Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevent spam by reporting thread those are include question.  (Read 226 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 05:26:54 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2018, 12:36:45 PM by Coolcryptovator

Post edited;
Prevention is better than cure
Usually we use Report to moderators if we see spam post and that is cure of spam. But in few case we can prevent spam by reporting whole thread especially those thread are include question.
For example : Where I can edit my signature? , OP asked a question. Once I saw OP already got appropriate answer than I report to moderator for locked this thread and it's marked "good". Also thread has been locked. Because even OP got answer few people are repeating same answers on reply those are consider spam. If question is forum related than it's very easy to identify OP got answer or not.

Just just share this experienced because other reporter also can do it to prevent spammer.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 05:54:46 AM

Hi mate, I know you make a good contribution to the forum but any chance that you can improve your English a little bit? I usually understand what you say but I’m not really sure of what you are trying to say here.

First of all, I don’t understand why you reported that thread. Then you say that lots of post have a question mark, but I only see few. Finally, I don’t if you are talking about reporting threads that have already been answered and not locked, threads that ask general info forum questions that shouldn’t be opened or both.

In the first case, when I open a thread, I don’t usually lock it when I see a satisfactory reply because sometimes I get another reply afterward that goes more in depth or gives another view of the subject.

The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 12:28:13 PM

any chance that you can improve your English a little bit? I usually understand what you say but I’m not really sure of what you are trying to say here.
I don’t understand why you reported that thread.
Thanks for suggest.
Ok, let me edit thread with simple word. I reported thread because OP has got appropriate answers. So open thread means more people will discusse same thing. So I report to moderator for locked it.

OP got answers and he reply on thread,
Thank you for your constructive answer. Have a good Friday

In your case is different. Mostly newbie make this kind of thread. That's why rank system here. All user and their question aren't same. I just share it because I don't know that others reporters aware about that or no. Because for me this is first case.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3046

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:26:52 PM

If you or others lock those threads with questions around the forum or forum related things the next newbie maybe open a new thread again about nearly the same Question !
Sure , if some threads have just stupid questions and they got an answer and you can read the answer somewhere else in another thread , the thread should be locked or deleted !
But anyway the most  newbies just dont use the search button or doing a  research for there problems and so they open up a new thread !
If you report this threads maybe let them move to the Beginners Forum !

allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:59:35 PM
Merited by Alone055 (1)

Can we report this thread to be locked; cause i think that you hv made ur point.  Wink
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 04:01:42 PM

Hi mate, I know you make a good contribution to the forum but any chance that you can improve your English a little bit? I usually understand what you say but I’m not really sure of what you are trying to say here.

Suggested the same thing in one of his earlier threads. I'm not sure if he even read it or not. This is what I said:

@OP, may I give you an advice? I wish you don't mind this, but you should probably practice your English a bit more. Since you are a good poster and you will need to continue that, you should probably learn the grammar which is not that difficult if you dedicate some time to it. It is not that your writing is not understandable, but I think it would look much more convincing for the readers if your sentence construction is a little bit more precise.
I hope you take this positively.

Regards.

OP got answers and he reply on thread,
Thank you for your constructive answer. Have a good Friday

Have you even read the complete thread which you are talking about? The reply you have quoted was actually not from OP to someone who answered the question he asked, but it was for TMAN who gave some tips to OP for getting Merits because he had posted a couple of threads in one of his replies there where he tried to get Merits by plagiarizing, which is what was being discussed in that thread after the answers of Vod and jacee, which answered the questions asked by the OP.

Locking threads after getting satisfactory answers is good, but if there are more things to be discussed that relates to that issue or to the OP, there is no bad in that, IMO.

k.nero

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:03:34 PM

I understand your point of view. Yes, it’s sane to lock a thread once the objective of the thread has been achieved. In case of a thread that asks a question, there might be alternative answers or detailed answers from another set of people or a sets of questions which be might be triggered from the answers. It won’t be okay to open another thread to ask another question related to the initial one due to the fact that the original thread with the Lateef wuatuik is locked.

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | 5+ Millions USD Raised
2 Millions Orders/s ▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: