Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect yourself and others from scammers?  (Read 886 times)
Perie200 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:35:57 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:45:38 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

Honestly, there are no fool-proof ways to really determine and get away from the scammers' trap all because these people are always thinking ahead and they are adopting fast to many new developments. Aside from the fact that if we can find fake profile in the published team members which can be the big red flag, it is now getting so hard to determine which of the project we are promoting and supporting will; eventually turn out to be just another scam. And aside from scams, there are also many projects under well-intention people that will eventually fail due to lack of interest from the market or the team behind are not fully equipped to handle the project but there are also cases when out of luck is just coming in. I am not wondering why if there is now a growing lack of interest from the people who used to "invest" money in many ICO projects before. Unlike stocks, there is no dividends or share of the profits we can expect from ICO companies because otherwise they can be endanger of selling securities.
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:58:12 AM

Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers?

Some projects are easily to detect it is a scam because they make many mistakes in their information of project. But some projects are almost perfect and transparent information, even they lists their coin/token on exchange, but still become a scam project.

So, just invest in which tokens/coins are well-known and on top of coinmarketcap. If you are only a bounty hunter, you can research more before joining their campaign. More research will make you waste less time on scam projects.
Bro.Jack.Brown

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:49:08 AM

Recently, a lot of very campaigns was a Scam and it's no secret that there are still such things that scammers do not sleep! When I choose a campaign for myself, I very well study their website, campaign participants, looking for information about this campaign on the network,but often it is so hidden that you learn that this Scam in the campaign. Now begin to create projects that will be engaged in the search for the bench and talk about it to traders!
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 07:57:30 AM

I agree with you that scam projects have become very much and very difficult to distinguish from a good project. I personally choose very carefully, and every project carefully check and look at every small detail, because a good project will never make mistakes and will do everything perfectly. And scam projects are sometimes easy to detect (they copy something, there is no roadmap, and so on).
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:18:00 AM

I would suggest to protect yourself from scammers is avoiding giving to everyone your private key and some back so that if you lost you can have another one. avoid phishing sites to avoid getting your personal belongings

TTshingeki

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:18:49 AM

when I take part in a project, I focus on their teams and advisor. I will search profile of them on linkedin. This is very important. Project is made by them and we have to know Who are they  ? and are they reliable ?. But carefully , some scam could fake profile and we must clearheaded.
S[m]OKE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:23:00 AM

I too many times got into projects of swindlers, and now I try to participate only in those who collect at least something. And to find out on 100% of the swindler I think it is impossible especially at the very beginning

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:37:35 AM

I am sure there have been a plethora of identical or at least similar questions than this one before, so sometimes its useful to reach for a search button. But yes, you cant never be completely certain about the project and its legitimacy, just try to do as much research as you are able to do and combine the findings with findings of other potential investors. If there are major red flags, avoid the project at all costs.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:46:36 AM

Hello everybody .
If you want to invest in cryptocurrency, risk and profit coexist. Don't complain. More careful investigation of the project can reduce the risk of being cheated.
Hudora

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:19:06 AM

There is no universal solution, but you should pay attention to the summits and conferences that team is going to visit. There is a full list of fake blockchain events somewhere in the web, and if your potential investment team visit it, you may be sure that they are fake.
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:33:22 AM

Hello everybody .
The best method to protect yourself against from scammers is to increase your knowledge about this technology and never invest or suggest if your not sure about the project and the team. You can research on the web and follow their project promotions and exposure as those legit projects will join and participate in a ICOs events. Don't in hurry to invest, they can wait if they are legit and don't take seriously on big bonus in the early stage.
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:33:53 AM

what i do before i invest in any project

1. Check team and find about them and check their partners.
2. Read whitepaper
3. Check their stats on websites like ICOdrops and ICobench
4. Then check their telegram group and talk to them.

Then i invest
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

The key to identifying most scams is in the information about the people behind the project. Most scammers fear being caught so they invent fake personas for all the people alleged to be part of the project. I have seen them get pretty sophisticated in their attempts to create fake profiles. I check LinkedIn profiles and look for signs that the profile has been manufactured.

Tonstar

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:55:49 AM

Hello everybody .
this is a very hard question to answer in my opinion we can pay attention and prote t our computers and gadgets
Tonstar

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:56:48 AM

The key to identifying most scams is in the information about the people behind the project. Most scammers fear being caught so they invent fake personas for all the people alleged to be part of the project. I have seen them get pretty sophisticated in their attempts to create fake profiles. I check LinkedIn profiles and look for signs that the profile has been manufactured.
yex there is truth in it and i think tjat we need to look for such people in a more active way as their number is growing
Fedollam

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:58:29 AM

To protect yourself from scammers, you need at least a little to understand the topic of cryptocurrency and see the pitfalls. No one will give a 100% guarantee.
ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:59:40 AM

Hello everybody .

I think that it would be extremely easy for the whole community to define scammer if every team member of every project would have to pass KYC procedure. Today there are cases, when idenity of CEO is used without his permission and KYC will help to find it.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:59:48 AM

when I take part in a project, I focus on their teams and advisor. I will search profile of them on linkedin. This is very important. Project is made by them and we have to know Who are they  ? and are they reliable ?. But carefully , some scam could fake profile and we must clearheaded.

iBlockchain is working with DeutscheBank, BlackRock Financial, and Digital Currency Group to create a fully transparent crypto fund that will post weekly ROI. With accredited investors from 7 countries, we are looking to buy out low-cap altcoins on 1-2 small exchanges so we can trigger a massive price rise. - t.me/iblockchainglobal

The Telegram channel you link to stinks of complete scam.

CreamIce

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:06:32 AM

The first and foremost that comes to my mind is what they promise. There is nothing like being rich overnight. So you need to look for unrealistic claims and what the project white paper presents. Most of the times we fall for these fake promises. Anything that looks too good to be true, is suspicious in crypto.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: