das-represents-the-rest-of-the-world-on-american-tv-host-conan-o-brien-s-show
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:57:47 PM
Merited by Vod (5)

There's not really that great of presdence for criminal charges (or civil charges) brought against a sitting president. Normally, criminal charges are processed through Congress.

However, Congress is stacked with the same party as Trump... they're refusing to remove their own man.

Also, the Supreme Court is being stacked. A couple decades ago, I'm pretty sure the SCOTUS would rule that the president of the United States can stand before a trial. If the GOP (and Trump) gets their way, Trump will have nearly unlimited authority.

It doesn't help that Trump's a pathological liar. For example, from one of his speeches recently, they broke out everything he said.

The President can only be impeached. The president is immune from standard criminal prosecution. He could be charged for wrongdoing after leaving office, but he would have to be impeached and removed, or resign.  If Trump committed any federal crimes, then only Congress can address that wrongdoing by impeaching him.

It appears from history that only blowjobs and undeniable embarrassing evidence results in modern day impeachment.

Johnson was impeached but acquitted.  Nixon was impeached but resigned. Clinton was impeached but acquitted.

The problem with impeachment is that it carries a heavy political repercussion. Even the Democrats (if in majority) will try to avoid it because it is only successful if two thirds of congress vote to impeach. This would require Republicans to vote for impeachment - something unlikely to happen unless there is overwhelming evidence and at least three people recorded it happening. Even then there will be conspiracy theories.

Stacking the Supreme court has been done by both the Republicans and the Democrats. Constitutional interpretation is very important when determining whether laws are valid or not. The Supreme court has extreme powers by declaring something unconstitutional they can effectively nullify a law passed by congress.

Trump has gotten his way all his life using whatever means he could. Teflon Trump - scandals don't stick.
waterman

Activity: 192
Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:38:47 AM

This happened a lot too with the ex-president Bush I think it's not big deal. Although the governments are the reflection of the people, Donald Trump won with fewer votes than Hillary Clinton.
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 10:12:27 PM

let me start by saying that i have never been politically active...that is not to say that i am politically ignorant...its just that i have always seen politics as a means to control the ill-educated and easily-manipulated...or as george carlin put it "if you vote, you consent to be governed"...that said, in over 50 yrs on this planet i have never seen the likes of what is happening today...apparently, the education system is now in total collapse...i have seen ppl say that trump is literally worse than hitler or stalin (i had to put in "literally" because they were millenials who have somehow come to believe that every sentence must contain the word "literally" or start with "so")...hopefully, i dont need to explain how dangerously ignorant such a statement is (pretty sure they killed tens of millions)...as i said, i couldnt possibly care less who has been chosen by the retards to control our lives and force/forbid us to do x, y or z...but, i just cant understand how so many people have turned politics into religion...any deviation from the norm is met w/ absolute vitriol and hatred...my best friend of over 30 yrs (and some members of my own family) barely speak to me these days...not because i have said that i love trump (i dont)...but because i would not agree that i hate him and see him as being worse than the ebola virus....these people dont see me as simply being "wrong"...in their eyes, i am evil for not feeling the apoplectic hatred that they feel...i guess too many ppl still spend too much time watching tv...and back to the OP...i honestly see being laughed at by the UN as a badge of honor...no "governmental" body in history has done a better job of eating lobster whilst doing absolutely shit about so many incidences of genocide over the years
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:46:10 PM

no "governmental" body in history has done a better job of eating lobster whilst doing absolutely shit about so many incidences of genocide over the years

The UN is a tool of the rich and powerful nations to justify actions only if it is financially advantageous to do so.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 09:46:28 AM

And the government has marked this president a felon. I'm locking this thread because accountability for this man's actions.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: