Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:17:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Bitcoin in Space - Bitcoin and the Interplanetary Frontier  (Read 309 times)
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:05:41 AM

I mean if there is no money or currency outside of the earth than why not use bitcoin when you go to mars and colonize it, that way you will make sure you are not using the currency that countries use and find something in between. Bitcoin does not belong to any country and it can be used by "martian" people who will go there and live, that way it can further the economy of those colonies in other planets.

However we need to make sure it is not this much volatile when that happens, we wouldn't want the first people who live outside of earth to face with insane volatility and inflation constantly when they also have other living troubles.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clark (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 01:59:23 PM

I mean if there is no money or currency outside of the earth than why not use bitcoin when you go to mars and colonize it, that way you will make sure you are not using the currency that countries use and find something in between. Bitcoin does not belong to any country and it can be used by "martian" people who will go there and live, that way it can further the economy of those colonies in other planets.

However we need to make sure it is not this much volatile when that happens, we wouldn't want the first people who live outside of earth to face with insane volatility and inflation constantly when they also have other living troubles.

If they're using Bitcoin natively, then by definition the only volatility will be in traded goods. The value of Bitcoin will be stable when local prices are denominated in Bitcoin.

trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:39:19 PM

With this price balance of bitcoin is already just a benefit to business in space. How much sense does it take to buy al-sat in space? nonsensical
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:59:48 AM

Well, for crypto currency to be used on the moon then people should be on the moon to use it and resources to use it for. All these are way too early to be in the talks. Besides, we still haven't even begun to colonize the space frontier. I just hope we do better in the next planet than the planet we live on today.

gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:13:48 PM

I think there is still a lot of way to go for going out to the space for now. The shortest timeline is still 10+
years away from building anything anywhere which means there is still a lot of time for crypto to get bigger in this world before we decide to branch out to any other world. First we have to deal with the problems at hand and than focus on space.

Right now even the SEC is not seeing bitcoin is acceptable but hopefully they are working towards a solution or a response and how to make ETF get accepted, the thing you need to know about that is if they reject it they tell you why and how you can fix it so you go back and do what they say and comeback with higher chance of acceptance. Lets deal with that type of small stuff first, we can move to space step by step from each obstacle we have.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:01:28 PM

I think this is a good idea. But honestly how can we be able to get to live in the moon. What else would we be doing in their with our bitcoin. Some ideas are really that easy to put into practice through imagination but as to the reality it wouldn't be that easy. Maybe we should wait for so many years before we are able to live in the space and trade our bitcoins.

semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:04:13 PM

I think we have to focus for using Bitcoin on the world. Smiley
Still to early to using it in the other places.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:14:57 AM

Well, for crypto currency to be used on the moon then people should be on the moon to use it and resources to use it for. All these are way too early to be in the talks. Besides, we still haven't even begun to colonize the space frontier. I just hope we do better in the next planet than the planet we live on today.
to be used on this planet alone, it is still in a difficult stage of struggle, i think that to be used on the moon it is still not in the realm. moreover there are no residents yet, let alone transactions
Clark (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 06:12:04 PM

The article mentions that it will take a long time. It's speculating on how Bitcoin could be used once we're on the Moon & Mars.

Tough crowd  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: