Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:21:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EDIT: Dorian Nakamoto DOES speak English well and he ain't Satoshi, see article:  (Read 5594 times)
SirWilliam (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:25:39 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 10:34:28 PM by SirWilliam

http://www.businessinsider.com/dorian-satoshi-letter-and-train-2014-3

Read that, WTF?? Have any of you read Satoshi's posts? The is NOT THE SAME PERSON.

This could also explain the quote in the article. He probably didn't even understand what they were asking him, screaming at his door while the police were dragging them away. Then the editors "cleaned up" the English in the quote from Dorian.

Newsweek cover "scoop"=tabloid journalism hoax to try to bring their flailing "online only" rag back into print with a bang.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:29:59 PM

yep, but we will have something we can talk about  Wink

the real "satoshi guys" probably laugh about this.

rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:32:06 PM

I also do not believe he is the real Satoshi.
The real one would be smart enough not to reveal his identity and also like said before, his level of English doesn't match up what we have been reading in the past.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:41:10 PM

He probably didn't even understand what they were asking him,

Or thought they were asking about the decade of classified government work he said he did.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
pbj sammich

Activity: 272

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:44:28 PM

He probably didn't even understand what they were asking him,

Or thought they were asking about the decade of classified government work he did.

This is exactly what i thought as well
rat

Activity: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:08:31 PM

it's him.

stop the butthurt.
Vitamin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

I agree it's probably him.  It's kinda sad, this was funner when we all could dream up our own Satoshi Nakamoto.  I'd say boycott Newsweek, but I'm pretty sure nobody read it before this story anyway.

Cry
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

One method to answer the question of Dorian==Satoshi?  is for independent analysis comparing the known writings of Dorian and Satoshi.  

The reporter apparently used forensic analyst for the article as evidence of the link, perhaps more analysis would demonstrate more or less confidence in that link.
HorseCoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:26:31 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 08:09:54 PM by HorseCoin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERGdND_2b4s
JoeyD

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:27:01 PM

Well he is Satoshi Nakamoto and he has to be the inventor of bitcoin, because he builds his own model trains. What more evidence do you need? The reporter even published his personal details, that is the best evidence you could ever get. Even his family say "things" about him.

What is a little issue like not being able to speak or write English correctly, what does that have to do with good journalism? Next thing you say and journalist should actually base their stories on facts.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:27:17 PM

Can anyone please start a new post with some proofs of the anonimity measures Satoshi took? I know he mentioned Tor but... that's not evidence he wanted to be that really anonymous. Maybe it's that train collector that started the project only as concept but it really took off.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Celeris

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:50:22 PM

Haha. This unequivocally proves Dorian Sakamoto is NOT the founder of Bitcoin. Here's why:

1. Dorian's English is terrible, and the founder of Bitcoin's command of English is far superior to Dorian's.

2. According to the Newsweek article, Dorian "was pretty intolerant to incompetence." People that are fluent in English and intolerant to incompetence do not write public comments in broken, barely legible English. Especially if it is a complaint to a municipal government.
snaxion

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:17:55 PM

Obfuscating one's digital tracks by changing one's writing style is done all the time. He even went overboard by starting sentences with lower case. Seems fishy.
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:43:16 PM

This is fairly conclusive evidence imo. I doubt he would have used such bad english on purpose knowing that this letter would be dug up at some point in the future. Plus why would he call the cops and then go outside and essentially admit to the reporter that he created Bitcoin? Makes zero sense...

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:47:12 PM

Obviously fake Satoshi. News Weekk got in trouble.
SirWilliam (OP)

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:48:54 PM

Wait, your saying he was obfuscating his tracks by writing letters to the editor about new railway lines in California and reviews of buttery cookies on Amazon, with his real name, while, and after, he was developing bitcoin? That is a pretty sophisticated strategy. Maybe he even got into the model trains and wore the cute hat so later when his identity was discovered then he could go back and point to those pictures to make himself look like an unsuspecting hobbyist who nobody would believe could be involved in bitcoin. The guy's a master Roll Eyes
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:03:29 PM

Obfuscating one's digital tracks by changing one's writing style is done all the time. He even went overboard by starting sentences with lower case. Seems fishy.

That's only one writing sample from Dorian.  It could be a fraud or an outlier.   A much bigger dataset would be required to increase confidence in the conclusion.  I'd be much more interested in the results from an algorithm designed to compare writing samples, rather than human analysis, which could be put up against control samples and other  suspected Satoshis.

bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:08:35 PM

Wait, your saying he was obfuscating his tracks by writing letters to the editor about new railway lines in California and reviews of buttery cookies on Amazon, with his real name, while, and after, he was developing bitcoin? That is a pretty sophisticated strategy. Maybe he even got into the model trains and wore the cute hat so later when his identity was discovered then he could go back and point to those pictures to make himself look like an unsuspecting hobbyist who nobody would believe could be involved in bitcoin. The guy's a master Roll Eyes

That's possible. It also hard to believe that someone with a higher education degree obtained in the USA and being so many decades in the country writes so badly. But we have to consider that the japanese really has an issue with foreign languages.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:09:14 PM

Even his family say "things" about him.

I caught a relative telling friends that I created Bitcoin once. I had to explain a few things could never be said about myself and Bitcoin, and that was one of them.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

Do you really believe "Satoshi Nakamoto" is his real name when Bitcoin is pseudonymous.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: