Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be Safe  (Read 1603 times)
nak02

Activity: 512
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:54:54 AM

Nice warning dude but I think a lot of people are aware of that thing before entering in crypto world. They have also a worst scenario in their life in crypto just like hacking and clicking phishing sites. But they will learn there mistake and didn't do that again. Never happen again just like me  Undecided 

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zafaryaqoob

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:13:45 AM

Amazing tips for be Safe God bless you, bro, these simple tips safe our Money keep sharing these kind of tips with us.

Thank you so Much.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

Do not store your private key or passphrase online.

It's called a private key or passphrase because only you should have it and not even the developers of the app has access to it and that is why if you lose your keys you have equally lost your walllet.

Stay positive and waiting for the bull run.
Stay safe everyone!
As we all know, no computer is safe when they are put online, so, keeping sensitive materials or documents on system online could result to a great loose to that fellow. I usually keep my sensitive materials offline and keep non-sensitive ones online just to fool some group of individuals parading themselves as hackers. All my passphrase and keys to all my accounts are kept on my iron cabinet and they are safe.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:53:47 AM

I have also experiencing those kind of things like hackers attempting to log in with my wallet and other crypto related accounts which contains btc. Different IPs and countries are trying to hack my account thus appearing the infos from my email. I think i have clicked some phishing sites that is why they have my infos with them. But i already installed 2fa for more secured way of logging in.

Changing passwords always worked. Hackers are trying to find a way to get our btc. Let us be careful what we clicked for.
kiemponxs

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:02:30 AM

it is a good warning, they must have known before they joined the world of kripo, but mistakes often occur after joining Crypto because of the carelessness of individuals, but they will certainly learn from their mistakes to be made a lesson so as not to happen again.

labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:08:14 AM

Your right. That’s why I don’t leave recklessly my private key even in Etherdelta exchange since they ask for pk. Its really better to just store our tokens in etherwallet rather than exchanges when especially doing long term hodling.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
BETAWI

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:01:07 AM

Sometimes I think for a moment, until when the hacker's account will take place and continue to steal. This is really worrying for all of us who have an online wallet. I thank you for giving advice and also still care about reminding about the dangers and risks on the internet, especially anticipating this.
Thank you very much.
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:48:20 AM

Thank you so much for your advice. In fact, cold wallet is the way to at least be safe from getting hacked. If exchanges that earn so much profit and upgrade their security from time to time are not safe from hackers, then you must be careful not to fall victim.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:58:51 AM

Could you be more details about what kind of hack happened recently ? I think if you store your coins in big exchanges, it will be secure because they hold many peoples coins, not just you. But the cold wallet is the best wallet for security indeed, because you are the only one who can use it to move your balance from that wallet.

This is the most recent high profile one, so this is probably what he was referring to:

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-exchange-zaif-hacked-in-60-million-6000-bitcoin-theft/

I think if you store your coins in big exchanges, it will be secure because they hold many peoples coins, not just you.

You couldn't be more wrong. They're all inherently unsafe. Big exchanges could even be more dangerous in some respects, because their users are more frequently targeted by phishing attacks, hackers have more incentive in cracking their security, etc. If you're safekeeping your coins, nowhere on the web is truly safe.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:04:12 AM

the problem is that you can not always avoid the risks at all times because not everyone is only buying and holding bitcoin in their cold storages. there is a lot of things that you do with that bitcoin. one of them is trading and when you trade you end up having some funds on exchanges which have the risk of being taken by the exchange when they turn into scam. but that is a risk that people accept when they use these services.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:08:17 AM

Keeping your wallet safe on the Internet is not easy, so many bad guys look at your wallet. However, what we can do is to be alert and watchful. Most of the stolen cases are due to the victim's fault.
When you lose money, it can not be recovered, so be careful.
market-beta

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:08:39 AM

of course I am always careful in investing bro. I even thought about the possibilities that might occur. both from the positive and negative side, bro. because carefully we will be safe ..
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:14:56 AM

I think this is more due to the bad habits of using your computer, not the blockchain is not safe. In my opinion, as long as you use it normally, the blockchain should be very safe. Usually, you The computer was hacked because you have browsed some unsafe websites and downloaded some unsafe plugins. If you use your computer normally, don't click on URLs that you are not familiar with or have not seen. Your computer will be safe.

Loser
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:15:09 AM

Safety in everything we do is key.  Before investing at all we need to get security aspect figured out,  offline wallet would have been a safe means yet you still have to import your fund, with great invest comes high ends security measures like ledgers and the likes.  
Simple tips never use 1 password twice.  
Dana-pasar

Activity: 167
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:20:56 AM

Of course, caution is very necessary when saving crypto money. Those who are already careful are often still deceived by the existence of a scamer which is always detrimental and often loses because of it

[tengah] [url = https: //www.4art-technologies.com] ═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES [/ b] ═══▦▦═══
 ICO TOKEN SALE IS SEKARANG BUKA UNTUK INVESTOR [
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:41:54 AM

The recent happenings of  hack are becoming rampant that exchanges are no longer safe.
there is nothing new about exchange hacks. they have been happening from the day the exchanges started and most of them aren't even hacks. it is the exchange scamming you. and because of that the safety of exchanges has not changed.

If the exchanges can get hacked this means you and me stand no chance at all so in view of this if you can do get cold wallet/ Web wallet to keep ur funds safe,  never leave ur long term bags on any exchange.

this only concerns traders not everyone. and everyone is not a trader to be considered about this!
not to mention that you always keep your trading funds on exchanges, in other words funds that you want to have access to every day. and you already accepted this risk. otherwise you shouldn't be even trading!

Stay positive and waiting for the bull run.
also stop thinking about making money from something that is not designed to make you money!
most of these problems (exchanges scamming, airdrops scamming, Ponzi schemes,...) are happening because of that greed!

Only Bitcoin
jollydart

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:30:18 AM

I have a friend who lost a significant amount of tokens in an exchange wallet and from that point forward I'm really careful about it. Only leave the amount you are going to be trading and be careful of which link you are clicking.
BagzMM

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:53:48 PM

Hackers are spreading all over the net so we must be extra careful and vigilant for every transaction for we don't know when they will attack us.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

I think to best way to safe yourself with this scammy things, you have to spread your risks. Open more than 1 wallet for bitcoin and for the altcoins. Use more than 1 exchange. If you get scam you wouldn't loose everything with this way. I have 3 BTC and more than 10 ETH wallet and i am working with again more than 10 exchanges. Spread it, don't get risks.
Carrelmae10

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:08:56 PM

..being safe on your accounts depends on how you will going to take care on it..before signing up on any rxchange or trading sites,,make sure that it is the legal site that you are signing it..it is true that scammers and freuds spread everywhere..so make sure that you are not easily deceive by anyone..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: