Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect yourself and others from scammers?  (Read 886 times)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:38:18 AM

All participants of the bounty companies fell for fraudsters, or soon they will fall, I try to first consult with experienced people and only after that I join the company.
There is actually nothing hard in being able to do things yourself when it comes to being able to identify scam but the thing with a whole bunch of people is that the laziness to do research is the main reason why they always try to look for a shortcut or just take some unnecessary risks at the end of the day.

So far so good, I would say the best thing to always do is to on your own be able to take into account, the team as well as the product when it comes to investing into anything or even joining bounty campaigns. As a campaign participant, you frustrate the scammers from even getting any recognition from you, let alone getting that from an investor.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:08:30 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers?
i suggest to don't easily fall and put a trust ,which make a hard research about the project ,especially the team behind which is very important, 'cause most new project nowadays has a fake team behind, reason why sometimes there are some projects that always turn into scam suddenly. So be aware and always bear in mind to obtain specific information first before jumping in and don't easily fall in any testimonials. 
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:17:38 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

Few things I consider before investing in a new project:

1. What they are promising is it really achievable or is it too good to be true.
2. Authenticity and Credibility of people behind it. Are there real names with real people with real address.
3. Partnerships, are they genuine, did the partners themselves made a written communication about the partnerships

If I cannot find even 1 of the above answers, I stay away from that project.
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:20:37 AM

I think the golden rule here is to stop looking for impossible offers!  There is no free money anywhere and if somebody is making outrageous claim on making you money,  you should know that what the person is concern about is getting the money in your hand!

00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:24:26 AM

Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.
Spend more time choosing projects. It is not one or a few days. You need to track the transparency of the project and do the research, team test, WP, update evaluation at ANN, OP. These should be practiced regularly.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:27:01 AM

The most important thing for protection from scammers is to always ensure that the projects we follow have well-known teams, we can know from various sources such as linkedin, telegram, whitepaper and so on.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:27:14 AM

All participants of the bounty companies fell for fraudsters, or soon they will fall, I try to first consult with experienced people and only after that I join the company.
There is actually nothing hard in being able to do things yourself when it comes to being able to identify scam but the thing with a whole bunch of people is that the laziness to do research is the main reason why they always try to look for a shortcut or just take some unnecessary risks at the end of the day.

So far so good, I would say the best thing to always do is to on your own be able to take into account, the team as well as the product when it comes to investing into anything or even joining bounty campaigns. As a campaign participant, you frustrate the scammers from even getting any recognition from you, let alone getting that from an investor.
Exactly! Actually one thing about investment is to always trust only in yourself and your judgment and always see everything in the light of it being a scam until proven otherwise. How to now prove that is left for each individual on how they really intend to go about trying to analyze the team, the product, the business solutions, and so on.

A lot of people actually do not always know what to look out for to be able to know whether to be investing in a project or not, and that is the reason why they fall so easily for any scam. Ask questions, dig deeper, be certain and well convinced before even making any attempt to invest and if you find some things questionable, then, do not even take the risk.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:47:18 AM

Hello everybody .

On Telegram channels, stay away from those posing as "admins". Real Telegram community admins will never PM you directly and solicit any crypto or give you a "bonus".
sofmyhad

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:45:13 AM

Your attention must be turned on because only you know all details of the projects you are participating in. Be careful in the choosing and talk with people more.
elis74

Activity: 268

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:09:03 AM

WP shoud contain clear statements about the ways of developing the project. When team promises enormous profits, but cannot explain how they could be obtained, the ICO is fake. But please, differ the complicated explanations and fake explanations, it is important.
vKedax

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:13:01 AM

Even a detailed study of the project does not guarantee protection against fraud, but it does reduce the risk of getting into a fraudulent project. Now a lot of people identify fraudsters and post them for everyone to see, which is certainly good.

Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:14:14 AM

Advisors and team member could help to define fakes. When you are not able to find any reliable data about team member or about advistor, you should be worried. Be extremely attentive - it may be hard for beginner to find out that linkedin profile is fake, but you will learn it!

felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:16:28 AM

it is difficult to distinguish, it happens that the project has already collected everything and has been realized, and for some time created the appearance of activity and burst at one moment, for example Centro.
To reduce the risk, you should carefully study the project team, its goals and objectives (their reality). Well, if there are prototypes of the project or development, something has already been implemented

John2020

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:19:11 AM

I will carefully understudied how to identify scam related to cryptos, I am a leaving victim to scammers, been duped some many times, but now I'm getting to know and identify scam icos and others, by taking time to do research of their team members and what contributions is the project having, and if its investment I look at the percentage of ROI and duration e.t.c
Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:23:51 AM

Recently, a lot of slag projects. Recently, I ran into one, worked for 2 months, and then the project simply thanked the participants for their work and said that it no longer needs our services, since it became self-sufficient. I know one thing for sure; I will no longer register as part of our internal project.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:15:15 PM

Hello everybody .

It is not easy to distinguish which ones are scammers out of all of the coins, you just make sure that you are looking at all of the right information when it comes to the coin that you are looking to invest in. Look into the creators, make sure that they are the ones working on the coin, look into the product, this will give you a good idea of if the coin will last long or not.
Zakhir

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:30:34 PM

Well I know of a particular project that is not a scam. They are legit and they do involve in other businesses apart from buying and selling of ZNC coin, that's was the name of the cryptocurency. You can regiater using this link. Buy at a cheaper rate and watch your coins grow and add more value  https://zcnox.online/?a=56708
bixorastexante

Activity: 149
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:43:45 PM

It's really hard to protect yourself from it and catch a scammer before he scammed you. Even now they reading our posts and depending on them upgrades their methods of scamming.
Litefoxx1698

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:10:43 PM

Maybe learm more about projects and in previous years study what they do and what projects they made before? I have only this thought

★━━━━━━★★  Z-POP DREAM  ★★━━━━━━★
/━/━━━//★ GROW TALENT CREATE STAR ★\\━━━\━\
WHITEPAPERWEBSITETELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:41:14 PM

It is good to have a checklist  when searching for a good investment and not to be scammed.
Like looking at the team experience, technical part of the project, social part etc. I always check the GitHub activities as well.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: