Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:14:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction of price due to Satoshi's reveal?  (Read 7097 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:45:36 PM

Well, this is the bad news I was waiting for.  Now that I know Satoshi Nakamoto is Satoshi Nakamoto, I'm going to sell all my cryptocoins.  No point it owning them anymore if I know Satoshi is Satoshi.  Amiright?

Where is your post of CONFIRMED bad news when we need it? This is the MOTHER OF BAD NEWS! come'on!!!!

I'm too sad for all that.  I mean, now that we know who Satoshi is, bitcoin is broken.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:45:46 PM

I'm going to guess it has little effect. It doesn't change anything right?  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:46:10 PM

Stop living in denial,  this is Gox all over again. He almost certainly still has access to thousands of coins and has no reason to hide them anymore.  He either destroys them which no one will believe anyway or he dumps them at an exchange for cash to protect his family.  Which is more likely?

If he wanted to cash out he would never do it on an exchange, why would he? If he felt he wanted to cash out he could easily do so off exchange to avoid slippage, trusting exchanges and then all the AML/KYC.

But its not him.

If it was me, I would probably want to get my family out of there quickly.  He is apparently short of funds anyway and is going to need money fairly quickly.  An exchange represents the fastest way to get money unless he has kept contact or can receive shelter from wealthy holders.  Crashing the price is hardly going to be a primary concern. 
bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:46:30 PM

The problem is his ties to secret government projects. This adds fuel to the speculation that the NSA or some other government body has a hand in the creation of Bitcoin. Why has the US gone above and beyond supporting a new technology that could take away much of their power?

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:48:09 PM

It changes everything.  Now bitcoin lacks that crucial cryptocoin property of having an unknown anonymous creator who invented it under his own real name.  See?  Can't you see now why everyone is selling?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:48:54 PM

It doesn't fucking matter who made bitcoin. Not Random Japanese Dude, not scary sounding american three letter agency, not scary sounding russian three letter agency. None of it fucking matters. What is wrong with you people?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:50:19 PM

It doesn't fucking matter who made bitcoin. Bit Random Japanese Dude, not scary sounding american three letter agency, not scary sounding russian three letter agency. None of it fucking matters. What is wrong with you people?

We're selling because the core protocol is broken now that one of its properties has been destroyed - that of an anonymous creator who created it under his actual name.  Now do you understand?

adworker

Activity: 190

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:51:06 PM

Most of you sound like you believe the story. I dont without signed message

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3971

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:51:47 PM

We need one whose creator is unknown.

So, create one if you can, LOL
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:52:16 PM

Most of you sound like you believe the story. I dont without signed message
I said it before but its worth repeating. Underachieving bitch. Made up story. Likes.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

It changes everything.  Now bitcoin lacks that crucial cryptocoin property of having an unknown anonymous creator who invented it under his own real name.  See?  Can't you see now why everyone is selling?

You're fucking hillarious :-D I almost cried.
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:57:00 PM

Governments around the world already suspicious of US motives are not going to be receptive to a currency that was created by a man we now know (sort of) worked for the US Government on secret projects.  It totally validates the Chinese and Russian approach in my opinion and will do nothing to increase adoption. 
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:02:35 PM

//invoke constructor Wink in programing Lang is it still a valid sentence lmao ...

Hans Zimmer - Time (Inception)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxabLA7UQ9k

Roll Eyes

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:04:31 PM

i dont believe it. imo he isnt japanese and doesnt live in the us. this story makes no sense at all.

dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:05:29 PM

This article is only relevant to the bitcointalk community from a purely financially speculative perspective.

Whether it's true or not--from our perspective-- is irrelevant. People will take it as true.

What does that mean to the common person? I'm not yet sure. (They cast him overall in a negative light I think.) There will be some counters in the press too, some fact-checking hopefully. It will be a bit of a story to be sure.

I sense a small opportunity here for buying.

It's funny that people seem to be more comfortable (if the price drop reflects discomfort) with a shadowy, nebulous, mysterious, etc., creation story over something made tangible, whether true or not.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:06:00 PM

Not sure if it will have much of an impact, but the Chinese might not like this story (Japanese guy with possible NSA/CIA connections).

Chinese and Russian government knew this already. Hence why they brought the boot down on Bitcoin. They aren't stupid. They know how it threatens their economies.

Probably most Chinese aren't trading Bitcoin anymore. As zhangwhei stated in one of his excellent posts. Nobody is talking about Bitcoin anymore in China. It is stigmatised. Probably the real Chinese volume is indeed on BTC China and Huobi et al are as Bobby Lee stated, largely fake exchanges, operated for appearances sakes whilst insides off-load BTC they picked up cheap onto USD markets.

i dont believe it. imo he isnt japanese and doesnt live in the us. this story makes no sense at all.....

This story makes no sense at all.........to your flawed paradigm?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:10:41 PM

Governments around the world already suspicious of US motives are not going to be receptive to a currency that was created by a man we now know (sort of) worked for the US Government on secret projects.  It totally validates the Chinese and Russian approach in my opinion and will do nothing to increase adoption. 

Yea I dont think people realize the severity of the situation - even if there is no proof, the suspicion alone is enough to put off many nations from adopting Bitcoin. There is a full blown espionage war on-going right now and I doubt the likes of China/Russia are going to back some technology that has the possible taint of a US government branch involved in it. Also what are all the anti-FED, libertarian, anarchists going to think if their saviour technology is actually birthed by their very enemy. Although I dont expect any link to the US government to be proven in any way so believers will stick their hand in the sand and ignore that inconvenient detail.

If Satoshia did indeed create Bitcoin as a contractor for some government agency, it also explains why he hasn't spoken up about it (NDA) and why he hasn't cashed out at all (the coins don't actually belong to him). The fact that he's broke and has medical problems and still hasn't withdrawn any money is awfully suspicious for me.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Chucky1976

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:13:14 PM

Should be no relevance to price of coins
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:15:13 PM

Gotta say, the language in this "dorian satoshi" letter doesn't sound similar to that used in the white paper etc.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dorian-satoshi-letter-and-train-2014-3
Predatorian

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:17:28 PM

now price going down, not sure what going to happen when all in panic sell many btc right now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: