Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect yourself and others from scammers?  (Read 896 times)
smoker36

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:37:05 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

You have to check every team member to become sure about reliability of the project. Fake linkedin pages are easy to check. In the same time, you need to ask team member about his participation. Once upon a tme, I wrote CEO of the ICO and he did not know a thing about his participation.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 11:44:09 AM

Scammers are very distinguishable and lets not forget that crypto currencies are almost 90% fraud than the legit one so you can spot the difference very easily. you dont really have to look for the scams but mostly the legit one so that you can get idea of it. Well, nonetheless I would really see a scammers as they are posing very very frank and legit about their projects and might be overacting about the whole scene. A legit project never approaches you first, what approaches you is the scammers. Because they are always desperate for the easy money and thus they will make mistakes of approaching first, asking nicely for the keys, files and personal info etc.
Tramle091296

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 11:53:04 AM

Well in now days the security is getting more tight for the scsmmers but scammers are improving and for me its so hard to determine because they are a like on those promoters and supporters that our legit. And my only solution is stay always to the people who our famous innthe market,community that prove themselves that they our legit. Dont aim that you can gain more profit.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
viva95

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:54:53 AM

What about me I thorougly explore social medias and search for fotos of a team of the project, especially fotos from different events. So I find out that the people ae real and they promote their project and work on a it. Besides I examine the document of the project to be sure that it's not a scam
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:06:59 PM

it is not so hard to stay safe. you should ignore what people say, and make your own search. you should be careful about especially teams. you should search about each team member and their past. if you can get enough clear information about them, you can decide to invest or not to invest.
ruli stylon

Activity: 721

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:15:52 PM

Before I joined a campaign, the first thing I did was find out about projects in searches like ICOholder and Icobench. Read more about white paper information, site statistics, teams in the project.
see how many participants joined the campaign.
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:17:44 PM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

I would not say is more difficult. There are quite a few tools that will allow you to validate the team and from that it is up to your own knowledge to understand if that is a team than can make the project a reality.
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:27:57 PM

Use common sense and do your research if you are investing.  Not much different than you need to do in any other investment you make in life.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:32:14 PM

As a bounty hunter, you can choose a fairly simple way. It is necessary to study those managers who will never consciously support fraudulent projects. For example, Amazix (bounties.biz) and btcltcdigger (t.me/CSBounty) explicitly state that they do not cooperate with scammers.
There are also resources that have chosen only high-quality projects for investing. Unfortunately, since spring I have not followed this, and I will not give an example.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:32:57 PM

if you are not smart to research it, maybe you can only participate in gifts that are managed by managers who have a good and trusted reputation. so you don't waste time researching, but all that remains at risk, whether a scam or failing to reach the target.
bittraffic

Activity: 2996
Merit: 614

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 12:33:03 PM

Check out the scam accusation section of this forum, there are threads there which ICO teams are caught with fake team members. The profiles they created are all fake and those who accused them knew how to identify the fake ones.

Take a look at these threads:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5041112.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4996259.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5041209.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5040598.0

There are more of these threads, you'll see how the OP saw them by just uploading the photos of a team member on google. Once you knew how to identify, you can then protect yourself and others.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

uchiikina14

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:33:15 PM

Hello everybody .

There is no way to determine a scammers but there are ways on how you can avoid I will list some that can help you to avoid it.

1. Check the cpin allocation for the campaign and it started already check how much did they reached already it is very important that you know and check so that you will determine if they will reached the amount goal if they will not reached they only pay with small amount, but if they reached they will pay you big amount.
2. Read their whitepaper. You need to read their white paper to know what is their goal in doin the project.
3. Check their website. To know all the information about tbe project.
4. Check their rating so you will also see the review about them also what they can do.
5. Check the members. Check their member so you know if the bounty manager has done a project already and to know if they have a good members.
6. Lastly check their timeline to know if they are doing their project accordingly to their written timeline.

This is how I check some ICOs.

And if you want to invest in some altcoin check first the review on the altcoin so that you will know if the price is good when it pumps.
mobireal

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:57:28 PM

Most expecially in cryptocurrency you alway's need to be vigilant of scammers that goes around asking for eth for ico before you invest in any projects you need to make a lot of research first.
Ivanmikronov

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:10:14 PM

It is very difficult to see cheaters especially now, when so much of ICO, I myself have many times got them and I paid nothing, and the ICO lost their money. It is necessary as often as possible to detect fraud and tell everyone about them, then it will be harder to create new fraud project.
maxim000

Activity: 304

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

What I do is that I look for team at first. I try to look into their profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to know about the authenticity of the team. There is a probable chance that you might find something fishy. Always look for all the team members.

Second look for the partners and the media mentions. I usually go with one which has a few media mentions plus some recognized partners.

Then take help from rating websites. Look for 3-4 ratings and then plan accordingly.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:20:19 PM

Hello everybody .

I guess on of the best thing to do to minimize getting scammed is not to rush in investing. Do not buy into hype and always make sure you understand the basics of a certain project before making a decision.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:28:50 PM

Hello everybody .

I guess on of the best thing to do to minimize getting scammed is not to rush in investing. Do not buy into hype and always make sure you understand the basics of a certain project before making a decision.
Spending time to research further about the project also can minimize us on possible scam project. That's the reason now that many investors afraid to invest due to many cases of scam from different emerging ICO's every day. So, to make a long story short it depends on your hand and decision to have a good investment in ICO not to fall in the scam project.

BitcArchi8

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:04:00 PM

You can probably protect yourself from scammers just by being very careful and attentive. You need to carefully monitor your actions in order not to fall into the trap. And let others worry for themselves, you can not control someone
uniquark

Activity: 533
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:51:10 PM

I only use my computer at home and never take it anywhere. Also I do not use an email for all exchange accounts. And email always protects 2 layers similar to the exchange account
Onestepinhell

Activity: 462

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 07:53:16 PM

Hello everybody .
i think it comes with the experience and you need to know the facts that can protect ypu from scammers but it comes with time

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: