Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TAUCoin “Proof of Transaction” - features debate and bounty for 12 months  (Read 26431 times)
genie854

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:32:00 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 08:00:03 AM by genie854

Hello there what was the timeframe for the mobile mining? I think it's better to tie up with some firm that allready engage in this adpect of field? If you heard of Electroneum maybe Taucoin can follow the track they did for their mobile app regarding mobile mining. If full.node mining wont be supported so it cant fully compete on pc mining? It should be same with as POT is eco friendly mechanism right not unlike POW.

Thank you for your suggestions. I've heard of Electroneum but didn't look into details yet. Seems they need some POW, which is CPU memory friendly. Communication and latency is also a big problem. Seems Electroneum made partnership with many wireless service provider world wide.

Anyway, we are still in early stage of mobile mining research. No definite time frame yet.

----Edit below----
For mobile mining, Electroneum only simulates the mining process and rewards mobile device users from a pre-assigned pool. This improves "user experience" in some way, but their mobile mining actually has nothing to do with block generation or network security. PC based mining handles that job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:49:43 AM

The social promotion cause me lots of thinking as how to raise awareness. Here is my logic for discussion.
We provide this referral bonus link to equite everyone way to make taucoin through their social and media network. The current setup is 168 - 124 - 185 for regular signon - referral bonus - referred signon. I think changing to 168 - 185 - 185 will make referral more attractive. With this folks will be happy to socialize the idea.
ETN is pow mobile mining, i think technically it is hard to combine off-chain resource proof with mobile device. POS/POT has potential to achieve mobile mining since both does not need physical resource. POS world tends to go dPOS with some permission/delegration strategy. POT tends to be more fitting to permissonless, which is more mobile.

Nice so meaning the POT is really design for the mobile mining as it permissionless feature. So mobile and pc mining couldnt have much difference on earning taucoin through mining since there is no power consumption needed. If i were miner I will resort to mobile since it very easy and more convenient to use with. I hope you can update the roadmap and include this mobile mining soon. I know youre just setting up and clearly I understand. Sorry I just overwhelm with the outcome when you release it already.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
santouao

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:36:17 AM

Hello there what was the timeframe for the mobile mining? I think it's better to tie up with some firm that allready engage in this adpect of field? If you heard of Electroneum maybe Taucoin can follow the track they did for their mobile app regarding mobile mining. If full.node mining wont be supported so it cant fully compete on pc mining? It should be same with as POT is eco friendly mechanism right not unlike POW.

Thank you for your suggestions. I've heard of Electroneum but didn't look into details yet. Seems they need some POW, which is CPU memory friendly. Communication and latency is also a big problem. Seems Electroneum made partnership with many wireless service provider world wide.

Anyway, we are still in early stage of mobile mining research. No definite time frame yet.

----Edit below----
For mobile mining, Electroneum only simulates the mining process and rewards mobile device users from a pre-assigned pool. This improves "user experience" in some way, but their mobile mining actually has nothing to do with block generation or network security. PC based mining handles that job.

Got it and looking forward to the development of the mobile mining. On the other way around,  how TauX exchange will be like? I saw some screenshot about BTC pool inside, looks like it will be like direct exchange for taucoin. Honestly I like a traditional exchange where in there are bid to buy and ask to sell option. There will be something like that? I like this cause we can see and monitor the volume about the trading. We need it so community can see what was the demand of the coin.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
genie854

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:00:54 AM

Got it and looking forward to the development of the mobile mining. On the other way around,  how TauX exchange will be like? I saw some screenshot about BTC pool inside, looks like it will be like direct exchange for taucoin. Honestly I like a traditional exchange where in there are bid to buy and ask to sell option. There will be something like that? I like this cause we can see and monitor the volume about the trading. We need it so community can see what was the demand of the coin.

TAUX is a direct exchange between BTC and TAU, round based (360 blocks). We'll make most data open.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:58:48 AM

The whitepaper of this project didn’t impress me, maybe I’m too picky. I know about this project for a long time and even participated in the first airdrop. There I still have coins and I almost forgot about them. I hope they will not make swap tokens in the future in order to keep them for a long time can get something from this project.
santouao

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:41:24 AM

Ive saw the launch of the exchange and I can see the overwhelming support and interest on the project. I can see a future on investing on your project. However the bug that has arise today and sudden halt of the exchange will affect the trust of the community. Nevertheless, I understand cause the project still on testnet and bugs like this is inevitable. Hope you fixed this problem and make sure to win back community trust. Still supporting you till the end.

[/center]
genie854

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:59:03 AM

TAUX is a direct exchange between BTC and TAU, round based (360 blocks). We'll make most data open.

Congrats genie on the start of TauX I think its already a success. I can see that potential investors are really on the way, I.noticed it during the swapping of taucoin but dumpers are still many. But I don't think the second round will be the same. I salute all the team who made this possible. By the way, is there no limit on the BTC pool? I mean I think its much better if have at least minimum pool for btc before the swapping happen to preserve taucoin price. What do you think?

There are limits for both entering BTC pool and withdraw, perhaps 0.001BTC (not sure). If we take today's 1st round as its face value, many dumpers don't reach withdraw limit. Actually, even if one really wants to dump, 1st round is probably a lousy choice.

Sorry bugs arise in today's 1st round. Hope our tech team can fix them and TAUX will be online again tomorrow.
zityx23

Activity: 124
Merit: 6

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:16:54 PM

The whitepaper of this project didn’t impress me, maybe I’m too picky. I know about this project for a long time and even participated in the first airdrop. There I still have coins and I almost forgot about them. I hope they will not make swap tokens in the future in order to keep them for a long time can get something from this project.

The white paper is too simple for me in reality but it does address the how's and why's of its creation and experiment. The reason why we, the community, are here is to create a constructive criticism to the white paper and possibly add suggestions to improve it.
imorpheus (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 04:30:00 PM

Letter to TAU community - persist with believers
Oct 18th was a very hard day for TAU to be hit by bugs and speculations. I will remember for life. Firstly, I thank you all for staying with TAU and me. Openning of entire process to the world is the right way and long term happy route no matter the price and risk. Everyone has to work for belief to win. TAU project is backed by my personal wealth, and I will persist it to the end. Given all this, our strategy will not change. Let's fixed the bug and restart for business on Monday. The hit yesterday is strong enough to get rid of non-believers. This world is composed of both believers and none. Up to now, we still have 80,000 users in TAU and increase 3,000 daily. It is still one of the largest crypto community. Let's move forward. - imorpheus

zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:38:17 PM

Letter to TAU community - persist with believers
Oct 18th was a very hard day for TAU to be hit by bugs and speculations. I will remember for life. Firstly, I thank you all for staying with TAU and me. Openning of entire process to the world is the right way and long term happy route no matter the price and risk. Everyone has to work for belief to win. TAU project is backed by my personal wealth, and I will persist it to the end. Given all this, our strategy will not change. Let's fixed the bug and restart for business on Monday. The hit yesterday is strong enough to get rid of non-believers. This world is composed of both believers and none. Up to now, we still have 80,000 users in TAU and increase 3,000 daily. It is still one of the largest crypto community. Let's move forward. - imorpheus

Every thing that has just started has to face many difficulties and we are not exempted to that. An experimental POT as consensus is a strong move by the devs. Yesterdays hit totally fazed a few people. I suggest that for the meantime, with reduced referral rewards, less bounties and coin rain and quizzes, and four (4) days of waiting before TAUX comes alive again, shouldn't there be a "special bounty program" or any sorts of the likes to make people busy with at the time being?
santouao

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:12:36 AM

The white paper is too simple for me in reality but it does address the how's and why's of its creation and experiment. The reason why we, the community, are here is to create a constructive criticism to the white paper and possibly add suggestions to improve it.

I hope you understand that TauX still at early stage and been drafting codes and trchnical writing at this time is progressive working. If you found it simple, you can apply as one of the tesm member and prove it with your skills, since they have a developers bounty. We can criticise the whitepaper considering you can support your idea that cotradicts to it. From what I see, they are working hard for this project and ao far the only conflict in the process are the inevitable bugs that occur in the network that is totally fine considered this as an esrly stage. But that alone is not an excuse for the dev since they annoucned iy opening with utmost confidence and should be prepared for this but still something went wrong. We will see if on its reopening it will succeed all the way.

[/center]
imorpheus (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 04:02:26 AM

thanks for the support. i think some speculator moving away from POT is good. We are fixing bug and will build a POT main net fully on mobile nodes. All i need is staying with us and give us some time, and always discuss the white paper here. we will still give out the bounty reward even it might not as much as we thought.

Atekwe

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:16:20 PM

This platform is not user friendly,  it is very difficult to explain to someone how to get tau via bounty.  I think it should be like a chat forum where a single link takes you to a page with the debate question on the top and everyone replies to it
imorpheus (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 08:18:55 PM

Hi atekwe, the first note on the tread explains everything.

imorpheus (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 01:24:04 AM

i dont understand why am not given the coins despite doing my tasks? this is the spreadsheet image
https://ibb.co/fVBv1L, i asked that to telegram admin but he does not have an answer yet
i will check thanks

genie854

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:11:52 AM

TAUcoin debate daily topic 10/22/2018

As we are doing research on mobile mining, the first issue is communication. Peer to peer network forms the basis of Bitcoin. However, communication on mobile devices, such as phones and tablets, are usually managed by WWAN provider. Is it possible to build a peer to peer network for mobile devices? There already exist ad hoc solutions.
genie854

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:50:35 AM

TAUcoin debate daily topic 10/22/2018

As we are doing research on mobile mining, the first issue is communication. Peer to peer network forms the basis of Bitcoin. However, communication on mobile devices, such as phones and tablets, are usually managed by WWAN provider. Is it possible to build a peer to peer network for mobile devices? There already exist ad hoc solutions.

Today is supposedly the reopened of TauX but based on Imorpheus announcement, the team decide to postponed the exchange due to premature of the platform and the factor that taux cannot handle bulk amount as of the moment.

I think its possible to gain peer to peer on mobile there are lots of other projects already doing this will not mentioned all. We can't deny that some are disappointed with the postponed of the taux but the platform still need to be perfect yet and building a solid mainnet is a good move before releasing the taux. Also I noticed  encouragement to use peer to peer, on the announcement but this will not be easy for those holders. Why? In order to do a peer peer, there are lots of factor along the way such as trust, valuation of the coins, the taucoin doesn't have an ICO and the people cannot set the value of it properly. Scamming can rise from it due to no trust doing it with one another. At least escrow service for this is also good solution but it will hassle on both parties since they don't know or doesn't have idea about its current value.

I think the remedy for this is to linked on an external exchange or third-party liquidity platform so everyone can do the peer to peer with a system. I can see that taucoin needs massive transactions to rise potential value. But without an ecosystem where we can do it we cannot grow faster than expected.

Sorry that TAUX didn't work as expected. We need more mature platform and community.

Back to the daily topic. I was actually asking for ideas on mobile mining and its communication issue. That is, how we build a peer to peer network over which we send transactions and blocks, without potential censorship from App store (Apple) or WWAN service provider (Verizon).
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

Summary: an experimental fast, fair and secure crypto currency without inflation
Breakthrough ideas
- proof of transaction
- permission-less mobile mining network
- adjustable block numbers to speed up
- minority rebellion from 51% power censorship attack
Innovative ideas - “on-chain” mining club and rewarding, delegation, epochs
Community service - TAUX, faucet and bounty, Tau Capital for startup

Detail The plan for next 12 months is bold and intensive in following areas.
- Accumulated transaction fees within certain time in a mining club will determine the probability of the club leader to generate next block, and prevent spam.
- Mining has to be permission-less and low computing power for mobile device. It shall not encourage hardware arms race or asset hoarding.
- Past research shows that the block time delay is required by “handing over” generation right to others include decision and communication. Under consensus, TAU shall achieve scaling by permitting the same generator to produce “multiple blocks” when high transaction volume happening.
- 51% attack to perform censorship and double-spending is considered unavoidable on block chain. However, through rotating a number of epochs, each epoch consists certain number of blocks. Limitting one generator in its epoch and prohibit the same generator to produce blocks in upcoming epochs, from rotating perspective, the 51% power is not able to censorship the network. Double spending problem is contained as well.

Along with above key ideas, Tau enacts onchain mining club and efficient “club wiring” to reward massive club members after every check-point on public ledger to avoid leader corruption. If not mining by themselves, members shall delegate mining effort to club leader. The multiple epoch idea allows low power mining club to have higher chances to generate blocks, because high power clubs contained in previous winning epochs. The more epochs for rotating, the low entry barrier to win blocks and higher security for the network.
To increase community satisfaction, we will operate Tau exchange (TAUX), an automatic swap of TAU and BTC investment pools four times a day. TAU capital will invest TAU app entrepreneurs.
To achieve pervasiveness, TAU faucet and bounty program will last multiple years to give non-coiners basic TAU to begin with crypto currency experience, until we used up 82% reserve.

We invite you to debate above points. The bounty reward is 10M tau and waiting for you to take.
On-going white paper is https://www.taucoin.io/whitePaper/TAU%20White%20Paper%20v0.4.pdf

-12 months - 10 million TAU Debate Bounty Mechanics;
- Winners will be determined WEEKLY thru voting.
- We encourage the criticism. (Pointing out the flaws, followed by making a suggestion or proposed solution)
- The team will choose the up to 5 qualified participants weekly.
- The chosen 5 will be subject to voting system.
- Winners will be evaluated into three (3) voting category
  33.33% for the Twitter
  33.33% for the Telegram
  33.333% for the Discord
- Voting will last for 24hours only. (No extension)
- There will be three (3) winners, 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Reward will be as follows;
  1st Prize; 100,000 TAU
  2nd Prize; 60,000 TAU
  3rd Prize; 40,000 TAU
- Winners will be posted in bitcointalk, taucointalk, TAU Telegram and Discord channel https://discordapp.com/invite/ydhx3um

With the impediment of swap pool in TAUx, I think most people especially those who belong in the early phase has invited already those they have to invite and such as the case is, incoming referrals are from current joiners only. This means more than half of the members (in my opinion) will not engage in transactions in the TAU blockchain. Mining new coins might be a problem as there are fewer transactions. Any events to facilitate fresh transactions in the blockchain? If I might suggest, let the team create a room/app/website for entertainment such as games (e.g. poker, blackjack, (pusoy and tong-its) etc...), movie watching, hourly/daily faucet, music playing, etc. There could be a lot of potential activities to be done at the meantime. Do not just focus one that could take months or years to develop. I know the struggle and I just don't want people to sit back and wait. Anyway, TAUcoins are made for consumption in whatsoever ways we can. 
genie854

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:24:57 AM

TAUcoin debate daily topic 10/23/2018

What are the pros and cons for UTXO (BTC) and account based (ETH) systems?
zityx23

Challenger in Space

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:55:38 AM

TAUcoin debate daily topic 10/23/2018

What are the pros and cons for UTXO (BTC) and account based (ETH) systems?

UTXO

1. Higher degree of privacy: if a user uses a new address for each transaction that they receive then it can be difficult to link accounts to each other. Although some wallets (JAXX eth) can have multiple addresses, this has not benen brought up yet with Eth official wallet. Once a transaction is done, though it is recorded there, one cannot do anything about it.
2. Potential scalability paradigms: UTXOs are more theoretically compatible with certain kinds of scalability paradigms in such that it uses only one proof of owner ship in the Merkle tree.

ETH accounts

1.Large space savings: because every transaction need only make one reference and one signature and produces one output unlike UTXO's that could probably have 2 more reference for output.
2. Greater fungibility: because there is no blockchain-level concept of the source of a specific set of coins, it becomes less practical to institute a redlist/blacklisting scheme. I believe freedom is one of the concept of Etheruem and creating a restriction on coins of where they come from is not invluded in their function.
3. Simplicity: it seems easier to code and understand, especially once more complex scripts become involved. Unlike UTXO, it doesn't require proof from the Merkle tree.
4. Constant light client reference: light clients can at any point access all data related to an account by scanning down the state tree in a specific direction. In UTXO paradigm, every transaction leads to another reference therefore crating a system with more privacy than ease of tracking.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: