Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AntRouter R1-LTC Wireless Bridge - Sharing Wifi to LAN port?  (Read 158 times)
FOMO Arigato (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:25:47 AM

I'd like to get some use out of an old AntRouter I have laying around. I figured since it can connect to the house's WiFi signal and has a LAN port, I should be able to use it as a WiFi bridge - sharing the connection it's picking up out of it's LAN port.

Trying to use it that way rather than having to run a 100' Ethernet cable from my roommate's room to the router, or have to buy a wireless card to add to her desktop.

Has anyone had any success using this device as a WiFi bridge? Exhaustive search didn't find anything - the only reference I can find to this anywhere was in the R1-LTC manual which directs you to change protocol to PPPoE which is only applicable to DSL connections, and I'm using a cable modem.

Hours fiddling with the AntRouter settings and can't seem to get it to assign an IP, any help on how to do this in the settings (or flash over it since it's not at all worthwhile as a miner anymore) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks : )
sarcheer
Copper Member

Activity: 330
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:52:42 PM

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/relayclient

This is what I used to allow my R1-LTC to share wifi through its LAN port to connect one of my R4's to the internet. Still mines and is fully functional otherwise. Just make sure you customize the settings to your network.

Good luck!

Miners:
Avalon 1041, Whatsminer M10, Antminer T15 x 2, DragonMint T1 x 3, Innosilicon T2T, R4 x 2
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 02:49:33 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2018, 04:20:27 PM by BitMaxz

You mean you want to make your AntRouter R1-LTC as a repeater to expand your wifi signal in your house?
Or are you talking about connecting your R1-LTC to wifi without a cable? I found a youtube guide where you can connect it without using ethernet cable just follow the guide from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tat5o9uZHMI

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 07:11:11 AM

This is for the same topic which wasn't answered directly on this page. I know it's an old post. I know it's possible.
How do you configure the R1 to grab a Wi-fi signal and share it through the Ethernet port for providing a device with no built-in wireless a connection to the internet? I have it configured to mine online successfully. When I try to 'bridge' the wireless and lan connection it restarts and the wifi light goes dark with no more communication until I do a hard reset. (Backup of settings prior to experimenting with settings is a time saver for reloading it after the inevitable failure.) Sharing on other devices has been far simpler than with this one but I'm sure it's just a setting missing.
Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 07:12:48 AM

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/relayclient

This is what I used to allow my R1-LTC to share wifi through its LAN port to connect one of my R4's to the internet. Still mines and is fully functional otherwise. Just make sure you customize the settings to your network.

Good luck!

Using the built-in R1-LTC GUI, how would you achieve this? The relayclient instructions are a bit different to follow as I've never attempted this before. Do you have any information on how to use the built-in GUI to do the same thing? It sounds like you got it to work a while back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: