Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:52:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy bitcoin  (Read 403 times)
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 12:17:57 AM

use exchanges, pass KYC procedure and go through visa/mastercard/paypall/skrill to BTC, then withdraw BTC to your wallet (or keep it there), that is all.
also you can go to exchangers but this is more risky

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ardavan2150

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:59:30 AM

Hi

I am looking to buy one bitcoin and struggling to find a reputable place to buy online, 2 of the bigger companies, Coinbase and blockckain Luxembourg have terrible reviews. I am looking to keep the bitcoin for several years. Are there any reputable companies in the UK who can sell the bitcoin to me and I won’t have an issue selling and withdrawing funds in the future should the bitcoin value increase. I’ve heard there are bitcoin ATMs also?

Thanks

You can still use Coinbase even in the UK. I am sure you can ignore the negative reviews about Coinbase. They have an amazing customer service. And they also have a "vault" that you can store your Bitcoin for long. Also it is suggested to use a cold wallet for that. It is definitely safer that way. But give Coinbase a chance, I'm sure you'll love it
Brbitcoin1982 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:24:09 PM

I decided to buy a bitcoin from Coinbase. The main reason is the 1.49% charge which was a lot lower than eg cex.io. I wanted to keep the process simple and this seemed to be the best way to go. Now I am going to look into getting a wallet like Ledger? The one thing I don’t understand is where the bitcoin is stored on Coinbase?
mahekfatimag

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

The Smart Mining Company: Swiss Alps Energy

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 08:44:48 PM

Hi,
You can buy bitcoin with your local currency with national bank transfer by using localbitcoin site (search on Google), Once you purchased it successfully, you can transfer it to your bitcoin wallet. No matter, how many days you will hold.

Regrading Bitcoin price, no doubt the future of crypto is bright, but due to the fact of so many things like ETFs, institutional investors and big companies like Microsoft waiting for the right time. I am expecting huge bull run in Q4, 2019.

❒ SWISS ALPS ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬ ❒
The Smart Mining Company
 █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █
XxOtakuXx

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:54:33 PM

I decided to buy a bitcoin from Coinbase. The main reason is the 1.49% charge which was a lot lower than eg cex.io. I wanted to keep the process simple and this seemed to be the best way to go. Now I am going to look into getting a wallet like Ledger? The one thing I don’t understand is where the bitcoin is stored on Coinbase?

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1662379-how-is-coinbase-insured-

''Coinbase holds less than 2% of customer funds online. The rest is held in offline storage.''

BITBAY |Smart Contracts|Decentralized Markets|Rolling Peg| https://bitbay.market/
Ironmaiden

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:00:54 AM

You can buy bitcoins on the market or exchangers that sell bitcoin, such as bittrex, hittbtc or binance,
if you want to be safe, that's my advice.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 02:36:05 PM

I would say that localbitcoins is one of the reputed platforms to purchase Bitcoins. The biggest advantage of localbitcoins is the ability to transact in multiple payment options which is comfortable to you and there is an automated escrow system on their platform so you can purchase Bitcoins with the confidence of security throughout the trade time frame.

I am in no way associated with localbitcoins but I have a very good experience with it since last few years but still, I would recommend you to do your own research before taking any decision.
daryljenkins

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:41:30 AM

Since I’m from the States, I usually purchase Bitcoin through Coinbase and Gemini. I generally favor Gemini for immediate purchases once you initiated. Coinbase takes a bit longer (usually about a business week) and could place you at a disadvantage if your attempting to conduct impulse purchases. Once you are more familiar with exchanges, Kraken is another viable option. If you do not reside in America, resort to the bitcoin dot org website and which can generally guide you which reputable exchanges to acquire Bitcoin. I believe Bitstamp is a well established international exchange so you may get lucky. Also, your country may have ATM’s where you can purchase with fiat. The fees are higher but they tend to provide better anonymity.
cyrax00777

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:13:32 AM

Hello! There is a good and trusted exchange site named cryptocoin pro. I do my own investments, being very satisfied. Truly recommend!
Leorie

