Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect yourself and others from scammers?  (Read 886 times)
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:43:29 PM

Completely secure yourself is impossible. The more technology evolves, the more scammers evolve. So be careful and check everything. No one is immune from scam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HauntOne

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:46:43 PM

Perhaps you do not know, but I also ask myself this question ... Perhaps it is worth creating a single format and entering information about the scam into it?

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:51:47 PM

First of all, we need to carefully look at the project website, read the white paper and study the team. Sometimes the project may set itself impossible goals or there may be obvious mistakes in the design of the site or white paper. Or if the project team is hidden. All these phenomena should make you think about the honesty of the project.

raphyt

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:56:47 PM

One of the major ways of escaping fraudsters is educating yourself on the crypto space. When you have solid knowledge of what goes and what doesn't go here, it will be hard to fall prey to scam projects seeking to defraud you. As for participating in scam bounties, that's a little bit harder to detect except they are offering exorbitant sums.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:57:39 AM

I think you need to be extremely careful and cautious. It is necessary to watch constantly. Track all your actions. And the most important thing is not to hurry. so as not to make mistakes. For which then you will need to pay.
Being cautious is actually the better word because most of the time scammers will disguise in so many different ways that you would really ask yourself how someone could sit down to think of something like that when they could have ended up using their brain for something more productive.

Protecting yourself from scam is by trying as much as possible to stay clear those who are scammers and to do that, you have to keep yourself secured, know where you want to be investing, be watchful the websites you are visiting or what you are downloading and every other precautionary security measures.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:06:32 AM

Yes, there are so many scam projects now and to protect ourselves, we have to keep the private key well and don't trust anyone on the telegram, just trust the admin and ask for pm if you have a need or ask about more information

I agree with you there are many scam project in this digital world you can find them everywhere. Before trusting others we need to be very cautious and careful, we need to research on our own by checking the entire status of the project like how it works and it will be useful in future.

Coinguru888

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

i recognize them mostly by deeper research and evaluate them by the founders
catsmile

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:15:44 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

Sometimes investment comes from luck. If you want to be sure, check out the project and call the project team for information. The best project that should have the location of the company active.
csbsstudent

Activity: 161
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:16:00 PM

I always check everything for few times because it is very hard to make me confident in something. It saves me each time so I have never been faced up with a scam.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:21:59 PM

I always check everything for few times because it is very hard to make me confident in something. It saves me each time so I have never been faced up with a scam.
yes you are very wise and right, of course people who are careful and alert will certainly not happen scammers. of course if we join the project it all depends on our luck and our own choices how we choose what is promising and good for us later.
mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:03:25 PM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

It's better not to pump your money in ICOs and trade on exchanges with those projects proved to be real than to struggle against scammers. Working with such projects you'll make a profit and protect yourself against bad projects!
maflec0713

Activity: 104

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:21:10 PM

Hi. I can't determine who are the scammers project but I prefer in finding which I think legit project by determining the moderators of the project. This way I can eliminate projects which I think only a scam. Actually, we cannot determine which one is a scam or not but the best way to do is acquire more projects so that it will not waste your time for waiting and the chance of have a scam is little. Sometimes you will know which are scam in the long run by instincts of determining them.
Mihail.B

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:25:40 PM

Everything comes with experience and need to study projects and read the roadmap and W/p . But this does not guarantee, now scammers are getting smarter. I try not to participate in the ico, (recently) and buy directly on the stock exchange.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:51:41 PM

yes you are very wise and right, of course people who are careful and alert will certainly not happen scammers. of course if we join the project it all depends on our luck and our own choices how we choose what is promising and good for us later.

I agree, indeed to protect our own lives, we really need to be careful, be aware of things around us, because the things around us are not necessarily good. we also need to look at the development cycle so we can know whether it is a scam or not.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:09:58 PM

The sad fact is its now hard to distinguish what are the scam projects.
From the very start they look like an angel project that's very well cooperative and likely won't scam people. But as the project commence and more investors are putting money on it, you'll see their true nature.

Some accusations can be found from those projects here in forum and you just need to navigate to that section from time to time.
Merdeop

Activity: 152

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:18:20 PM

It seems to me that there is no successful formula for exposing fraudsters. I check the road map, partners, major investors, social activity, if necessary, read the white paper. But nobody is insured.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
QueenCryptomarket

Activity: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:10:24 PM
Merited by Skroojee (1)

It is difficult to defend against crypto fraudsters. They often do not want to cheat at the beginning of the project, work honestly. However, during the implementation of the project there are difficulties that lead to the path of fraud. There is always a risk, but there is also an opportunity to earn a lot. Therefore, you have to take risks if you want to make money fast.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:38:42 PM

I think you need to be extremely careful and cautious. It is necessary to watch constantly. Track all your actions. And the most important thing is not to hurry. so as not to make mistakes. For which then you will need to pay.
I think you have to be more careful. Don't give your account to someone you don't trust. make a little complicated password. always open your account and check if there is something different.
Why should you even be giving your account to anyone in the first place? Anyone who needs an account should open one as it is a free world and a digital age. As long as you have an account, just try as much as possible to keep it secured, do not expose your credentials unnecessarily focus on making use of all the additional security features to the account and obviously, trust no one but yourself. This is the only best way you can get yourself secured when it comes to scammers, or getting your assets scooped.
bibka33

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:11:32 PM

All participants of the bounty companies fell for fraudsters, or soon they will fall, I try to first consult with experienced people and only after that I join the company.

▰▰▰▰▰   REDCAB   ▰▰▰▰▰
DECENTRALIZED TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:26:36 PM

Good receipt is to first of all think that everything is a fraud and then to search  signs that it's not so. You must be always ready to scam attempt in crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: