Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:58:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wage Theft  (Read 129 times)
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:21:20 AM

Instead of enforcing traffic rules with quotas, swatting people's houses and shooting up innocent people, maybe cops should investigate the real theft in America; wage theft.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:57:14 AM

I believe investigating wage theft is not the cops' job. In my opinion, investigating such cases, most of the time is the job of the US Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division. The only role the cops will play on that is arresting the law offenders in case the Department of Labor finished their investigation and found the accused guilty beyond reasonable doubt after a court trial.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:15:39 PM

I believe investigating wage theft is not the cops' job. In my opinion, investigating such cases, most of the time is the job of the US Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division. The only role the cops will play on that is arresting the law offenders in case the Department of Labor finished their investigation and found the accused guilty beyond reasonable doubt after a court trial.

Hmm, I don't think this should be a federal thing to investigate. I think it should be more of a local thing rather than federal job.

Honestly, the protections make sense at a federal level, but we need more "boots on the ground" to investigate this horrible crime.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: