Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:33:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be like Bill  (Read 451 times)
hunnykaushal (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:52:50 AM

Always buy after proper research and invest in good projects and never sell at loss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:22:30 AM

In these bearish days, you only have two options: whether you'll wait for the next dip even how long it takes in order to avoid losses or investing now despite of the loss, hodl while the price still goes up and cash out when you finally recover your investment with additional good profits. Actually, there's nothing wrong whatever you choose from those two options just only make sure that it suits to your current status. If you have a lot of time for waiting then go for the first option but if you are afraid of missing the boat and always in a hurry then do the risk — go with the latter option.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:26:02 AM

... never sell at loss....

this is the main reason why we currently have people who have lost more than 90% of their investment. first because they were newbies who had no idea how investment works and second because people like you have been encouraging them to continue holding even though they were losing money!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Iykecolyno
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:48:33 AM
Merited by Red-Apple (1)

Always show people the other side of the story as well.

The other side of the story:

This is Jill

Bill loves Cryptocurrency

Bill bought his favorite coin at $15, hoping to sell for $100

The next day it dropped to $8.5

Jill thought everything was OK that it will get back to higher price.

Jill decided to sell if price gets to $10.

Jill's token is now worth $7.

Don't be like Jill.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:01:17 AM

exactly.
unfortunately as of late bitcointalk has turned into a place to encourage newbies to become bag holders. there are at least a dozen topics each week (specially during dumps) that is telling newbies to hold, don't sell, have "patience", ... and all this time those who listened have been losing a lot of money!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
hunnykaushal (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:54:41 AM

... never sell at loss....

this is the main reason why we currently have people who have lost more than 90% of their investment. first because they were newbies who had no idea how investment works and second because people like you have been encouraging them to continue holding even though they were losing money!
Look at very first line i mentioned, do proper research before investment.  Smiley
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:09:37 PM

Always buy after proper research and invest in good projects and never sell at loss.

This is hilarious.  Cheesy I also buy some coins that aren't yet popular and does not yet pump. I just wait for it and of course I always put my stop-loss unless it goes against my way.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:20:04 PM

I think that all those investors who have just come to the crypto market have great advantages over those who bought a year ago. The market is strongly subsided, and the altcoins prices are very favorable,  but the majority spent their fiat money and there is nothing to buy Grin Grin Grin.  I'm talking about the majority)the most common problem) we only have one advantage over newcomers - our experience, we have seen a lot and our nerves like steel.

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:38:11 PM

This is case to case basis because for what i have experienced for this year was when i buy the dip its dips even more losing my capital. Don't be like Bill is better if the market will in favor of bullish trend but during this bearish market which still in effect, it is better to sell high and buy it low again.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:38:18 PM

how you define a "good" project?

some coins like XRP/DOGE/XVG have a nice pump last years, possibly this year too but some of the coins i mentioned highly disliked in this space.

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:42:08 PM

don't be like Bill, study the coin before investing in it. if you do not know why the price is growing, then chose other coin, investigate it and only after that make a decision about buying.
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 12:46:45 PM

Professional traders are always the winner here, and people that are manipulating the market, Longterm Hodl is no longer effective, we cannot determine if that certain coin is in his bottom too many manipulations in the market, the elite are laughing now.
lebedi

Activity: 197
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:25:36 PM

It is the most realistic picture I have ever seen about the crypto. It is actual problem and this joke has a so important aim that we really must follow it.
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:25:33 PM

The other side of the story:

I think this like the market last 3 months ago Grin I also buy ETH at $450 and hope it will reach $500. Well, it's really reach $500, but a half of $500.  Cheesy
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 09:56:31 PM

I laughed at this "meme", but this is the harsh truth unfortunately. Or fortunately for some people, but I'm not going to talk about that now. This definitely reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Q6wWu5ziY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
christofyler

Activity: 532
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:25:34 PM

I don't blame him doing that invest is risky game..... In crypto is not always good to be too greedy because if you are you may end up loosing all... When investing always have price target in mind if it sell beyond that price you shouldn't be freak by it.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:07:35 PM

This is the trick, trying to determine the best time to invest and if the coin is going to pump or dump. Even news can be faked due to the source being a hodler him or herself, or the article being a paid one. Relying on luck is never a good option, but sometimes it is all you have

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:26:14 PM

In fact, the opposite is true: Using stop loss is a must in trading to protect your investment for going to zero.
Holding leads you nowhere on a declining market especially if you holding useless coins.
Get used to accept  loss and be aware, that it is  the  part of trading process.
Earlier your learn more successful you will be.
The goal is to have more winning than losing trades.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1616

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 11:32:55 PM

Stop loss in highly volatile and decentralized markets is a very dangerous proposition. Your stop can be hit and the price can recover in seconds,

stops can be hunted much more easily on low volume, and so called "whales" are looking for opportunities like this every day, in fact it's the

number 1 trading strategy of some players. Crypto markets have their own unique rules, you need to adjust your tactics accordingly.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:39:55 PM

This is hunnykaushal.

Hunnykaushal reposts memes from the bull market that are no longer relevant without any discretion.

Hunnykaushal looks like a fool for posting a scenario where Waltonchain is trading at $15 when in reality it's below $3 and has been for over a month.

Don't be like hunnykaushal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: