Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pray for Donggala Central Sulawesi, Indonesia. Earthquake Mag 7.7 SR  (Read 228 times)
dee_x17 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:00:10 PM

3 hours ago Indonesia have disaster, Earthquake Mag 7.7 SR (Potential Tsunami). 1 people dead, and 10 people injury
I hope all getting fine, please support and pray for them.
https://www.earthquaketrack.com/r/sulawesi-indonesia/recent

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/sC-5Bhe7-3M

I will update this thread if any news

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dee_x17 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:05:51 PM

UPDATE

Video on residential area https://youtu.be/ySUay-vNp_4

Am really so sad to hear their cry, many child and old man can't do anything.  Sad
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 01:32:26 PM

Why do we need to pray?

Has your god been sleeping and is unaware of what has happened?

No need to second guess god - he will do what's right.  If he does nothing - obviously everyone who died was a sinner.  Sad
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:10:52 PM

Why do we need to pray?

Has your god been sleeping and is unaware of what has happened?

No need to second guess god - he will do what's right.  If he does nothing - obviously everyone who died was a sinner.  Sad

Hahha! True, no point in praying. It sucks that it happened but there is no God to ask favours of or pray to. So I totally agree with you on this, even though some people may find it harsh! Its called reality.
Helana

Activity: 80
Merit: 71

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:40:27 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 10:04:30 AM by Helana
Merited by vapourminer (5), dbshck (2), ABCbits (1)

I am not going to pray, but I can give you some recommendations based on my own experience.

I've been a rescuer from the last 4 years and lived some similar situation (earthquake) in Mexico too, the last year. So, I have some recommendations for you to read, just in case:

1.- Be careful with the installations: both gas and light might be revised.
2.- Do not trust any structure. A lot of buildings fall after a couple of days, because of the new little earthquakes or rain, or a simple truck passing too close. So, do not trust them, take a look of them, any crack should be taken under consideration, but neither panic, just ask the authorities to take a look if you see anything suspicious.
3.- Keep a  security bag with you with those objects: your personal documentation, a lamp, face masks, a first aid kit and some batteries, a cell phone, a radio, any medication you take, or someone closed to you, must be on the bag, some clothes, etc.
4.- Never never give medical help to someone if you don't know what to do. But, of course, if somebody is in peril (for instance, something is about to fall on his/her head, well, just try to keep them safe until the help arrives).
5.- Everyone wants to help when a situation like this came. I get it. But try to not interfere with the emergency personnel or the professional rescuers. This is annoying when you arrive at some place and are unable to work because of the people "trying to help". Just listen to the commands of the people. If you need to pray, then pray, but away from the emergency zone. Stay home if yours is secure, always with your security bag closed to you.
6.- Do not spread the unconfirmed news. THAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT. Always, when there is a tragedy, the most common situation is to receive, as rescuers, tons of false alarms, because the people are too scared. But it always makes the rescuers lose too much time, so, please, do not spread, under any circumstance, a new or any kind of information you just can't corroborate.
7.- Help others if you are calmed. If you can, just help the people around you, by sharing news, by sharing blankets, by just smiling. Just spread the calm. If you are too nervous, then just don't spread your panic.
8.- Everyone can help but you don't need to be a hero. By giving someone homeless a place to stay or a tent, or a single blanket, even a sandwich. That's helping. Playing a hero in such a situation is something to avoid.
9.- Be careful with the drinking water. When an earthquake shakes the earth, it is kind of common for the water table to suffer a little variation. This can mix the potable water with the residual one, and that's why, after one, it is kind of common that an outbreak of cholera, for instance, appears. So be careful, and try to drink only bottled water for a while.

Well, those are, from my perspective and experience, the most important points coming to my mind. If I remember something else, I will EDIT the post.
Be safe, people.

Wish you the best.

(I've also written this on the FTT project: https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/index.php?topic=221.msg888#msg888)
dee_x17 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:36:04 PM

UPDATE
Victim of tsunami found 861 people dead and more than 560 people serious injury.
https://www.bbc.com/indonesia/indonesia-45690111
myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:36:20 PM

I was watching news and it says more than 1200 dead. It's terrible and it may happen anywhere. I hope they recover soon but i believe it will take long time.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:50:54 PM

I hope all getting fine, please support and pray for them.

Or alternatively you could stop talking to your imaginary friend and uttering meaningless mantras and either help or send funds to those who do.
dee_x17 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:56:21 AM

I was watching news and it says more than 1200 dead. It's terrible and it may happen anywhere. I hope they recover soon but i believe it will take long time.
and i hope it too mate.

UPDATE
Desperate Sulawesi residents turn to looting
https://youtu.be/IB2VelsFEog
Muheng

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:53:36 AM

i'm so sorry to hear that, I always pray to the victim without breaking up, a disaster that is very frightening to me, I hope the disaster victims are always given patience
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: