Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 08:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It will soon be a battle between AIs in terms of fake news. Who would win?  (Read 172 times)
UconBit (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:15:35 PM

Saw this reddit post and I realized that there will be if not at this very moment a battle between AIs in social media. On one side, we have AIs generating fake news. On the other, we have AIs that is removing them. Who would win the end?
If fake news AI wins, we as a society lose.
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:44:19 PM

Fake news became rampant through social media so I think it is just right that Facebook and the likes are doing what they can to target them. In an ideal society, people would fact-check what they read. In real life, people read the headline, get triggered, and then click share. If Facebook and other tech companies could create an AI without bias and just remove articles that pose as news even if they were just made by some bot farm somewhere in China or Russia or wherever they come from then they are just basically solving a problem that they created. It should be treated as part of their corporate responsibility to create those AIs
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:32:21 PM

Saw this reddit post and I realized that there will be if not at this very moment a battle between AIs in social media. On one side, we have AIs generating fake news. On the other, we have AIs that is removing them. Who would win the end?
If fake news AI wins, we as a society lose.
Technology is getting advanced each day and it supposed to have positive benefits. Fake news is an issue here in our country. If AIs in social media are creating them, then we all should be aware with it so we can create something that would fight with it. I think if we would just do some action, we might win in this battle.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
byteball

Activity: 266
Merit: 42

The rising tide lifts all boats

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:03:24 AM

It should be treated as part of their corporate responsibility to create those AIs
You are pinning hopes on AIs to clear the mess as if they were Heroes or Gods.
While probably leaving mere humans to their own devices, dumbing themselves down even further and relying on AIs in everything?
This seems dangerous to me.

And why is that part of their responsibility? They may go out of business, and the fest will continue in SteemIt and other blockchain-based decentralised social media that will spring up. Then you will have only developers and token holders to blame, without any notion of enforceability in a court of Law. And the token holders will be authors.

Ceterum censeo Civitatem Profunda esse delendam
Dukjila

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:05:05 AM

First of all, fake news is created in order to distract the attention of the audience from really significant and important news. As a rule, politicians use them.

Some states seriously took up the struggle against the falsehoods. For example, in Malaysia introduced a law that provides for criminal liability for the distribution of fakes. The maximum punishment is 6 years in prison and a fine of about 130 thousand dollars.
SneakyLady

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:12:01 PM

I think we'll just reach a point where the public will be so knowledgeable of fake news that unless AI doesn't debunk it, people just won't pay attention to it. I might be assuming the general public is much smarter than it is, however.  Roll Eyes
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:35:36 PM
Merited by jenni161 (1)

I think we'll just reach a point where the public will be so knowledgeable of fake news that unless AI doesn't debunk it, people just won't pay attention to it. I might be assuming the general public is much smarter than it is, however.  Roll Eyes
In my dream world that would be the case. In real life, unfortunately, it is not. How many people don't even read beyond the headline? Fake news are rampant and the people who are sharing them are real people. They could be your family, relatives, friends, or colleagues. These people are aware that there are fake news especially in social media and yet there are still many who still share them and talk about them as if they were really real. They believe them most of all if its support their bias or whoever they are following, like a politician or a celebrity.
So if AI can create fake news, then AI should also be able to detect and remove them. We just have to actually trust that the people behind them are actually doing it for the general good and not for their own.
Jimbable

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:32:15 PM

Considering how gladly people consume fake news, that confirm their bias, that might never happen.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:53:34 AM

I do not think this is good news or even new since fake news is all around us now even without AI. Whether it is AI vs AI battling towards removing or publishing fake news on social media, I do not think that it benefits anyone. Although there are people who do not believe this kind of news right away, there are others who do, and that is not helpful. This is a bad use of AI, in my opinion and should not be practiced.
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:05:03 PM

I do not think this is good news or even new since fake news is all around us now even without AI. Whether it is AI vs AI battling towards removing or publishing fake news on social media, I do not think that it benefits anyone. Although there are people who do not believe this kind of news right away, there are others who do, and that is not helpful. This is a bad use of AI, in my opinion and should not be practiced.
AI creating fake news should not be practiced but it will continue to happen and it's worse than human made ones and they are targeted intelligently to people.
AI removing fake news AI or human generated should be made because the ideal world where fake news do not spread does not exist.
byteball

Activity: 266
Merit: 42

The rising tide lifts all boats

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:44:13 PM

This is a bad use of AI, in my opinion and should not be practiced.
Once AI is sentient (some people persuade it will be, as consciousness is substrate-neutral) it will not ask anyone, it will engage in warfare with humans and the prime method of warfare is deception. So evolve and be vigilant, you still have time.

Ceterum censeo Civitatem Profunda esse delendam
jenni161

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 10:00:43 PM

In my dream world that would be the case. In real life, unfortunately, it is not. How many people don't even read beyond the headline? Fake news are rampant and the people who are sharing them are real people. They could be your family, relatives, friends, or colleagues. These people are aware that there are fake news especially in social media and yet there are still many who still share them and talk about them as if they were really real. They believe them most of all if its support their bias or whoever they are following, like a politician or a celebrity.
So if AI can create fake news, then AI should also be able to detect and remove them. We just have to actually trust that the people behind them are actually doing it for the general good and not for their own.

I merited this, but I have to make clear that I don't agree on the last sentence. You can't trust the group of people creating AI because there are lots of individuals with different goals, limited capacities etc. And AI is already creating more AI.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:28:44 AM

Wow. Had no idea AI will be used to create fake news too. But I guess the optimist in me believes that AI will be powerful enough to counterattack fake news creation. And at the end of the day, it’s a lesson for us to be responsible and accountable as well.
It’s briefly talked about here:
https://www.decentpropaganda.com/ai-is-bad-news-for-fake-news/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: