Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:55:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How twitter affects the price of Bitcoin  (Read 1014 times)
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:53:31 AM

Twitter directly doesn't affect bitcoin but its news affect bitcoin price.
Recently a signed message in BCH block 9 was spreaded all over from Twitter only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iSparta

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:39:23 PM

Twitter, like other influential mass media, has a significant impact on people's minds. Those who can conduct mass information campaigns are able to incline a large number of people to commit actions that can change the course of Bitcoin.
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:46:43 PM

Twitter, like other influential mass media, has a significant impact on people's minds. Those who can conduct mass information campaigns are able to incline a large number of people to commit actions that can change the course of Bitcoin.

Yes i too agree on this social media has became one of the important tool in which they post, views someone's thoughts which can help people to believe on what they see or understand. Twitter doesn't directly affect the btc price but rumours or comments on current market value can lead to difference in BTC price or market value.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
Sobocirevo

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:34:47 AM

in my opinion it's not just twitter that affects the price of bitcoin, other social media also have an influence such as facebook, telegram etc. because the news is very quickly spread because of social media
I regret that Twitter has finally banned the use of bitcoin on its platform, because the impact affects people's perceptions of bitcoin which in turn can reduce trust in bitcoin. The price of bitcoin has also been affected, namely a decline in prices.
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:47:03 AM

I don't think twitter really affect the price of btc in any way cause twitter is one if the social media platform that associate different people with different background to chat and learn through other post and also made some contribution to help other and same way btc discussion also post on twitter for discussion and passing of any other relevant information .

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 03:50:36 AM

we could still get into a stage that whole world knows about bitcoin, but whole world will still not support it.

bitcoin could even become spam in the market and people will hate it.

because it is just ultimately a currency for a market.

TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:24:59 AM

I don't think Twitter can effectively affect the price of Bitcoin. Twitter officials have repeatedly expressed their dislike of Bitcoin. They think that the popularity of Bitcoin, Ethereum and other crypto on Twitter makes Twitter become like a junkyard and not easy to manage.
I think the social media that has the most influence on crypto the telegram is bigger. If the telegram bans the crypto group one day, the impact will definitely be much larger than the Twitter ban.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:49:07 AM

in my opinion it's not just twitter that affects the price of bitcoin, other social media also have an influence such as facebook, telegram etc. because the news is very quickly spread because of social media
I regret that Twitter has finally banned the use of bitcoin on its platform, because the impact affects people's perceptions of bitcoin which in turn can reduce trust in bitcoin. The price of bitcoin has also been affected, namely a decline in prices.

First of all , twitter did not ban bitcoin although it did ban some crypto related accounts that may seem spammy or against their rules  . yet , this issue isnt totally related to the price decline of btc . 

If there is one to blame here  , that would be the whales because they are the ones that holds big amount of coins . they are also the ones that can manipulate the entire crypto market  .

Twitter or any other social media can be a way to spread news ( either good or bad )  but news arent totally the one that can pull the price to go down  .
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:56:45 AM

Social media is an important tool in promoting crypto projects like blogs, websites, ICO, and newly developed coins, Twitter is an important tool since it can reach people by using the platform hashtags or tags, it is also easy to retweet or share contents on Twitter.

For me, Twitter can help Bitcoin to spread awareness about the growing community of Crypto Enthusiasts, from its news and updates whether good or bad the results can help either way.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

Twitter actually has a considerable influence on the price of bitcoin because we know that Twitter is a social network that has been known to many people. Usually crypto experts provide a lot of information through their tweets and that of course will have many responses and sometimes directly affect the market.

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:03:38 AM

Hello guys!

I am a researcher studying how messages in twitter affects the price, for my thesis. I am currently creating a library grading unique expresions and words that are used in cripto and trading environments.

I am looking for people that have trading experience and want to help me grade these words. It is only about 40 words and it wont take much of your time. In exhange for the great help I am offering the study once it is finished.

If someone is interested, contact me at jaime.badiolaramos@gmail.com

It can affect a lots to the price of Bitcoin. Negative and fake news can make the price go down without any reason.

Exactly, News have a big influence on bitcoin prices. Social media like facebook and twitter are main source of information these days. Even if anyone posted a negative fake news, it spread so widely and result in panic selling so we must first confirm the news from such media before we actually believe on it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Ibrahim60

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:10:33 AM

Twitter doesn't affect on the price of Bitcoin directly because it is only part of social media. It can't do anything by own. People are handling it with their sweet well. Actually we can control the price of Bitcoin by buying and selling.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Carlonsins

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:15:21 AM

Yes, twitter affects the price of bitcoin as well as ICO tokens.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:27:37 AM

Hello guys!

I am a researcher studying how messages in twitter affects the price, for my thesis. I am currently creating a library grading unique expresions and words that are used in cripto and trading environments.

I am looking for people that have trading experience and want to help me grade these words. It is only about 40 words and it wont take much of your time. In exhange for the great help I am offering the study once it is finished.

If someone is interested, contact me at jaime.badiolaramos@gmail.com

I'm not into trading but your offer is very interesting I'm sure I'm not the only one requesting that your experiments will be shared to us, I'm also sure that bounty manager will be interested on these findings and they might increase it rewards, once it has a good results.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:23:56 PM

I guess That Twitter has no effect on Bitcoin's price. Because Twitter is just part of digital media. Through which we only get information.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
GoodAltcoin

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:48:18 PM

I think it does, pretty much just like this forum does. If there is an information put out there on the Twitter by someone significant to the story, it will have its impact.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 07:39:23 PM

I believe that as any social communication platform has a significant impact on the market since certain influencers with enough popularity can manipulate the FUD and the FOMO of the market with their crazy predictions, good luck in your study, I would postulate but I do not feel so confident yet hehe.

StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 07:40:19 PM

First of all , twitter did not ban bitcoin although it did ban some crypto related accounts that may seem spammy or against their rules  . yet , this issue isnt totally related to the price decline of btc . 

If there is one to blame here  , that would be the whales because they are the ones that holds big amount of coins . they are also the ones that can manipulate the entire crypto market  .

Twitter or any other social media can be a way to spread news ( either good or bad )  but news arent totally the one that can pull the price to go down  .

Spreading news is the way to share something valuable on social media but shilling low cap coins is not same thing. I cat imagine how much blockchain experts there are in twitter. Whales don't care about tweets of popular faces,instead of following advices they mainly follow smart money flow.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
brrzzz

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 07:47:40 PM

I guess That Twitter has no effect on Bitcoin's price. Because Twitter is just part of digital media. Through which we only get information.
Any media has an impact on the population and the more it has its own circle of readers, the more. Recent bans on Twitter to a certain circle of people involved in promoting crypto to that confirmation when user accounts were blocked.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:24:44 PM

I think it affects mostly by giving early frequent alerts of a particular message not morning wherever it's coming from and if it's real or not and people read the headline and make instant decision on it.  And it keeps spreading.  There was a time a news came out on twitter that balance would be deleting tether from its trading pair and within few minutes,  price of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency suddenly increased for a while before the news was debunked.  This is how effective a twitter news can affect cryotocurrency price. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: