Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking suggestion for new ICO for trading exchange platform.  (Read 95 times)
briansparks (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:27:10 PM

Hello,

(Mod : If this post is more suited in any other forum, please move and forgive my ignorance)

I am seeking some serious suggestion, as this is the place where I see most knowledgeable people in crypto world.
It is not technical question but more of a marketing one.
We would be launching a new ICO, for crypto trading platform. With much more features than other major trading platform.
An ideal ICO would go like this example. People will buy some tokens at $1 and hold them. After couple of month, when those tokens will be listed on exchange, they expect it be selling at more than $1 and that'w how they gain profit on that. Few will add incentives and others will give rewards as holding benefit on their product.
In current bad market, for our exchange, it is difficult to prove that if our token is $1, they will find it more $1 when it will be launch. Though it is not security but, still people would like to see, what can be possible benefit.
Do you think, any such incentive or holding benefit can be introduced, per your experience of working with others so far ?
I am open to any suggestion and can see, if it can fit in this program.

Thanks in advance.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:56:12 PM

You can introduce master nodes and staking (pOS algorithm). This would encourage token holders to Hodl
The actual driving force is the quality of the project. Investors would not be too worried about a drop after listing. Especially in the current market situation. And they would be encouraged to hold a currency with potential, regardless the algorithm used.
So work on the product development, as that is the primary objective.

Also, since you mentioned you're working on a trading platform, you can consider a deflationary model, i.e biting token used to fuel the platform, so if a user uses the token for transaction fees maybe, it doesn't go back I to circulation. This reduces the supply and could have a positive effect on the value.

Hello,

(Mod : If this post is more suited in any other forum, please move and forgive my ignorance)

I believe this thread is most suited for altcoin discussion.
You have an option to move topic, check the bottom left of the thread.
Good luck!
briansparks (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:17:47 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 12:18:55 AM by briansparks

You can introduce master nodes and staking (pOS algorithm). This would encourage token holders to Hodl
The actual driving force is the quality of the project. Investors would not be too worried about a drop after listing. Especially in the current market situation. And they would be encouraged to hold a currency with potential, regardless the algorithm used.
So work on the product development, as that is the primary objective.

Also, since you mentioned you're working on a trading platform, you can consider a deflationary model, i.e biting token used to fuel the platform, so if a user uses the token for transaction fees maybe, it doesn't go back I to circulation. This reduces the supply and could have a positive effect on the value.
Thanks. That is a good idea about master nodes and staking. I need to do some research on this, because many consider staking coins as not good reputation.
Deflationary model like BNB ? They buy back their defined number of tokens quarterly, thus decreasing total circulation.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:03:25 AM

Deflationary model like BNB ? They buy back their defined number of tokens quarterly, thus decreasing total circulation.

Binance model of setting apart 20% of revenue quarterly for buy back is a very shrewd strategy and has worked out, as evident in the price. It is only for a period until 50% of circulating supply is burned. By this time your project should have gotten a degree of stability.
briansparks (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:09:09 AM

Binance model of setting apart 20% of revenue quarterly for buy back is a very shrewd strategy and has worked out, as evident in the price. It is only for a period until 50% of circulating supply is burned. By this time your project should have gotten a degree of stability.
Yes, that is a good model.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: