Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:27:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Media is cancer  (Read 1189 times)
BlockTreeClub

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:01:42 AM

It depends on what kind of content you are reading because I was once so annoyed with useless posts in my Facebook but when I started joining significant groups that are very strict on posts, I now find social media like a pot of gold of information.

this.
making full use of current technology ..

you just have to know what to do and to do it right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:23:52 AM

His concern about spread of fake news is a serious problem.

Many netizens are being misinformed and quick in judging if there's an article that came out from a recent incident since its becoming a race of how quick they are in bringing news, so sometimes they lack of credible sources which results to fake news.
I agree, in addition to that, netizens reacts quickly like a lightning, they don't even know what's the story behind but they quickly judge.  I hope that we may say comments after we knew the truth.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
BlockTreeClub

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:46:21 AM

Many netizens are being misinformed and quick in judging if there's an article that came out from a recent incident since its becoming a race of how quick they are in bringing news, so sometimes they lack of credible sources which results to fake news.
I agree, in addition to that, netizens reacts quickly like a lightning, they don't even know what's the story behind but they quickly judge.  I hope that we may say comments after we knew the truth.

agreed but don't think it will happen anytime soon. the internet has spread too much thus netizens will react quickly and this is the problem.  Huh
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 11:22:46 AM

I agree on his concern because of social media there are a lot of misunderstanding in our community spreading of fake new is a serious problem i dont think theres a solution in this problem as long people has a freedom on posting what they want even its not right and its full of lie we cant do nothing. Social media now a days use always in Good and mostly on bad matter.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:13:14 PM

Want to know the best way to deal with fake news?

Fact check it!

It's really that easy... when you hear something that sounds incredible and want to share it, wait... google it first... read an article from a reputable news source and see if it agrees with the recent news you saw on Facebook or wherever

It's super simple... if you want some practice, watch Alex Jones and google every sentence out of his mouth... if you can't catch Alex Jones in a lie every 60 seconds, you are doing it wrong
Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:46:35 PM

Of course, its cancer, a lot of cancerous people are using it after all. Social media was supposed to be a medium of communication and spreading of information through the use of the internet, but because of the greed of human beings, they started using social media for other uses. An example would be wanting fame by spreading fake news, or even using hacking or phishing sites and masking it as some kind of explosive news can be an example.
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:43:25 AM

I agree on his concern because of social media there are a lot of misunderstanding in our community spreading of fake new is a serious problem i dont think theres a solution in this problem as long people has a freedom on posting what they want even its not right and its full of lie we cant do nothing. Social media now a days use always in Good and mostly on bad matter.

Fake news isn’t the only problem. What about the current data breach of FB?
https://www.wired.com/story/facebook-security-breach-50-million-accounts/
that’s alarming, right? But tech is tech. For sure AI algorithms can be developed to prevent both fake news and data breaches.
BlockTreeClub

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:32:52 AM

Fact check it!

It's really that easy... when you hear something that sounds incredible and want to share it, wait... google it first... read an article from a reputable news source and see if it agrees with the recent news you saw on Facebook or wherever

It's super simple... if you want some practice, watch Alex Jones and google every sentence out of his mouth... if you can't catch Alex Jones in a lie every 60 seconds, you are doing it wrong

agree with this.
but for the vast majority, upon seeing any news, their first reaction is to share it without fact checking first.
which ultimately results in even more spreading of the fake news until some soul decide to fact check which by then, it would have spread to thousands of people.
mgaturon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

People that are addicted in social media are cancers. Persons that always post their everyday life and no one cares.
jcojci

Activity: 693
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:02:50 AM

People that are addicted in social media are cancers. Persons that always post their everyday life and no one cares.

I agree with you, and we need to be wise when we use social media because we don't have any border and every people can watch, read about our status. Maybe many people don't like what we write, and this is why that we need to selective and it is good to use the filter to prevent the bad things that will appear to us.
BlockTreeClub

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:26:03 AM

I agree with you, and we need to be wise when we use social media because we don't have any border and every people can watch, read about our status. Maybe many people don't like what we write, and this is why that we need to selective and it is good to use the filter to prevent the bad things that will appear to us.

yupp agreed.
that's why we always have to be cautious about what we post online.
but best case scenario if for us here to take whatever news that's being posted onto social media with a pinch of salt.
energyces

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:21:56 AM

Social media is becoming more popular nowadays as everyone wants to share their views on social media.  Some people want to share their personal life events on social media. It has connected people
Social media is not cancer if you use it in effective way
but sometimes people use it in negative way and try to fraud others which is not good.
Energy Management Consulting Firms
avbitx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:08:17 AM

I don't agree with him anyways

mixed thoughts about this one!
EverydayBtc

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:47:52 PM

It depends on how you use it i only use it to communicate to my friends and family but using as to share your everyday life or everything you do i dont like it and it is becoming cancer now due to its advertising.
WiresAreComing

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:17:06 PM
Merited by NotoriousHodler (1)

With all benefits SN bring, there is one alarming tendency - netizens nowadays react first and research later, if ever.
Expressing your opinion is the top priority, no matter if a person knows what is actually happening. No place for the educated opinion on the modern SN, I`m afraid.
Same old story - people can distort any good intention and invention and make it cancerous. Honestly, I can`t think of a way to stop fake news at this point.
One could possible cope with it by checking several sources and comparing the info, but honestly who has time to do it?
cristin

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:13:14 PM

One is miliuner Patrick Soon-Shiong. In her interview with CNBC, Soon-Shiong criticize how people find the news via social media and also the spread of false news on social media. He also called medsos supposing cancer at this time '
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:52:09 PM

Yes it's cancer to the government MEDIA OUTLETS   because they are losing their grip on mind control..
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:00:37 PM

Social media as told the world what really is going on Grin..

You don't mean to say it's gotten worse in today's society do you?..

They used to stick a spike up your butt hole 17th century and put you on a tower..NOW what do you think some of the excuses was to ram a spike up your butt hole was? .

So now imagine if back then we had SOCIAL MEDIA    well BOB got spiked for saying GOD because he hurt his finger .. Roll Eyes

So NOW imagine life now without SOCIAL MEDIA  what tricks will the POLITICIANS play and what will they be robbing?..

Now with social media what will happen if the masses in your country find out a POLITICIAN is fiddling and put it on social media  SO is it a cancer or a blessing?..

The good is far better than the bad ..We now know where are taxes get spent  and much more what greedy shady politicians get up to..
hoverdrone

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:30:15 PM

Fact check it!

While it is totally true and reasonable, this is dealing with the problem, not with its cause.
How to fix the fake news situation? One solution comes to my mind: introduce AI censorship. AI is unbiased, it`ll conduct necessary fact checking and produce 'correct' piece of news.
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:55:54 PM

It is though, to be honest i quite feel that it's not just cancer but a toxic , a toxicity that bringing all the aspects of toxic and implant on our brains you know what i'm saying, let's face the reality, the sad reality that social media can kill too though. I wish we can turn back time to those moments or era that letters exist.

It's quite sad cause instead of social media is helping or a way of sharing the journey , now it doesn't , it kill.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