Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:07:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine a world where Bitcoin will be used as a primary payment option  (Read 496 times)
CryptoAssasin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:07:15 AM

Do you imagine this thing to happen? Everytime i think about this, I can say that being an early adopter of bitcoin is something to be proud of and something that will make you famous in the eyes of many.

If this will happen, it is not impossible for bitcoin to reach above $100,000 and an adoption from the bank might also happen. Credit cards will be offered where bitcoin or cryptocurrency were stored and be used as a payment through online shopping sounds also cool right?  Cheesy Year of 2022 looks very exciting.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 10:54:55 AM

It is possible, there are already many people working on it. What happens is that right now there are hundreds and hundreds of ICO that start, they may fail or they may be scam, but I have seen many with really good ideas and projects, just lack money, enthusiasm and workers, programmers etc ...

What I mean by ICO is that there are so many that no one knows if any of them can succeed more than bitcoin and be used more often, but I do not think so.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:13:26 AM

Do you imagine this thing to happen? Everytime i think about this, I can say that being an early adopter of bitcoin is something to be proud of and something that will make you famous in the eyes of many.

If this will happen, it is not impossible for bitcoin to reach above $100,000 and an adoption from the bank might also happen. Credit cards will be offered where bitcoin or cryptocurrency were stored and be used as a payment through online shopping sounds also cool right?  Cheesy Year of 2022 looks very exciting.

That would be extremely awesome. But I doubt that there will be some other coin that will replace Bitcoin as a payment system that has a stabled price and no manipulation.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:14:30 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 11:28:50 AM by mjglqw

Credit cards will be offered where bitcoin or cryptocurrency were stored and be used as a payment through online shopping sounds also cool right?  Cheesy
?

What's the point of storing bitcoin in credit cards. The point of bitcoin is to truly have control over your wealth. Storing bitcoin in credit cards? Then use credit cards! It completely defeats the purpose.

Also, bitcoin debit cards already existed for a few years.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
popster22

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:18:08 AM

If Bitcoin will be the primary option for payment Bitcoin will be hit Higher price and also I know some of countries are using bitcoin.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 11:28:36 AM

its going to be convenient for us because all do have bitcoin and any altcoin but for those who knowns nothing about BTC not any coins, they'd be struggling even just how to use wallets. but yes prices may probably be a big deal for us. the ones you keep on exchanges that is just worth $1000 is going to be huge that you can buy a 2nd hand mustang.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:46:36 AM

In Singapore a company issued a bitcoin notes, it is similar to bank notes but it is backed up by bitcoins instead of paper money. If this can happen in singapore then it is also possible that it may evolve into debit cards later on. It is good to have bitcoins being used to pay in all your daily transactions but as long as bitcoins value is not stable and is falling down then I guess we should rethink if we are going to do that innovation.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:06:21 PM

In such world, probably every price will be measured in satoshis.The price of one satoshi will most likely be above one 1 cent,and it would be more convenient to measure prices in satoshi,rather than 0,0001btc.
Anyway,we are just too far away from such world.We can only continue daydreaming about it. Grin

quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:31:01 PM

It is great if all countries accept it as payment method. It will definitely push the value of bitcoin up a lot. But I think bitcoin is not the primary payment method and it does not affect traditional payment methods. Because bitcoin can not meet all the payment needs in the world. There are still many places with no internet connection and bitcoin can not be used for payment.

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:33:19 PM

If this will happen, it is not impossible for bitcoin to reach above $100,000 and an adoption from the bank might also happen.
The btc price could reach that mark without having to be the main payment option for goods and whatnot. Once the adoption phase is fully running the price could skyrocket to much higher levels than the last ATH, and that could happen without bitcoin being used as a payment option by merchants worldwide.

I can say that being an early adopter of bitcoin is something to be proud of and something that will make you famous in the eyes of many.
Are you looking to be famous just because you were an early bitcoin adopter? Wake up, seriously, why would that make you "famous"? that sounds dumb.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:40:26 PM

I don't know how are you going to be famous to the eyes of many since crypto is psuedo anonymous unless you tell someone your wallet address but its not a good idea.

If bitcoin reach $100K then I doubt that people will used it as a medium of currency. Well for me bitcoin is already a speculative asset and not a currency anymore.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:38:03 PM

Global mass adoption is the goal of bitcoin. It can serve as an efficient alternative for transaction and payments.
It is very possible that with increased circulation and adoption bitcoin would be accepted more commonly.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:55:32 PM

If we are supposed to imagine the crypto currency world everywhere then I dont think it would anything different than the current one except the thing that you will be using the crypto currency instead of the fiat currency if it is not available at that time. But lets say both type of currency does exists by that time which will surely be present then it may happen that we will see more use of fiat only because most of the population on the earth will take lot of time to adopt the bitcoin and understand how it works. Believe me mate, thats the kind of world we will see in the future if crypto ever got accepted. The only that will be happy would be the one who is holding the bitcoin today and having huge pile of it spend over the next future life.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

Yeah, that would be amazing. The only thing that prevents us from getting there is legal matter. A lot of country don't allow cryptocurrency to be used as payment option. This happen, at least, in my country. I can't fully blame the govt though, I understand their concern about money laundering and traceability.

This is quite unfortunate because Indonesia's usage rate of digital payment, including credit card and alike, is still relatively low. A lot of digital payment provider are fighting for their market share by throwing millions of USD for marketing and promotion. I would not complain for this as customer, including me, is gaining huge benefit from their marketing. This benefits include crazy discount on big merchant like 50% off in McDonalds. I've saved a lot of daily budget because of these promos.

Had Bitcoin was allowed here and all around the world, I would voluntarily promote it here. It would be very hard to go against those unicorn company promos, but I can just focus highlighting another feature that local digital payments don't have.

By the way, 2022 is the estimated year of the next halving. Another reason why 2022 would be exciting.
Trustor

Activity: 342
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:17:01 PM

That will truly be a digital money world. It will make lives of people who use Bitcoin really convenient and lead to bitcoin development as well. But unfortunately  not every country is developed enough to use bitcoin as a payment method though with its awareness a lot of people will switch to start using internet but that is a dream world.  
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:42:35 PM

yes, that world is very much possible if we adopt Bitcoin as out primary method of transaction and we need reputed big businesses to start accepting Bitcoin.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 04:29:55 PM

I am sure, not everything that will happen will be better, there must be a dark spot where it brings some losses. for example, if it arrives, there are problems that have never before appeared. Also hoping for a bull run when bitcoin can be accepted as a payment instrument is too high expectations

Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

very soon we will get there but i dont really know how soon it will be. this is one the major popu;ace dream fornbitcoin and persollay i think it will happen someday. its a work in progress which will be achieved daily. everyone just needs to try his/her best to make this achievable.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
pedagang2

Activity: 376
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 05:03:28 PM

hahaaa., it still becomes a shadow of a friend, and becomes a fantasy of friends.
but that's a good thing that makes us motivated to invite friends around to join the crypto world. Grin

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:23:40 PM

I can imagine it and it's not a very distant future. Remember that we went from calculators that filled a whole room to pocket computers in 50 years. We needed even less time to go from old analog wired phones to small cellular phones. It won't take too much time before we go from credit cards to cryptocurrency payments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: