Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 50M Facebook Users Security Breach! Would you still keep your Facebook acct?  (Read 165 times)
SnowAugustine (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:06:55 PM

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45686890
"The company said attackers were able to exploit a vulnerability in a feature known as “View As” to gain control of people's accounts. The flaw has been fixed, wrote the firm’s head of security, Guy Rosen, adding all affected accounts had been reset, as well as another 40 million "as a precautionary step"

I was wondering earlier when I was chatting via fb messenger why I was all of a sudden logged out from my account. Well, this is what apparently has happened.

Facebook eats up a lot of my time and its messenger has been like the default messaging system for me. It is kinda hard to remove from my life now but it seems they are suffering from one issue to another.

If you have a facebook account, does this bother you? Would you consider keeping your account?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:32:19 PM

I ditched Facebook in 2013 man, I saw what they were doing and didn't want any part of it. 
NotoriousHodler

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:35:58 PM

I ditched it in 2011 myself. Really bad interface IMO and now it's just and ads platform, or platform for stupid jokers.
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:32:51 AM

I ditched it in 2011 myself. Really bad interface IMO and now it's just and ads platform, or platform for stupid jokers.

That's the beauty of decentralization.  We're on two different global tracts, those that want to consolidate centralization and increase regulation, and then there's the blockchain and decentralized community.  The question is, who's going to win  Smiley
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 03:38:23 AM

Ads platform for sharing HOAX news LOL

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:55:39 PM

I ditched it. I don't even remember what year.
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:57:39 PM

Much as I want to delete my Facebook account, all of my friends are in there and the messenger is very useful to me. More so than facetime. I am also a member of several interesting groups where I spend a lot of time having great conversations with different people. It's short of addicting. And the way it now offers one video after another is a real bait.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:05:53 PM

Much as I want to delete my Facebook account, all of my friends are in there and the messenger is very useful to me. More so than facetime. I am also a member of several interesting groups where I spend a lot of time having great conversations with different people. It's short of addicting. And the way it now offers one video after another is a real bait.

Me too. My family is in there. I can't just get out of it even when people says is not safe. I'm just using a different name though but still I post photos of mine just to keep my family updated about me. I live miles and miles away from them, they can call me but photos are much different. Everyone is in facebook and google besides I'm doing my business in facebook Smiley
UconBit

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:29:20 PM

SAME! I haven't really thought about deleting Facebook. I mostly follow news pages so I really don't see much bullshit. The newsfeed really depends on what you Liked. I also unfollowed annoying people or just unfriended them. The friends I have on Facebook are people I really know in real life. If you have a newsfeed that you tailored to your liking then it is actually enjoyable but a huge time-waster.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:56:07 PM

I ditched it. I don't even remember what year.
I really don't care about ,you Facebook account though I use it a lot of times. I don't even use it to send message anymore due to privacy concerns and there is nothing that anyone can get on me if they have access to the account.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
CryptoBalds

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:02:46 AM

I agree with you bro that it has tons of advertisements even when you just watch some of the video on it you will be annoyed by the ads it has.

Plus the people who are using it are usually keyboard warriors or people who are promoting their own political character.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
MoonCrypt

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:17:21 PM

major issues with the online community is breach of data, to stay secured login to FB change your secret data and logout from any unauthorized location

Jandrei1

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:21:27 AM

It's annoying  that Facebook can easily be hacked.This is the reason I keep everything in private just beware your  personal information might be in Wikipedia now. Sad
Gaselemeg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 12:00:24 PM

I don't understand what makes people continue to use it. What can you expect from a gloomy dump that collects information about users and promotes ads?

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
rohitkaira

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:31:10 AM

I hardly use facebook and i dont provide very accurate data to companies like facebook because there business is to use your personal  information to make money.

I still keep facebook but hardly use it and they wont get what they want.

Please guys be careful before providing your personal information on internet even if it is facebook or google.
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:24:05 AM

I lost my fb account because of this. I feel so terrible and i don't want to use fb again so i don't try to recover my fb acount, my private posts and pcis are not safe on fb.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: