Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think spyware installation is valid?
It stops the baddies - 0 (0%)
Spying on citizens is naughty - 2 (100%)
I don't care about privacy anyway - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Totalitarian spyware application installation.  (Read 130 times)
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:13:15 PM

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/194353/police-forcing-me-to-install-jingwang-spyware-app-how-to-minimize-impact#comment385403_194353

That comment sparked insight into the actual problem suggested (if you read the full context).

Kinda scary for a government to require you to install spyware on your device.

I'm totally in favor of someone here in America writing a bypass for their spyware app for privacy of the citizens. Mass rebellion might work, I guess.

myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:04:10 AM

I think no one should be forced to use such spying technologies and make them self's as a puppet's of government. Mobile phones main purposes included keeping our personal content safe. If its just hampered by the government that means they are making the use of technology limited in the country.

I was also surprise to know that police are forcing people to install that app or else they will put some charges on the person which is totally a misuse of power.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:35:15 PM

I think no one should be forced to use such spying technologies and make them self's as a puppet's of government. Mobile phones main purposes included keeping our personal content safe. If its just hampered by the government that means they are making the use of technology limited in the country.

I was also surprise to know that police are forcing people to install that app or else they will put some charges on the person which is totally a misuse of power.

Yep, and yep. It's an issue that people need to know. I think anyone that values privacy will agree with you.

I figured with all those Chinese school children spamming the forums, they'd see this thread an offer their own insight.

bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:17:45 PM

Bump for this. I'm pretty sure China and other totalitarian nations are still doing these naughty things.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: