Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:07:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Testers needed for wallet - no payment - but prize money to win (2000$)  (Read 340 times)
JanEmil (OP)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 06:20:35 AM

What is needed to gain trust for the competition?

How should a team member claim the BTC?
Wallets will be posted public so can’t see how to cheat.
One person could get more than one thats right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 06:51:29 AM

What is needed to gain trust for the competition?

How should a team member claim the BTC?
Wallets will be posted public so can’t see how to cheat.
One person could get more than one thats right.

Well, there's always the possibility the team already exported all private keys before the wallets were posted, maybe even generated transactions beforehand to spend all unspent outputs controlled by those 100 wallets but didn't broadcast them yet. After all, they were the ones that generated those wallets and funded them... So they have the wallet file and the password, nobody can prove wether or not they exported any keys.

If they wait 10 or 15 seconds after they've published the wallets untill they broadcast the pregenerated spending transactions, nobody will be able to prove they claimed everything themselfs. After all, it could be a member of the public who wrote a script to download the wallet files, decrypt them, export the private keys, generate a spending transaction and broadcast these transactions just a couple of seconds after the wallets were posted. The wallet is open source, it shouldn't be to hard to reverse engineer the encryption and write a script to decrypt those password protected wallets + rip the xprv or private keys automatically.

I'm not saying that this is what they'll do, i'm just listing a potential abuse scenario...

There are ways to create a fair distribution, i'm not convinced this one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JanEmil (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 06:58:05 AM

So the team use +100 hours promoting to take 2k$ they already have?

Come on guys 😀

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 08:00:07 AM

So the team use +100 hours promoting to take 2k$ they already have?

Come on guys 😀

I'm defenately not accusing them, and I'm pretty sure they mean well... However, I don't think that the fact they've invested a lot of their time is a valid argument for a flawed airdrop distribution model.

$2k is $2k, and since there is no "provable fair" distribution method (as a matter of fact it's pretty easy for them to cheat) there is no way of being sure everything is distributed fairly.

I also think the argument of "some people being able to claim a couple wallets" is not just. I'm not going to invest my time in cheating, but i guess it wouldn't be to hard to:

- write a bot that monitors the project's telegram channel
- as soon as the wallets are posted, the bot will download them, together with the passwords
- as soon as a wallet is downloaded, he can use a script to automatically decrypt the wallet and export the xprv and first private key
- the script can then create a transaction that spends all funds in the wallet, and immediately broadcast said transaction to a lot of nodes.

I'm pretty sure that if a dedicated, knowledgeable thirth world programmer (because, let's face it, for somebody in a first world country, the $2k might not be worth the time you'd have to invest) really put his mind to this, he could grab all hundred wallets before honest participants even get the chance to download, open and spend from a single wallet...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JanEmil (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 08:17:47 AM

Not that simple. I tried to claim last time. It was complicated.
Some QR, some Hodler wallet passwords, some privat keys. And some thing I did not find out.

Monday I will try to ask if some lucky/smart people from last time could post here.
Budget year ending at work to day. So time is limited to day.

If you scroll up here you can see it
https://t.me/HODLER_TECH_IN

HODLER_TECH
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 18

www.hodler.tech - HODLER - Open Source MultiWallet

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 07:24:51 PM

We are sorry that you think that the competition may be unfair. During previous competitions with smaller amounts, they were organized in such a way that the amounts in the wallets did not have any confirmations, which gave equal opportunities to everyone. We are currently planning to publish the first few backups in the same way and the rest in one roll. If the transaction is unconfirmed, each person has an equal chance of sending a transaction to his address, if we send 50 backups at once, no one is able to open them simultaneously, even our developers.

We care about honest competition, the amount is not huge, but for many people it is good money, for us it is a low price for testing the performance of servers loaded with real users. These types of social tests will be repeated regularly. We hope you will join us.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet - Supported coins: BTC, BCH, LTC, DASH, ETHEREUM, ERC20 tokens, RVN, DGB
Supported platforms: Windows, Android and soon iOS and Linux.
Join us on Telegram: https://t.me/HODLER_TECH_IN       Download the wallet: https://hodler.tech
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: