Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2019, 06:10:22 PM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We need new ideologies  (Read 210 times)
sister1001

Activity: 243
Merit: 37

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:07:37 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Most of the ideologies are about to be past their use-by-date. That is, we have ideologies that are telling us about how wealth is created and how should it be distributed mostly.

Capitalism is about those who have, and get paid for investing their money and those who only have their work, and get paid for their time and effort. (not that it works that well). Communism is about everyone getting paid for their effort (not that it really works at all).

However, those ideas and setting the focus just on those solutions belongs to an industrial society. It seems that we are still arguing about things that are being replaced. The typical example are repetitive jobs being replaced by robots or machines and even some high level jobs and decissions being taken by artificial intelligences.

So we have here something "new", the value will be added by "bots" and IA that don´t require to "get paid". The best know proposal to deal with this, is the Robot Tax.

We need new ideologies and we need to place the focus of our future philosophy on the moral issues between man and machine, wherever that frontier is set. Do DAO and crypto can be a mean to address some of this issues?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 378
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:02:50 PM

Capitalism is about distribution of resources. Rather than centralizing and distributing the resources from there, it allows for a more distributed system.

Communism is about everyone contributing towards a better society, and everyone being able to reap the rewards of those contributions.

---
Automation is not something to be feared, but something to embrace. Ideally, we'd reduce and remove all labor. Allow individuals to reap the rewards of the automation contributions to society without worrying much about unequal or inadequate distribution of resources.

Cryptography could allow electronic voting (see Estonia).

I'm not sure how much of a resource an immutable blockchain will really do for the people. Perhaps voting, but even then, only issuing one token per identity per issue (liquid democracy +  blockchain voting) is more an identity management thing than a blockchain thing. Even then, in a liquid democracy, ideally if a representative cheats your vote, you'd want to retrieve your token back from that individual for that issue and send it to the other side's wallet instead.

Smart contracts can be helpful in decreeing laws and such, but it still requires people to enforce.
Instely

Activity: 56
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:23:53 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

You are envisioning something that the first futurists saw, at the moment in which the industrial revolution emerged, some futurists like Oscar Wilde proposed that we would reach a point in tech developement that all basic needs and manual work were fulfilled and done by the machines, freeing the human and letting him focus on only making more "elevated" work such as art, philosophy and more tech developement.

I would say that a technocracy would be the ideology by which the world must be ruled.
Letting important decisions of any field to the best minds in that field and not to a bunch of incompetents driven only by their self benefit agenda.
Cøbra
Bitcoin.org domain administrator

Activity: 104
Merit: 207

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 03:06:06 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

We're well passed the era of trying to wrap economics around carefully crafted ideologies. Maybe you can make a new one, but it won't be long until those ideas become obsolete too at the rate of progress.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:39:05 AM

In my understanding, we all living in the world do not need any new worldview. Of course, a person likes to believe in something new and promising, and it only hurts us.
P.S. You just need to: live happily, go to your favorite work, grow up healthy children ...
renemagritte

Activity: 233
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:18:53 PM

I believe, with the help of Artificial Intelligence (or maybe because of them) we will have a different ideology in the near future. I'm not sure when they're gonna be ruling all of our systems, but when they do, we need to change.

and probably we will live under a machine-based ideology that humans have not created. We created a intellect, it will work for us (hopefully)
sister1001

Activity: 243
Merit: 37

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:44:55 PM

We're well passed the era of trying to wrap economics around carefully crafted ideologies. Maybe you can make a new one, but it won't be long until those ideas become obsolete too at the rate of progress.

The ones I put as an example are more than three centuries old. If the new ones last at century, I would consider that good enough.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:56:15 PM
Merited by paxmao (5)

We need new ideologies and we need to place the focus of our future philosophy on the moral issues between man and machine, wherever that frontier is set. Do DAO and crypto can be a mean to address some of this issues?

I wrote a research paper for a university econ class that explored exactly this question. The thesis of the paper postulated the role of DAOs and blockchain tech as a societal paradigm shift beyond the capitalist mode of production.

Capitalism is made up of and perpetuated by the capitalist and worker classes. The core of my paper suggests the possibility (even inevitability) that we'll see a shift from capitalist production to DAO-ce tric production, where the division of labor rests between algorithm and participant. The ideology behind this is that blockchain tech enables this possibility of an algorithmic manager/CEO, which carries no upkeep cost and makes no error in judgement and performance. This takes the form of the DAO, and presents a manner of production through which capitalism breaks down: capitalistic production revolves around constant efforts to drive production costs as close to 0 as possible, once a zero input cost is achieved we've officially expanded beyond capitalism.

I coined this concept the blockchain mode of production, and my research suggested this is something we'll likely see (and are already seeing) first as a displacer to financial and digital industries but could potentially take on every component of society. There are already dozens of productions essentially pro iding DAO financial services: autonomous currency, peer-to-peer lending, trustless reputation systems, and so on. Other likely places for disruption including Insurance with autonomous, transparent insurance pools, and medicine with self-funding research and public IP.

If anyone is interested in reading the paper I could perhaps post it here or provide the link to the Google Doc.
acmakc12

Activity: 392
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:49:25 PM

In my opinion, in our time it is still not so easy to change the old ideology, it is very much fixed in our life, and I am afraid that only the next generation will be able to turn everything around. Nowadays there are still a lot of people who were born in the middle of the 20th century and earlier, of course, the emergence of a new ideology is possible, but the chances that it will be fixed at this stage are very small. In principle, thanks to the blockchain in the near future, the likelihood of a new ideology is high, although this is hindered by the current situation in the world, and this process is slowed down, in my opinion some other discovery is needed, a way of using the blockchain that will have a truly global impact and give a strong push forward.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.