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 11:42:02 AM

so many exchange around the world for buy bitcoin like bittrex, poloniex, etc
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:05:27 AM

It is likely the “terrible” reviews regarding Coinbase are due to its high transaction fees.  I have had no problems with Coinbase.  It has been very secured and safe for an online wallet.  You can use Coinbase Pro, formerly GDAX, to trade with significantly less fees. 
honghe99

Activity: 406

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:55:26 AM

I think I can help you!
1 Bithumb
2 Binance
3 IDAX
4 Bitfinex
Bitcoin has a very large volume of transactions on these exchanges, and they all have good security and service systems!

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
twkasun7

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:28:21 PM

My first Bitcoin was bought from CEX.IO website. I think it is reputable one.But if you have local crypto friend ,things will be easier & profitable.you can buy from local bitcoin buyer without any tax,buy i do not think anyone willing to sell BTC at this moment.Before anything try to understand about blockchain & cryptocurencies well because BTC is just a small part of it.

●● ● Me\/u ● ●● BET ON ANYTHING, ANYTIME, AGAINST ANYONE ●● ● Me\/u ● ●● (https://www.mevu.bet/)
logitechwow

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:11:28 PM

Hi

I am looking to buy one bitcoin and struggling to find a reputable place to buy online, 2 of the bigger companies, Coinbase and blockckain Luxembourg have terrible reviews. I am looking to keep the bitcoin for several years. Are there any reputable companies in the UK who can sell the bitcoin to me and I won’t have an issue selling and withdrawing funds in the future should the bitcoin value increase. I’ve heard there are bitcoin ATMs also?

Thanks

You go to any online stock exchange (for example, livecoin), and buy 1 bitcoin there, which you put on your wallet (there are a lot of them, for example, metamask)
Everything, you enjoy life
cryptowisser

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:08:09 PM

Hi

Thanks

Your question (where to buy Bitcoin) depends on your own personal circumstances. We have developed a tool called the Exchange Finder to help people asking your question. It has six questions designed to help you to answer your question. When you have answered the questions, the tool matches you with all exchanges that are available to you based on your input!

The questions are the following:

Is it important for you that your exchange accepts deposits of cryptocurrencies? (Yes/No)
If you currently have cryptocurrencies and just want to change your exchange, the new exchange must accept deposits of cryptocurrencies. Some exchanges only do Fiat-to-crypto and those exchanges are then not available to you.

Is it important for you that your exchange accepts credit card deposits? (Yes/No)
I would personally steer clear of buying cryptos with credit cards but if you want to do that, all exchanges do not offer that option.

Are you a US-based investor? (Yes/No)
Many exchanges prohibit US-investors.

What’s the highest fee you can accept to be charged?
Trading fees range from 0 to 2.00% (and everything inbetween). The lower fee you input here of course, the fewer exchanges are available to you.

Which cryptocurrencies do you want to trade?
A very important question of course. If you’re looking to buy BTC and ETH, most exchanges have that option. If you’re looking for a less known coin, the Exchange Finder-tool filters out all exchanges for you to find the ones where that coin is admitted to trading.

So, in conclusion, there is no “one-fits-all”-answer to your question (a little bit like “which renaissance-painting is the most beautiful?”), it is always related to your personal preferences and circumstances. But answer the above questions, use the Exchange Finder, and you will hopefully find what you seek. Highest rated exchanges right now are Changelly, BitMEX, KuCoin, Covesting.io and Crex24.

Good luck!

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Linkkoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 88

Online Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 04:16:20 PM

If you are looking for a British company, I would like to recommend our cryptocurrency exchange Linkkoin. Especially if you want to buy it fast using your credit/debit card. Still, if you want to keep BTC for years I strongly recommend you to transfer it to cold/hardware wallet. No matter with whom you buy it.

Online cryptocurrency exchange - https://linkkoin.com
Buy BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, EOS, LTC, XMR, REP, ETC, ZEC with credit/debit card
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: