Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-10-01] Massive 'Inevitable' Bitcoin Prediction Made By Malta's PM  (Read 170 times)
Jednopivo (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:42:55 AM

Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchain have already been embraced by the government and people of Malta — which has tried to establish itself as the world's "blockchain island."

Now, in an address to the United Nation's General Assembly, Malta Prime Minister Joseph Muscat has said he sees blockchain technology as the tool which will allow bitcoin and crypto to "inevitably" gain widespread, mass adoption and become the future of money.

Muscat has previously said he believes bitcoin and blockchain have the ability to eliminate third party service providers, giving users more freedom over information and money.

“I passionately believe technology revolutionizes and improves systems," said Muscat. "This is why in Malta, we have launched ourselves as the blockchain island.

"By being the first jurisdiction worldwide to regulate this new technology that previously existed in a legal vacuum. Blockchain makes cryptocurrencies inevitable future of money. More transparent, it helps filter good business from bad business.”

Malta's attitude to bitcoin and blockchain has been praised by the global cryptocurrency industry, with the CEO of Binance, Changpeng Zhao, saying the company will be investing in Malta to help grow its local blockchain industry and local cryptocurrency companies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2018/10/01/massive-inevitable-bitcoin-prediction-made-by-maltas-prime-minister/#13ee82fe1b82
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 12:45:16 PM

Here the original video of him. He is very very bullish for the cryptocurrencies futures. If I am not wrong he is one of the most important statesmen who talk about crypto and positive.

"Blockchain makes cryptocurrencies the inevitable future of money"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9k4pvg/listen_to_the_prime_minister_of_malta_aka_the/
Jednopivo (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:18:42 PM

Here the original video of him. He is very very bullish for the cryptocurrencies futures. If I am not wrong he is one of the most important statesmen who talk about crypto and positive.

"Blockchain makes cryptocurrencies the inevitable future of money"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9k4pvg/listen_to_the_prime_minister_of_malta_aka_the/
Great, thanks for sharing. It's good to see that they are embracing crypto to become the  “Blockchain Island" - unlike some other countries...!
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:18:06 PM

Malta is definitely doing a great job attracting crypto focused businesses, but I actually hope that it triggers other governments to follow and be part of this revolution that is still in its early days.

It's never a good thing when the largest crypto businesses settle themselves in one single country. If at some point Malta for whatever reason goes mad on them, then brace yourself for what drama we'll be going through.

The more distributed the crypto industry is, the stronger it is, and the longer it will last. On a less critical note, this is quite a bullish signal that will help to solidify the foundation at which we can build further.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:07:58 AM

That's amazing to hear but I think they are rushing things on their part. This prime minister seems so excited about but all he has was predictions and not with systematic actions. I really hate when people only make exaggerated predictions without making effective plans first.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

That's amazing to hear but I think they are rushing things on their part. This prime minister seems so excited about but all he has was predictions and not with systematic actions. I really hate when people only make exaggerated predictions without making effective plans first.

What do you expect him to do? He's only there to make sure the name and the fame of the crypto world nests itself in Malta, and he did a pretty good job in making that happen.

If crypto will start booming outside everything that represents speculation, then we can expect Malta to be one of the very first to become the next Silicon Valley. In other words, they are trying to obtain that important first mover advantage that no country will ever be able to take away from them in the future. No wonder they are betting big on crypto and blockchain. It's an industry that potentially can turn Malta in a super power.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:27:56 PM

Very interesting in the fact that this is a country which is actively trying to cooperate with crypto businesses and proactively working with them in terms of regulations, instead of just restricting access to these services in the case of countries like India.

I think that in the long term future this is what will benefit countries themselves as their positive regulation will lead to investments within the blockchain field, and ultimately lead to more revenue for the government.

“I passionately believe technology revolutionizes and improves systems,"

That's what it ultimately boils down to. The prime minister seems to see a big future in crypto, so it's no surprise that the nation welcomes these businesses to relocate.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:12:22 AM

Muscat is a visionary Prime Minister, bitcoin and blockchain have so much room to grow. Hence Malta becomes blockchain-island, operate with a system that offers the fully regulated environment for crypto business. It's not just Binance that want to invest by moving its exchange to Malta, but some exchanges such as OKEx and BitBay set up operations on the island as well.

The more distributed the crypto industry is, the stronger it is, and the longer it will last.

Although there are some places and even countries regulate cryptocurrency and create an ideal environment for crypto-transaction, but we need more people in governments to realize the advantages of this technology and encourage moving forward to another bitcoin-friendly country, vires in numeris.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: