Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:46:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CARB] CARBONCOIN new logo, rollover to 0.91, end of mining announced  (Read 13642 times)
Rasetsu

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:50:06 AM

Can I use my old mined coins?
tsinc80697

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:23:11 AM

Yes, it's the exact same coin just a new thread as the coin dev has gone AWOL and people want to try and keep this coin alive Smiley
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:49:37 AM

Good work with the new thread, site and blockchain, I picked up a few carbs for 1 satoshi, bargain!
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:30:43 PM

CARB is down at cryptorush
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:46:08 PM

CARB is down at cryptorush

I saw that, messaging to find out what is going on

elektrofusion

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:47:29 PM

what will happen to my coins on cryptorush?
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:59:58 PM

what will happen to my coins on cryptorush?

You need to ask cryptorush, as have I. As soon as anyone gets any news please report it here

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:31:31 PM

Back up on cryptorush and 1s well bid, with 2s trading  Smiley

elektrofusion

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:10:13 PM

it is up and running  Cheesy
michey1980

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:04:42 PM

yes i am very interesting,but i dont know how i can do next?thank you
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:19:06 AM

Hi there,

What would you like to know? Please feel free to send me a private message

AM

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:06:59 AM

There is still a very large proportion of the network mining on the hashrapid pool. If this remains the case then it will be difficult for the coin to grow in value rapidly. If you are mining there PLEASE DIVERSIFY to other pools. When the network is stable with each pool having significantly less than half the network hashrate I expect to see the value go up 10 times at least - and that is rather more important than an increased liklihood of a block bonus!

If you have any questions about why this is so important please ask. I hope anyone reading this and mining on the largest pool sees sense. There are several other proven and reputable pools listed at the top of this thread. I have tried to contact the hashrapid admin but to no avail. We need to take action on this urgently

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:00:28 PM

Mining at basshash now, AM.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:35:50 PM

Great stuff Steve, really hope the network balances out. Need to work out how best to get this carboncoin thread to the top in google searches, that's the next job. Anyone with SEO skills out there?

biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:20:27 PM

Great stuff Steve, really hope the network balances out. Need to work out how best to get this carboncoin thread to the top in google searches, that's the next job. Anyone with SEO skills out there?

The block halving time of 56 days seems a little aggressive. Users will be getting 211 per block coins by Jan 2017. That means this coin needs to develop into "something" very fast. What's the plans for this coin an why is it important?

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:15:26 AM

The block halving time of 56 days seems a little aggressive. Users will be getting 211 per block coins by Jan 2017. That means this coin needs to develop into "something" very fast. What's the plans for this coin an why is it important?

Well, I'm definitely not the best judge of what makes a coin "important" or not, but I can say one thing for sure... the members of this community came together when the dev went ghost on us and have been working hard to keep this coin from going ghost with him. It would have been easy enough for everyone to dump their coins and call it a day and just chock this up to yet another scamcoin, but we didn't. People much more knowledgeable than I am have been working hard to keep it afloat. And I have been burning my CPU to a crisp with mining them. I like this coin and want to see it succeed.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:16:21 PM

Further to Steve's response:

Having taken part in many of the basic scrypt copies from launch, specifically the ones exploiting the "total number of coins ever" to gain exposure at coinmarketcap, despite not adding any value technologically speaking, it occurred that there was a need for a speculative coin that would not have to come back down because of being absurdly over-supplied.

If/when this coin takes off it will not have to come back down, and this is directly because of the rapid halving.

384 billion coins was rather aggressive; that didn't stop that particular coin peaking at 39 satoshis before coming all the way back. The same mathematics places this A LOT higher than 39 satoshis. Might be worth getting hold of some just in case, no?

At this point you can get 1% of the TOTAL COINS EVER on Cryptorush for 1.6 BTC. I can't help but think that this will not be the case for very long. It is very risky indeed, BUT so was bitcoin, litecoin etc... That's more than the whole premine!

What happens to this coin is what is going to make it important. Once the circulation has dropped the tx fees will be such that the network will be taken care of and by that time anyone who gets in now should be very happy to pay them.

As far as plans go, a medium for value creation, wealth redistribution and value transfer has been made. I for one will be spending my time ensuring the network is as healthy as it is humanly possible for me to make it, given the restrictions I have to operate within.

If it works we have the king of disruptive currency; if it doesn't, I am happy to say I have tried. If you would like to help in any way I would be very grateful for any support you can give. We could really benefit from having a Mac wallet compiled, as well as promoting this thread above that of the original, so people accessing info via google get up to date information about where the community is, and what this is becoming.

Thank you for your interest

AM

buckminer

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:59:57 PM

I just became a Carb-millionaire at cryptorush for about the price of a lunch. Here's too Carbon-trading, maybe we can signup Al Gore? Oh wait, wrong Carbon? Seriously, good luck reviving this one and I just put in a little more than 2cents to help it along the way.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:49:57 AM

I dont think you are going to regret that, you know. Lots going on behind the scenes

biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

Further to Steve's response:

Having taken part in many of the basic scrypt copies from launch, specifically the ones exploiting the "total number of coins ever" to gain exposure at coinmarketcap, despite not adding any value technologically speaking, it occurred that there was a need for a speculative coin that would not have to come back down because of being absurdly over-supplied.

If/when this coin takes off it will not have to come back down, and this is directly because of the rapid halving.

384 billion coins was rather aggressive; that didn't stop that particular coin peaking at 39 satoshis before coming all the way back. The same mathematics places this A LOT higher than 39 satoshis. Might be worth getting hold of some just in case, no?

At this point you can get 1% of the TOTAL COINS EVER on Cryptorush for 1.6 BTC. I can't help but think that this will not be the case for very long. It is very risky indeed, BUT so was bitcoin, litecoin etc... That's more than the whole premine!

What happens to this coin is what is going to make it important. Once the circulation has dropped the tx fees will be such that the network will be taken care of and by that time anyone who gets in now should be very happy to pay them.

As far as plans go, a medium for value creation, wealth redistribution and value transfer has been made. I for one will be spending my time ensuring the network is as healthy as it is humanly possible for me to make it, given the restrictions I have to operate within.

If it works we have the king of disruptive currency; if it doesn't, I am happy to say I have tried. If you would like to help in any way I would be very grateful for any support you can give. We could really benefit from having a Mac wallet compiled, as well as promoting this thread above that of the original, so people accessing info via google get up to date information about where the community is, and what this is becoming.

Thank you for your interest

AM

yeah, I'm with you. I've got 12M of these things.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: