Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...And Wikipedia declares it is real  (Read 4612 times)
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:11:08 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto

Dorian S. Nakamoto

Though Nakamato's identity was a source of speculation since the launch of Bitcoin in 2008, an article in the news magazine Newsweek by Leah McGrath Goodman, published March 6, 2014, made the case that his true identity was Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto (born 1949), a Japanese American man living in California.

It is true that Newsweek made that case.  It is not necessarily given that the case is correct.  Wikipedia is just factually reporting, here.

The problem is the words "though" and "was".  This would be factual:

Satoshi Nakamoto's identity has been an ongoing source of speculation since the launch of Bitcoin in 2008.  An article in the news magazine Newsweek by Leah McGrath Goodman, published March 6, 2014, made the case that his true identity was Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto (born 1949), a Japanese American man living in California.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:30:56 PM

Wikipedia is on fire Cheesy.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:54:59 PM

Oh Man !!! Now they'll lock the topic Huh

surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:56:08 PM

What do you mean?
theMiracle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:00:33 PM

It is true that Newsweek made that case.  It is not necessarily given that the case is correct.  Wikipedia is just factually reporting, here.

+1.  OP fails reading.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:04:26 PM

Its him you conspiracy theory nut cases... wtf? anyone know his user name on the forum?   
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:04:40 PM

Too much of activity on a certain topic leads to lock topic. I experienced it after Laden's death.

ledmaniak

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:09:04 PM

Dorian S. Nakamoto

Though Nakamato's identity was a source of speculation since the launch of Bitcoin in 2008, an article in the news magazine Newsweek by Leah McGrath Goodman, published March 6, 2014, made the case that his true identity was Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto (born 1949), a Japanese American man living in California.

If it's on the internet, it's true. Period.

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:30:42 PM

Too much of activity on a certain topic leads to lock topic. I experienced it after Laden's death.
Oh you mean protect article  Wink. They won't full protect it (meaning only admins can edit) unless there is an edit war/vandalism between accounts that can edit through semi-protected pages... usually. And they won't semi-protect it unless there is lots of vandalism or edit wars.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:54:17 PM

Oh you mean protect article  Wink. They won't full protect it (meaning only admins can edit) unless there is an edit war/vandalism between accounts that can edit through semi-protected pages... usually. And they won't semi-protect it unless there is lots of vandalism or edit wars.

They will, however, aggressively enforce the Biographies of Living Persons [WP:BLP] policy on it.  This is especially the case considering it involves disclosure of (potential) facts that would tend to bring down heat on someone who may not even be the person in question.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:35:22 PM

Well if everyone keep saying it then it must be real.
Thats what Goebbels used to say.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4502

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:05:44 PM

wikipedia is not factual. its community filled.

any loser in their basement can write anything. give it a few hours once everyone has calmed down and realised the reporter is spreading fud. the wiki article will be edited.

forbes has already removed their article as they realised its fud

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:07:22 PM

Wikipedia also claims Obama born in Hawaii, when we all know its really Kenya.

That being said, i think it really is Satoshi unless/until he publicly denies it.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:07:51 PM

That being said, i think it really is Satoshi unless/until he publicly denies it.
Really? So if someone publicly announces you are insane, when in fact you're not, it's up to you to make public statement to deny it? What if he doen't care what idiots from newsweek say?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:12:16 PM

I claim that this is not true, therefore I'm Satoshi.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:13:22 PM

Well if everyone keep saying it then it must be real.
It is not real.

It is never not real unless it isn't then it is kinda sorta.

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:25:41 PM

Really? So if someone publicly announces you are insane, when in fact you're not, it's up to you to make public statement to deny it? What if he doen't care what idiots from newsweek say?

If he doesn't care, he doesn't care.  But he might want to care because a lot of people will think he is Satoshi because the main stream media still influences public opinion (same reason people still believe Obama was born in Hawaii Smiley ) ...and if a lot of people think he's Satoshi, they'll try to get his coins, and it puts him and his family in danger.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:54:43 AM

I guess this post needs to be included in Wikipedia as counter argument...

http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A52186

vnvizow

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:22:37 AM

Well it's on the inter-webs then it must be true right? NO GOD DAMNIT. And why are you people so obsess about Satoshi's real identity? Leave the guy/girl/group alone, they have done enough for the community. Will revealing the creator of Bitcoin do any good? I'm sure a couple of retards will blame things like the Gox incident or any other disasters in the system on him/her/them if we know who he/she is / they are so we're better off leaving this a mystery.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:27:05 AM

Dorian S. Nakamoto

And so it beginns.

Soon Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto will be Bitcoins Satoshi just because so many citications proof it.  Tongue

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: