Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 06:35:41 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 4800GH total preorder 16,900$  (Read 856 times)
MistuhSoftee (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:43:34 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 06:51:10 PM by MistuhSoftee

Hello all,

I currently have 3x day 1 (8/17) monarch preorders from BFL.  If you havent been keeping up here is the situation I am eligible for:

Six Month Refund or Double Shipment Guarantee
If you’ve been waiting in queue for six months or more, you qualify for either a full refund in USD, OR double the hardware you ordered. This latter option will come in the form of (a) first shipping you the new Imperial Monarch, giving you an expected 160-175% of your ordered hashrate, and then (b) an additional Standard 600 GH Monarch at the end of the queue, giving you another 100% hashrate boost, totaling an expected 250+% of your ordered hashrate once all products have shipped. (Note: Electing the refund cancels the Imperial Monarch upgrade offer in the first section above.)

You will get 3x 1TH imperial monarchs first, then 3x 600GH monarchs later.  If you are willing to take this gamble then this is the offer for you, because I need the money now.  AT WORST CASE you can still elect for the refund so if you were to ever get cold feet your losses are capped.

The post is here at BFL classifieds, https://forums.butterflylabs.com/classifieds-1039/   There is a 1000$ discount for people from this forum on that price.  We would use BFL as the escrow and to confirm/transfer my order to you. (dave@butterflylabs.com)

Thank you
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:53:24 AM

Where is the specs for Imperial Monarch?   Why are they coming out with new stuff when old stuff is not delivered yet??
MistuhSoftee (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:07:08 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information-2.html

Josh says:
Free performance upgrades
All customers who ordered 600GH Monarchs prior to the price decrease on November 28, 2013 will be upgraded to the Imperial Monarch product, which is a new, high performance version of the card. The Imperial Monarch will operate at 1 TH/s (+ / - 20%).

This is how I see this compared to the other offers:

scenario 1: bitcoin drops to 100$ - you take the refund anytime until ship date, you lose ~2000$.  This in turn becomes the best offer available on the forum because you are able to convert this order back into money via refund.  Every other order anywhere on mining equipment you would have lost much more on your investment.

scenario 2: bitcoin stays the same or goes up in price, and difficulty increases slowly - other miners would be more profitable, this would not be a good offer then but you would still not come out too far behind.

scenario 3: bitcoin stays the same or goes up in price, and difficulty increases very quickly - Its probably a wash then and depends on the exact scenario, because then people would only be mining with the most efficient products.  At ~.45W/GH at the chip level this would be one of the last things to be turned off.  Much of the gear available now would be turned off much sooner than the monarchs.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: