Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hold on to our gpus. that tarriff will bring up prices?  (Read 220 times)
abstractHaze (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:37:19 PM

so by January 1st. all pc parts -minus laptops and certain accessories- will go up in price in the usa. by25%
im saying this will set off a ripple effect as people buy less, and profits to be made, prices will go up. i am also betting that the 25% hit will increase many electronics and parts upwards of 40% post before we start seeing a rebound and possibly more. this however will be short term as people are gonna buyout supplies inlue of the tarrif as we see with intel shorts.

the dubious nvidia and there horrific price scaling only keeps our 10series stronger in price longer for the uninformed.

i'm seeing that once january hits and all our video cards are 25% or more. all thes jokers selling shit on ebay for stupid cheap are gonna be in for an awakening . that is of coarse that nvidia doesn' trick a zillion gpus out there ass. these new turing ones take time it seems and thats good to short shit but who knows.

as 10 series gets a phase and demand gets low.  not sure where im going but i got a feeling we will see a skyrocket of prices  to happen in gpus again and it may just be better riding it out vs panic selling them. this is of coarse your heart is in the market going vert. if it doesn't, then sell faster then ever. but as it seems. if we get a bull. Holiday is approaching.we may see a value of our gpus go back up.

opinions?

i mean them 4800/7900 series amds from wtf way back when gains value due to the market soar. i got a feeling if that happens again 10 series the same.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:23:26 AM

so by January 1st. all pc parts -minus laptops and certain accessories- will go up in price in the usa. by25%
im saying this will set off a ripple effect as people buy less, and profits to be made, prices will go up. i am also betting that the 25% hit will increase many electronics and parts upwards of 40% post before we start seeing a rebound and possibly more. this however will be short term as people are gonna buyout supplies inlue of the tarrif as we see with intel shorts.

the dubious nvidia and there horrific price scaling only keeps our 10series stronger in price longer for the uninformed.

i'm seeing that once january hits and all our video cards are 25% or more. all thes jokers selling shit on ebay for stupid cheap are gonna be in for an awakening . that is of coarse that nvidia doesn' trick a zillion gpus out there ass. these new turing ones take time it seems and thats good to short shit but who knows.

as 10 series gets a phase and demand gets low.  not sure where im going but i got a feeling we will see a skyrocket of prices  to happen in gpus again and it may just be better riding it out vs panic selling them. this is of coarse your heart is in the market going vert. if it doesn't, then sell faster then ever. but as it seems. if we get a bull. Holiday is approaching.we may see a value of our gpus go back up.

opinions?

i mean them 4800/7900 series amds from wtf way back when gains value due to the market soar. i got a feeling if that happens again 10 series the same.
10 series is good now but vega 20 comes out next year , or late december, the stats of vega 20 is crazy at 7nm

I think it will be the go to card for mining and devalue the 10 series alot
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:05:54 AM

Right now is basically the worst time to sell any of your GPUs. Going on eBay there are tons of auctions, some even no reserve and basically RX 470/570 are selling for less than $100 a GPU.

My guess is that even if profitability doesn't improve, I think in the future, especially around Christmas the prices will either stay flat or go slightly back up.

I think many gamers are happy because they can score a pretty good FPS rig using 2x of the RX series GPUs, which should support all games running on max resolution.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: