Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it worth mining litecoin with current market conditions?  (Read 200 times)
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:52:05 PM

With higher mining difficulty range and lower market price mining litecoin is not worthy at this time for the profitability rate is not good and it is much better to buy litecoin and hold it for long term investment which could have a sure profit.

It's pretty hard to that in mining you cannot make good profit now as the coin values are low. It could be good for long-term but at this moment if you are running mining kindly turn off to save your money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:46:04 AM

Litecoin is becoming popular than one expected. It has been one of the stable coin on the market. Current market condition has affected all coins including litecoins. With current market condition, do you think it is worth investing in litecoin?
Depends on what type of electricity you have but I still think it is definitely futile to mine litecoin when there are other stuff that can make you much more with the same equipment. For example if you mine litecoin with 1070's than you are making a loss even at 0.05 cents for electricity.

Whereas if you are mining ethereum than you are making a profit, still not a lot since mining became a very dangerous work with low prices however at least profiting is better than losing money even if the prices goes up in the future. You need stuff like antminers to mine litecoin now and they are not making that much anymore, they are sold for couple hundred bucks now.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:35:49 AM

Mining in develop or under develop country seem not viable, electricity is either too expensive or the scarcity of electricity. cheap electricity + stable internet connection is vital for mining facilities. its fun to build a mining rig, but the mining is not as rewarding as it sounds.
5hoursaday

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:39:36 PM

Right now, I don't think it is worth mining any coins at all, not just litecoin. The market condition is pretty bad, and mining at this point isn't really beneficial to any involved. Coupled with the fact that there are some things that you will have to put in place which are not so easy to get, to be able to mine these coins.
arkadij.krylov.2018

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:51:40 PM

Do a little research first and find out how many people already mining Litecoin. If there is some big pools like in other mining spheres then you may try but it will take a lot and a lot of money to take your piece of cake in this one. If not then yes, you should try it if you have funds to do this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: