Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Vs. Bitcoin  (Read 338 times)
incaa35 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:48:04 PM

Hi, something is going on my mind nowadays Ethereum (119.257.105.958) market approach to Bitcoin (197.808.898.769) approached. The Ethereum has a lot of confidence in the overall sense that it manages to maintain its position up and down despite the entire market shaking.

Will Ethereum be able to catch Bitcoin?

or will it be possible to return to the old Bitcoin when the Lighting Network is in use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:22:14 PM

I see you are a newbie and posted the topic on a wrong section.

So, it's obvious that you have posted in the wrong section. I would suggest you to move the topic to either in Bitcoin Discussion or in Altcoin Discussion.

Scroll down and on the left bottom side you will find a link called move topic. You can use that.

Thank you.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:04:50 AM

Hi, something is going on my mind nowadays Ethereum (119.257.105.958) market approach to Bitcoin (197.808.898.769) approached. The Ethereum has a lot of confidence in the overall sense that it manages to maintain its position up and down despite the entire market shaking.

or will it be possible to return to the old Bitcoin when the Lighting Network is in use?

Sorry to burst the bubble for you but ETH won't reach Bitcoin price that easy. I will admit that at certain point they try but failed, they even have a term for it, The Flippening.

As for Bitcoin, LN is designed to solved its scalability issues (although fees today are very low and transactions are very quick) so if could really bring a lot of pump in the market is LN is rolled out or adopted by many bitcoin users, if you wanted to know more about it just go to the Bitcoin Technical Support board here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=4.0.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:18:37 PM

The possibilities for that to happen, I don't see it for now , not until icos starts having positive news and information rather than these too much FUD around the icos lately. I believe if icos have better performance, etheruem will have a great performance too.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:23:46 PM

This time the transaction cost of bitcoin was really cheap right now and i thought that it's not really needed the lightning network, it can be used by so many people. Remember the bankers have been stated that bitcoin is not enough scalable to be used by a lot of people around the world. It will but it's also impossible for me personally.
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:52:01 AM

This is impossible because etherium is still unable to deal with a surge in transactions so that a lot of transactions are not resolved and failed and this is a logical problem that makes prices weaker and bitcoin seems to remain the leader of all coins for the time being until 2020 still

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:59:55 AM

Sorry to burst the bubble for you but ETH won't reach Bitcoin price that easy.

it is so simple, it will never happen. not easy, not hard, not long, it will never happen.

and the reason is pretty simple. there is unlimited number of ETH available while bitcoin is capped at 21 million. when bitcoin is scarce ethereum is available like grains of sand.
not to mention that bitcoin is a world wide decentralized currency while ETH is one of many tokens used for ICOs on one out of at least 5 good ICO platforms including Waves and EOS.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:05:01 AM

You must know that it is not feasible to compare bitcoin and ethereum, even bitcoin cash that is often said by real bitcoin people is not able to compete with bitcoin. I can't imagine if all erc20 tokens move to another platform, maybe ethereum won't be able to maintain its position?
princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:08:39 AM

don't make me laugh because it's just a dream if Ethereum can surpass Bitcoin. Bitcoin prices compared to Ethereum prices are far different and I think it will take years for Ethereum to become the No.1 coin in cryptocurrency.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:29:56 AM

This is impossible because etherium is still unable to deal with a surge in transactions so that a lot of transactions are not resolved and failed and this is a logical problem that makes prices weaker and bitcoin seems to remain the leader of all coins for the time being until 2020 still
This is definitely not going to happen forever because there will definitely be an improvement towards positive things. For me Bitcoin and Etherum should be able to work together to build a much larger crypto ecosystem in the world today. Etherum is the biggest platform in handling various projects ICO and Bitcoin is a coin that has gained trust and also a very high level of popularity. So if Bitcoin and Etherum can collaborate well then I am very confident that in the future we will face a very bright digital era.
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:29:29 AM

in long term btc is more profitabel
but in short and middle term ethereum is more profitable.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:18:33 PM

No. You should be worried with your ETH vs. XRP.

Lightning network has been used by some enterprise and its very quick. Let's see on how it will impact the whole bitcoin market if its finally and totally adopted by the community.

Just check this transaction:

Coke Vending Machine with Bitcoin and Lightning Network

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Virtual-Money

Activity: 236
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:17:02 AM

I don't think Ethereum can bet bitcoin price..its imposible to happen
Jianx

Activity: 630
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:18:44 AM

ETH and BTC are something that cannot be separated, such as brother and sister maybe. both affect the price of all coins. So in my opinion these two coins are just as important.but choosing coins at a cheaper rate is probably the best investment path
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:10:48 PM

I dont think that ETH can overcome BTC. It is still an kind of altcoin. Bitcoin is different from apart of the world. Bitcoin still has own value and nothing can replace its position.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:41:25 PM

Both have a lot of competition in the current market but bitcoin will always be the first and will benefit from that. Ethereum has more competition and a lot less of a loyal following. While people will likely move away from ethereum to a better alternative that's less likely to happen with bitcoin.

tytanhamon04

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:04:35 PM

Ethereum will not be able to catch up with bitcoin ! Bitcoin dominates the market more than 50 % ! I'm even afraid to think how this can happen.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:22:43 PM

ETH and BTC are something that cannot be separated, such as brother and sister maybe. both affect the price of all coins. So in my opinion these two coins are just as important.but choosing coins at a cheaper rate is probably the best investment path
I agree with you that even a few times, Ripple tried to win the position of ethereum, but in the end, ethereum was able to rise again. This is due to the trust of investors who have believed that ethereum and bitcoin are coins that have good potential for the future.
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:48:13 PM

I agree with you that even a few times, Ripple tried to win the position of ethereum, but in the end, ethereum was able to rise again. This is due to the trust of investors who have believed that ethereum and bitcoin are coins that have good potential for the future.
until now we can see that bitcoin and etherium are the most traded coins you can see in coinmarketcap therefore both of them still have a big chance in the market now and maybe until the future but etherium remains under bitcoin

Oleg88

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:20:26 PM

I think that Bitcoin will be in a leading position among the entire cryptocurrency for a long time and ETH will not overtake it
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: