Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:39:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New way of account selling and buying  (Read 259 times)
vphasitha01 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:01:44 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 08:25:17 AM by vphasitha01

Recently I have seen that a Newbie (accountsellerlion) created a thread regarding bitcointalk account sales. I know account selling is prohibited in the forum and they will be red-tagged if they caught. But the real question that we should ask from ourselves is "do you think is it enough?". I don't think so. This is what s/he said in that thread (look at the highlighted part) and that's the main problem I think and should be stopped. OP also suggesting others to create new accounts in case of avoiding getting red-tagged for account buying. Imagine what will happen if others follow the same way what OP did? @theymos I think we should reconsider the rules regarding account selling and buying.

Another thing I just want to get clarified, is it allowed to post telegram groups links in bitcointalk? AFAIK that's where all the black market deals are going on like merit trading, account selling etc...

<...snip...>
All the people will have a doubt of post from newbie account.
But the reason is the redtrust will be given to me for Account selling . I am not a scammer.

All are warm welcome.

Join this telegram group
<...snip...>

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 07:14:33 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 07:30:41 AM by Coolcryptovator

Your subject isn't clear indicate of your main post. Subject should indicate really what you want to say. However there is another thread about it : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4911443.msg44235140#msg44235140

I am also against rules of account buy sale. It should be stop officially.

Another thing I just want to get clarified, is it allowed to post telegram groups links in bitcointalk

This isn't not against of rules.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HiDevin

Activity: 226
Merit: 30

so.. hru?

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:40:11 AM

Your subject isn't clear indicate of your main post. Subject should indicate really what you want to say. However there is another thread about it : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4911443.msg44235140#msg44235140

Another thing I just want to get clarified, is it allowed to post telegram groups links in bitcointalk

You can never stop account selling/ buying.

Account buying and selling can just happen off forums, telegram maybe or even other forum sites like ogusers. 

The only thing you can do is ban the accounts that get bought, and that's hard to find unless it's a shit poster talking on a legendary account that was speaking perfect english.
vphasitha01 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:27:08 AM

I think you misunderstood the point what I'm highlighting. The thread you highlighted is about account selling and buying but I,m highlighting the new way of doing it which will lead to the creation of so many newbie accounts just for buying the accounts.

P.S - Sometimes subject act as a clickbait too. BTW I just changed it Wink

Then its a loophole in the rules and I believed it has to be changed since all the dirty works done in those groups. We can't control what happens in the other social media but why it can't be prohibited the sharing of group chat telegram links like the referral links?
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 08:50:12 AM

I know account selling is prohibited in the forum

It isn't. It is just discouraged:
18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.

is it allowed to post telegram groups links in bitcointalk? AFAIK that's where all the black market deals are going on like merit trading, account selling etc...

Yes, it is allowed to post telegram group links because it is not telegram who encourages such actions, but it is the users who use it for negative things, and those negative things are negative only for us, since they are happening in plain chat windows which is what telegram provides to its users.
You cannot simply ban a platform not to be used just because a few people are using that platform to do evil stuff. It is not the thing that is good or bad, but it is the usage.

You cannot stop such actions from happening outside the forum as long as there are communicating medias available to them, and you cannot ban them all. Likewise, you cannot simply put a ban to having multiple accounts since there are people having multiple accounts for good reasons as well. There should be some other way to tackle this.

gellany32

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:53:44 AM

Buying and selling farm account is not a big deal. You can actually do that here but the way people sell their account and do the transaction matter. Usually this type of transaction will be difficult to take place because all of those members who are selling an BCT account are scammers. As we all know that a scammer should be tagged with red trust so that is why they were not banned instead they were only tagged with red trust.

Aside from that I do not think buying farm account is good since some of those accounts for sale are hacked accounts. Now if you think of buying hacked accounts and used it then probably your newly brought account will be tagged with red trust by the real owner of that account after they will complain in this forum and then you could not used that account for bounty campaign because of the rulings that red trust accounts could not be able to join.

So for the awareness of everybody here, it is better to used your own made account than buying. There is no point on buying and it is only a waste of time and money if you will just buy BCT account.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16618

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 09:55:39 AM

I think you misunderstood the point what I'm highlighting. The thread you highlighted is about account selling and buying but I,m highlighting the new way of doing it which will lead to the creation of so many newbie accounts just for buying the accounts.
This is nothing new. Account buyers and sellers have been using new accounts to avoid red trust for a very long time.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 02:46:29 PM

No action was taken against these people before the merit system "although it is easy to create a lot of high-level accounts" so do not expect anything happens now.

@theymos I think we should reconsider the rules regarding account selling and buying.
He can deactivate signatures to resolve this issue.

AFAIK that's where all the black market deals are going on like merit trading, account selling, etc...
All of these deals are dangerous, especially since accounts that exchange merits or selling account can be tracked easily.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
merited

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:16:10 PM

This is nothing new. Account buyers and sellers have been using new accounts to avoid red trust for a very long time.
Only few foolish people give red trust for account buying and selling. Account buying and selling is allowed on forum rules. Hence, I think who give red trust are breaking forum rules. They are doing misuse of their DT power.

I know account selling is prohibited in the forum and they will be red-tagged if they caught.
Who told this to you. Theymos told you privately? He never told it is not allow and also never told sellers/buyers will deserve Negative trust. I noticed maximum negative trust is giving only two DT member.

Account buying and selling can just happen off forums, telegram maybe or even other forum sites like ogusers. 

The only thing you can do is ban the accounts that get bought, and that's hard to find unless it's a shit poster talking on a legendary account that was speaking perfect english.
Then you should create a new forum and make your own rules. theymos is not a child so he know what is better. theymos allows to buy/sell accounts
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 06:13:18 PM

Op, first of all, accounts sales isn't prohibited here, it's just discouraged by community. And account sellers always used throwaway accounts for these deals. They don't want to get red trust on their main account, and they don't care that their Newbie account will be red taged. So, red trust doesn't helps to prevent account sales.
There was many offers in past to ban Bitcointalk account sales. But I don't think that it would kill this market. Account sellers just would move to different platforms completely, like Telegram or their own websites. And then it would be more difficult to catch sold accounts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: