Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:40:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TAUCoin “Proof of Transaction” - features debate and bounty for 12 months  (Read 26433 times)
xonecoinlovers

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:34:53 AM

I got a bit concern about the bounty, it says "bounty for 12 months", does that means the bounty campaign will be held as long as 12 month/1 year?
That is sure long bounty periods, i can't imagine if someone will be able to stand that long bounty.

UBECOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:36:03 AM

I am really a newbie on this thing and so far I need to clarify things. I haven't seen tps average anywhere here. Does it mean that the tau blockchain has not included it amongst to be criticizedor it is not relevant since it is POT? I think there are many coins out there who are also taking time to increase tps to allow faster and more convenient ways of dealing with personal and other matters. Second is that transaction power would be overloaded over time due to a more frequent transactions especially when it's high time to include taucoin in other exchanges thus increasing its fee. There was a time when i had too many small transactions in my account that it is not counted already. I read in the whitepaper about iTAU and i think it's great. Third it could be said that mining club leaders have the advantage for the distribution of coins per transactions. Also, regarding the Telegram bounty for communities, the owner of the group has the capacity to involve or not involve the rest of the community in its designated reward distribution. With regards to application of protocols and programs, I wish the devs have planned in advanced what courses to take especially that they have chosen POT as consensus mechanism over POW,POS and others. not that I think about involving the community is a bad idea but truth is, most of the time, without solid future plans, it slows the progress no matter how great the team is. Maybe we could also update the roadmap, shoud I say? And lastly mass adoption will require a lot of partnerships from big and small companies and entrepreneurs. A p2p-like transaction would be good example or a good start and these prospects in today's genaration are generally pointed towards the young people and young adults with exposure to their common interests like online shopping, gaming, ebooks, shared apps, music and video downloading, and other economic and societal and most especially governmental operations.

TPS is actually seriously considered in TAU. Our current client version supports transaction volume up to about 4000 per block, or 67 per second. As you said, transaction volume will grow after TAU-X and other exchange come into the game. White paper v0.4 has outlined some solutions to this, in Chapter 7 Section "Scalability". The basic idea is that transaction volume/fee increase can be detected and written into block header, so that block size or block time can be adjusted when needed.

And yes, business participation is important. TAU has start-up bounty for this purpose.

When mass adoption happen like what happend on bitcoin. clearly iy will affect on the scalability  aspect. Remember how fast bitcoin transaction before and now it become surpass by most coin. I think so far, XRB is the fastest when it comes to volume speed per block. I will take note of the specifics on your whitepaper regarding this. I heard that you will launch an exchange on the 18th. From there we can really observed how the speed of transaction increases in due time. Since daily transaction will happen and how the system will react to it. But conaidering the blocks tau can support, that is amazing already. Hope it can happen already when exchange launches.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
zityx23

Activity: 124
Merit: 6

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:40:39 AM

How can you be sure that the community will not lose interest after TAU-X comes? With 10B total supply and huge amounts of airdrops, most of the airdroppers will dump for sure. Is there a way to prevent this? Maybe the team can give credit (additional coins) for hodlers just like NPXS token has been doing. So that those who wishes to sell will most likely not benefit except for their btc's.
santouao

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:41:13 AM

I got a bit concern about the bounty, it says "bounty for 12 months", does that means the bounty campaign will be held as long as 12 month/1 year?
That is sure long bounty periods, i can't imagine if someone will be able to stand that long bounty.

I think youre concern is a bit shallow on this matter. Im not that familiar with taucoin yet so far, but starting to get hyped by the rapis growth of their community and lots of rumors being heard here. I started to read their whitepaper and learn some stuff specially on the tau wallet they have been using together with the blockchain and consensus mechanism on the process. I like that new concept are being done by this developer and unique has something worth in cypto. The long bounty isnt wasted for this. Remember, NANO when itwas still on its early stage? I remembered their coin distribution runs almost 2 years and look where it is now. It's about the project concept and idea we are dealing here and improving not just a reward coind for you to sell when it hit exchange.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:47:52 AM

Long bounty periods can promote stability and seriousness of the team. that is my opinion. Given that they have chosen to give away coins instead of using ICO to generate funds, we can their eagerness to grow alongside with the community.
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:57:22 AM
Merited by imorpheus (1)

I am really a newbie on this thing and so far I need to clarify things. I haven't seen tps average anywhere here. Does it mean that the tau blockchain has not included it amongst to be criticizedor it is not relevant since it is POT? I think there are many coins out there who are also taking time to increase tps to allow faster and more convenient ways of dealing with personal and other matters. Second is that transaction power would be overloaded over time due to a more frequent transactions especially when it's high time to include taucoin in other exchanges thus increasing its fee. There was a time when i had too many small transactions in my account that it is not counted already. I read in the whitepaper about iTAU and i think it's great. Third it could be said that mining club leaders have the advantage for the distribution of coins per transactions. Also, regarding the Telegram bounty for communities, the owner of the group has the capacity to involve or not involve the rest of the community in its designated reward distribution. With regards to application of protocols and programs, I wish the devs have planned in advanced what courses to take especially that they have chosen POT as consensus mechanism over POW,POS and others. not that I think about involving the community is a bad idea but truth is, most of the time, without solid future plans, it slows the progress no matter how great the team is. Maybe we could also update the roadmap, shoud I say? And lastly mass adoption will require a lot of partnerships from big and small companies and entrepreneurs. A p2p-like transaction would be good example or a good start and these prospects in today's genaration are generally pointed towards the young people and young adults with exposure to their common interests like online shopping, gaming, ebooks, shared apps, music and video downloading, and other economic and societal and most especially governmental operations.

TPS is actually seriously considered in TAU. Our current client version supports transaction volume up to about 4000 per block, or 67 per second. As you said, transaction volume will grow after TAU-X and other exchange come into the game. White paper v0.4 has outlined some solutions to this, in Chapter 7 Section "Scalability". The basic idea is that transaction volume/fee increase can be detected and written into block header, so that block size or block time can be adjusted when needed.

And yes, business participation is important. TAU has start-up bounty for this purpose.
That is the thing, 67 tps is a bit slow in my opinion. With 10B TSupply and 260MCsupply, only time will tell when the  network is gonna congested. When btc hits 15kusd-19kusd, fees rang from 10-20usd . They should think of this in advance

When mass adoption happen like what happend on bitcoin. clearly iy will affect on the scalability  aspect. Remember how fast bitcoin transaction before and now it become surpass by most coin. I think so far, XRB is the fastest when it comes to volume speed per block. I will take note of the specifics on your whitepaper regarding this. I heard that you will launch an exchange on the 18th. From there we can really observed how the speed of transaction increases in due time. Since daily transaction will happen and how the system will react to it. But conaidering the blocks tau can support, that is amazing already. Hope it can happen already when exchange launches.
genie854

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:40:49 AM

How can you be sure that the community will not lose interest after TAU-X comes? With 10B total supply and huge amounts of airdrops, most of the airdroppers will dump for sure. Is there a way to prevent this? Maybe the team can give credit (additional coins) for hodlers just like NPXS token has been doing. So that those who wishes to sell will most likely not benefit except for their btc's.

imorpheus has written an article regarding this:
https://medium.com/@davidwu_30530/price-guidance-for-tau-valution-of-your-time-and-judgement-to-future-c6032d1b4497
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:46:46 AM

The ideal plan is to make all mining mobile, so that difficulty kind of adjustment is not nice option. Once the offchain arms race starts, cell phone can not compete. Blocktime adjustment seems to be likely to done via hardfork, when many miner feels that 1 min is too long, then hardfork will appear. Adjustable blocksize is currently implemented in plan through multiple blocks such as eos. I think this is a safe bet for now. Looking forward to hear more.

Difficulty adjustment only changes expected block time (base target in NXT), it doesn't lead to arms race. Block time change doesn't have to be hard fork, it can be achieved through difficulty adjustment.

For block size, what is the advantage of multiple blocks over one large block?

I think there are more disadvantages of multiple blocks over one large block as it increases difficulty while decreasing order and efficiency in the database.
santouao

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:42:22 AM
Merited by imorpheus (1)

The Taucoin will release own exchange on 18th right called TauX? I can see that the original plan was the Tau foundation supposedly put 60k tokens pool on the exchange every 360blocks but now will not participate to it. This will be a good confidence on the community response. However, the coins are distributed through giveaway right? So the 200plus million coin holders are those who participated on the bounty and contest. I think to gain liquidity aside from the Tau Capital business section. You should offer a trading contest to engage activity on the taucoin exchange. Draft a certain prizes for highest traders and reward them also on their exchange deposit balance. I think it will be a good move to encourage trading. Also, can you applied on insitutional crypto group such as CMC if you reached necessary volume? I think better way is also list them on other known exchange aside from TAUX to add more possible liquidation.

[/center]
imorpheus (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 01:53:43 AM

12 months debate on features and consensus is critical to get peer-reviewing on plan and constitution. So that 10 million TAU is reserved for this effort, 200K x 54 weeks.
Put entire network onto mobile platform is our vision and that is what need every expert to discuss. Decentralization also need consider how nodes hosted, if everyone hosted in AWS, that is not decentralized. If TAU network running on 1 million mobile nodes, that is true decentralized and permission-less.
However, there are huge technical barrier to achieve it. I could only say Proof of Transaction standing at best chance to accomplish it then POW.

asim.khattak

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:05:07 PM

Serious bid with a long-term perspective.
How will ERC-20 tokens be associated with TAUcoin owners?
How will they be distributed and participate in the community?
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:32:06 PM

One of the highlights I am personally waiting for TAUcoin developers is to engage in a decentralized Internet. Just imagine surfing facebook, instagram,snapchat..etc (just for example), and EARNING coins from posting, making  videos, and other activities etc... while SECURING confidentiality of the users. I know we are a long long way from there but it could also be a good vision for the team because the INTERNET is basically on of the greatest application of knowledge mankind has. And our photos and messages are not safe from today's servers. With internet being decentralized, it will give more ways to highlight the usage of this coin in the future.
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:25:48 PM

It it possible to have a "double spend" before waiting for a checkpoint especially if the attacker has more than 50% of total mining power? Could this happen especially if a user receives/send a large number of coins? Would a checkpoint be too long before another transaction for that?
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:18:35 PM

12 months debate on features and consensus is critical to get peer-reviewing on plan and constitution. So that 10 million TAU is reserved for this effort, 200K x 54 weeks.
Put entire network onto mobile platform is our vision and that is what need every expert to discuss. Decentralization also need consider how nodes hosted, if everyone hosted in AWS, that is not decentralized. If TAU network running on 1 million mobile nodes, that is true decentralized and permission-less.
However, there are huge technical barrier to achieve it. I could only say Proof of Transaction standing at best chance to accomplish it then POW.

Does mobile platform include mobile mining? If so, epoch rotation's cooldown must have a modification too.
TAU network running on millions of mobile nodes needs accuracy and speed. Also current mobile nodes have an external storage. A normal mobile cannot hold that much data when running a full node. A special support is also needed to maintain stability in connections as it moves from one network to another or a subnet to another.
genie854

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:26:01 AM

It it possible to have a "double spend" before waiting for a checkpoint especially if the attacker has more than 50% of total mining power? Could this happen especially if a user receives/send a large number of coins? Would a checkpoint be too long before another transaction for that?

Before checkpoint, it is possible to reverse blocks and "double spend". With over 50% mining power, this has success probability of 1, but it takes longer to reverse older blocks. For a large amount transaction, it is advisable that the receiver wait longer, or better wait after checkpoint. With 360 blocks in an epoch, the longest confirmation time if you wait for checkpoint is about 12 hours.

The current choice of epoch length and checkpoint frequency is a trade-off between confirmation time and permanent fork possibility. We will certainly test and modify if necessary.
genie854

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:34:05 AM

Does mobile platform include mobile mining? If so, epoch rotation's cooldown must have a modification too.
TAU network running on millions of mobile nodes needs accuracy and speed. Also current mobile nodes have an external storage. A normal mobile cannot hold that much data when running a full node. A special support is also needed to maintain stability in connections as it moves from one network to another or a subnet to another.

We are still in early research stage for mobile mining. Storage space is certainly a major concern for mobile devices, along with communication. Full node mining probably won't be supported. Instead, some light mining mode will be developed.
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:17:19 AM

earning coins from posting or sharing or liking on these social medias will be  very easy task to do, if the prices are good for TAU , i think even the TAU group considers that specific idea , they wont be offering much for posting, sharing or liking on social medias ,this is good during the airdrop phase when tokens remain simply tokens not close to the time when its going to be listed in an exchange or ready for swap

What i mean by this is to generate coins/income for users and not solely for developers as today's internet is. Plus the fact that security is centralized in current's internet phase, hacking of information and photos are becoming a great deal of concern. There could be more than ways of earning and is not limited to posting, liking so on and so forth... At the very least, users have their own keys and ownership and privacy while surfing the net.
santouao

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:15:51 AM

earning coins from posting or sharing or liking on these social medias will be  very easy task to do, if the prices are good for TAU , i think even the TAU group considers that specific idea , they wont be offering much for posting, sharing or liking on social medias ,this is good during the airdrop phase when tokens remain simply tokens not close to the time when its going to be listed in an exchange or ready for swap

I think this is necessary but the rewards for it should be lower than before. Doing this can put the project into awareness how the projects work and social media is an easy way to do it.  More or less, it will become a norm for taucoin to be noted in this crypto space. Imagine even non crypto user will able to see a simple ads or share by the project, I think out of 10 people there are chances that 2 out of it will be interested with them. I can see that you want to preserve the value of taucoin but from what I see on the situation, taucoin needs a worldwide awareness and social media medium is the bridge for it.

[/center]
santouao

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:34:14 AM

We are still in early research stage for mobile mining. Storage space is certainly a major concern for mobile devices, along with communication. Full node mining probably won't be supported. Instead, some light mining mode will be developed.

Hello there what was the timeframe for the mobile mining? I think it's better to tie up with some firm that allready engage in this adpect of field? If you heard of Electroneum maybe Taucoin can follow the track they did for their mobile app regarding mobile mining. If full.node mining wont be supported so it cant fully compete on pc mining? It should be same with as POT is eco friendly mechanism right not unlike POW.

[/center]
imorpheus (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 06:43:37 AM

The social promotion cause me lots of thinking as how to raise awareness. Here is my logic for discussion.
We provide this referral bonus link to equite everyone way to make taucoin through their social and media network. The current setup is 168 - 124 - 185 for regular signon - referral bonus - referred signon. I think changing to 168 - 185 - 185 will make referral more attractive. With this folks will be happy to socialize the idea.
ETN is pow mobile mining, i think technically it is hard to combine off-chain resource proof with mobile device. POS/POT has potential to achieve mobile mining since both does not need physical resource. POS world tends to go dPOS with some permission/delegration strategy. POT tends to be more fitting to permissonless, which is more mobile.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: