Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:39:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect yourself and others from scammers?  (Read 891 times)
handini

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:24:42 AM

I think you need to be extremely careful and cautious. It is necessary to watch constantly. Track all your actions. And the most important thing is not to hurry. so as not to make mistakes. For which then you will need to pay.
I think you have to be more careful. Don't give your account to someone you don't trust. make a little complicated password. always open your account and check if there is something different.
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:35:58 AM

Now scammers have become more inventive.I believe that the ICO market has not outlived its usefulness. If the team is aimed at a good result,it should follow a few simple principles:
1) Real profiles of team members on the site,with links to profiles in social networks. Moreover, these people should be active and regularly update the information in the profile (photos,videos);
2) Regular maintenance and updating of information about the company on social networks(Reddit,Facebook,Twitter);
reshefcedex

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:35:02 AM

check, recheck and then - check again.

Your are putting your hard earned money in the hands of someone you've never met, so the cardinal rule is to check every bit of information and make sure it is accurate - check the website data, cross reference team member information with social media sites, investigate every key team member to the best of your abilities.

Once you've verified the validity of the project and its members move to step 2 - investigate the market that project is in...is it ripe for success or filled with competitors?

And my own personal bit of crazy - if the project demands a minimum contribution amount that seems rather high - stay out, as they would normally only take that step if they want to insure "seriousness" of investors, while the project may be valid, i am adverse to comply with high demands - a reliable project ought to let me decide how much I want to invest in it, they should welcome all members of all sizes not seek to create an exclusive club.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:40:14 AM

I look at the team and especially at founders. Everyone today has a social network profile, and if we see in whitepapper that founder was working with some project for a long time but we could not find enough information about that project in social media, that means that either this founder has a small experience in advertising his project or this project even did not exist. So I try to avoid projects like this.
avarnet

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

Enterapp

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:42:21 AM

Now scammers have become more inventive.I believe that the ICO market has not outlived its usefulness. If the team is aimed at a good result,it should follow a few simple principles:
1) Real profiles of team members on the site,with links to profiles in social networks. Moreover, these people should be active and regularly update the information in the profile (photos,videos);
2) Regular maintenance and updating of information about the company on social networks(Reddit,Facebook,Twitter);
absolutely right and all we have to do is do not rush to invest or choose ICO because there are now a lot of fraud. so we have to be more careful about the vision and mission of the ICO that we will choose

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:45:44 AM

In this forum there have been many who made a thread about how to distinguish legit bounties and scam bounties, you can read them interrupted during your time. And also in this forum there were a thread that makde bounty managers who have good credibility and they will know the future of the project scam or legit. Had better, you can read it yourself.
TomInVa57

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:00:39 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

Reliable projects always stay in active contact with the community. Even if they do not have many news to place within their social networks pages, they always answer question in online chats. In the same time, if the team had not made a post for several weeks, project may be abandoned.
bawa_23

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:24:49 AM

Nowadays it is difficult to protect you from a scam, as whitepaper & roadmap are well prepared that everyone can get trapped. To protect yourself Check statistics given by sites like ICO Bench, ICO marks, Track ICO. We had to check their telegram group if they are responding to the questions raised. Scammers always reach you first & ask you for private keys by trapping you saying want to transfer good amount of coins to you & steal your wallet.
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:28:00 AM

Nowadays it is difficult to protect you from a scam, as whitepaper & roadmap are well prepared that everyone can get trapped. To protect yourself Check statistics given by sites like ICO Bench, ICO marks, Track ICO. We had to check their telegram group if they are responding to the questions raised. Scammers always reach you first & ask you for private keys by trapping you saying want to transfer good amount of coins to you & steal your wallet.

Even with heavy research you can end up getting burned by a scammer.   I've seen a lot of ICO scams endorsed by notable crypto figures and celebrities that turn out to be completely fraudulent.   

A lot of notable exchanges that had good reputations ended up getting hacked which is almost always a code word for an inside job.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1162

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:09:29 AM

You can do all you want but there are times when everyone falls for a scam.

I can tell you many times people in bitcoin community lost money to some sort of scam, thankfully there haven't been many since last year but history of bitcoin has been written with scammers.

People has lost money on mt.gox deal, incredible amounts as well, they lost money on hashflare stuff and they are now dealing with courts and laws and so forth, people lost money on the biggest currency exchange of the time cryptsy as well when it closed.

Hell even places like coinbase that currently runs has canceled peoples accounts for "security reasons" and not gave them back.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
tosmartak

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 01:53:26 PM

As scammers keep being smarter by the day and coming up with different devices to scam, this is also how everyone should also be trying as much as possible to be smart enough to stay secured and be very cautious of every move the make on the internet.

It is a digital age, and you have to always pay attention to details, scrutinize the website you want to visit, and when you see something that is not right, do not hesitate to quickly protect yourself first. I would say anyone who really does not want to get scammed will always have that protection instinct.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:20:20 PM

If looking for secure then search by a good manager is pretty safe. But if you want to better the project then the analysis is the thing to do because it will be able to find out in detail from the bounty project running. though not easy and also could not be a reference at the very least this will help from on should always get caught up in a scam.
zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

All that today is from services on the Internet for the recognition of scam projects, all this is no more than the same scam, because it seems to me that we need very strict control of developers who claim that these projects need money.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

I always found scammer on telegram, usually they create account cloning admin in ICO groups, they ask to send token/eth to his wallet

Ariess

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:26:56 PM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

experience, experience make you know and get knowledge about projects that lead to scams, so you have to find a lot of experience, especially exploring every knowledge from various references. This can be a broad insight into every speculation you want to do, including looking for a good ico campaign.
Tarion

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:28:59 PM

Check the spreadsheet by doing a bounty regulary. Just give your username in every campaign, at least once a week. There was a time, when I wrote an article and 5 different accounts used it. Just be careful with such people.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:03:46 PM

Mate to avoid failing victim of scammers always do your own research head of a project is very important to determine what the final product will portrait, i don't trust a random guy who is unknown in the industry taking part in their bounty and ico.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
selenophile

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:14:41 PM

Be vigilant. Read and analyze the purpose of the project because I think that's one of the best way to identify if its is scam or not. The way how they present and introduce their project should be properly observed. Make sure that it is realisitic.

RobotNIK

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:16:41 PM

Yes you are right.  I participate in a company bounty, I wouldn’t want to do a job in the empty, so you need to understand the project and the team!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:26:42 PM

Yes, there are so many scam projects now and to protect ourselves, we have to keep the private key well and don't trust anyone on the telegram, just trust the admin and ask for pm if you have a need or ask about more information

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: