Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Major news networks intentionally ignore bitcoins.  (Read 1497 times)
kthejung (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:11:49 PM

Have you noticed that the major news networks almost seem to go out of their way to ignore bitcoins or anything related to such?  I wonder if there is any other reason than that bitcoins are still generally unknown by the US public.  It's as if they intentionally ignore anything bitcoin related.  Are we that far ahead of the curve?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:12:17 PM

What exactly is there to report?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:31:02 PM

The latest news that the founder of bitcoin has been discovered(supposedly).  They cover Justin Bieber and three legged dogs, why do they not mention something that is used as a currency that is already worth $700 for a single internet coin and has a market cap of $8 billion.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:34:29 PM

i know the forbes news removed the satoshi article as they know its not him.

other news media never research and yet throw any speculation into an article.. too much FUD and not enough research these days

satoshi is still anonymous, no one including gavin knows his real name.
satoshi is still educated previously based on british education, not american
satoshi still has a istory of knowing computer coding, not model trains

so why is there all the hype about another FUD story. im counting a dozen different threads.

will the community please cam down.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:42:45 PM

i know the forbes news removed the satoshi article as they know its not him.

other news media never research and yet throw any speculation into an article.. too much FUD and not enough research these days

satoshi is still anonymous, no one including gavin knows his real name.
satoshi is still educated previously based on british education, not american
satoshi still has a istory of knowing computer coding, not model trains

so why is there all the hype about another FUD story. im counting a dozen different threads.

will the community please cam down.

lol.  No, we will not calm down... cause we have nothing else to do on a thursday afternoon.
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:47:41 PM

Anyways does it really matter if we found the real guy? It's nice to give the subject some closure but the attention this is getting is too high.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:02:39 PM

Have you noticed that the major news networks almost seem to go out of their way to ignore bitcoins or anything related to such?  I wonder if there is any other reason than that bitcoins are still generally unknown by the US public.  It's as if they intentionally ignore anything bitcoin related.  Are we that far ahead of the curve?

It's just not that big yet.   There's obviously not a TV-network-cabal enforcing a ban on the mention of bitcoin.   I've seen multiple mentions of bitcoin on fictional television, bitcoin has been used multiple times as a plot device in Fox's show "Almost Human".  Bitcoin was used as a plot device in a recent episode of FX's "Justified".  I'm sure there are more examples, but public awareness will increase. 
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:03:32 PM

bitcoin is a niche thing, it really does not make any sense to be on major news
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:29:10 PM

The latest news that the founder of bitcoin has been discovered(supposedly).  They cover Justin Bieber and three legged dogs, why do they not mention something that is used as a currency that is already worth $700 for a single internet coin and has a market cap of $8 billion.

Sounds you want to the major news network to artificially pump the Bitcoin value.
Bitcoin doesn't need that. We are independent.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:44:49 PM

The latest news that the founder of bitcoin has been discovered(supposedly).  They cover Justin Bieber and three legged dogs, why do they not mention something that is used as a currency that is already worth $700 for a single internet coin and has a market cap of $8 billion.

Sounds you want to the major news network to artificially pump the Bitcoin value.
Bitcoin doesn't need that. We are independent.

nope, I do not want to "pump" bitcoin's value.  It just seems illogical and inconsistent that they are not reporting it, that's all.  I actually want bitcoin's value to stay low for a little while longer so that I can buy more.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:56:21 PM

It's because a video of Miley Cyrus with her tongue out is far more important than anything bitcoin related...or any world news for that matter..
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:03:35 AM

Just relax. It's good. This lets us scoop more bitcoins while they're still dirt cheap! Wink

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
01h103

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:06:14 AM

If a universal owner database was maintained...

And a cyberhacker team stole bitcoins from a bitcoin bank (eg Mt Gox)...

Could the universal owner database not flag the stolen bitcoins as void and worthless?

BTCIs this possible?BTC
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:08:23 AM

are you serious? I think you need to realize, 99% of the world (at least) doesn't care about bitcoin. and it's not the job of the media to promote it.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Vitamin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

I'm actually more pissed off that the networks won't cover net neutrailty, but we all know why at least.  I have no idea why the media would rather cover Justin Beiber than Bitcoin, however.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:30:09 AM

I'm actually more pissed off that the networks won't cover net neutrailty, but we all know why at least.  I have no idea why the media would rather cover Justin Beiber than Bitcoin, however.

you people make it sound like we're living in the 1970s and only have two channels on TV and one local newspaper to read.

It's 2014 and there are thousands of news programs and articles online. The options are endless. Every day I can read about bitcoin, but that's because I seek it out. Furthermore, the irony here is, when bitcoin news does actually make headlines, it's often negative (ie. LAST WEEK mtgox loses half billion of account holder money) and then bitcoiners complain that the big meanies in the media are trying to bring us down. So... which do you want?

lol okay Justin Bieber... like him or not, he still has scores of fans, mostly young women. Everyone else loves to hate him. People obviously like to hear about him, otherwise the news would dry up. Face it, people are way more interested in Justin Bieber than bitcoin. That doesn't make it right, but that's reality...

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Vitamin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:34:08 AM

I'm actually more pissed off that the networks won't cover net neutrailty, but we all know why at least.  I have no idea why the media would rather cover Justin Beiber than Bitcoin, however.

you people make it sound like we're living in the 1970s and only have two channels on TV and one local newspaper to read.

It's 2014 and there are thousands of news programs and articles online. The options are endless. Every day I can read about bitcoin, but that's because I seek it out. Furthermore, the irony here is, when bitcoin news does actually make headlines, it's often negative (ie. LAST WEEK mtgox loses half billion of account holder money) and then bitcoiners complain that the big meanies in the media are trying to bring us down. So... which do you want?

lol okay Justin Bieber... like him or not, he still has scores of fans, mostly young women. Everyone else loves to hate him. People obviously like to hear about him, otherwise the news would dry up. Face it, people are way more interested in Justin Bieber than bitcoin. That doesn't make it right, but that's reality...

I was complaining more about Verizon and Comcast, and cable networks selection of what is and is not news.  I get Bitcoin coverage everyday too, just not from my television.
descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:46:51 AM

too much hype... don't need to keep talking about it.
brokenchair

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:53:36 AM

Usually when I see bitcoin mentioned it is negative, the reporter will state the swing in values, and that is it. 
The last time I saw it mentioned (last week maybe: on fox) the reporter said something along the lines of he didn't understand bitcoin, but he sees that it has value due to a limited supply.  I took that as a win lol.
Vitamin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:01:32 AM

Usually when I see bitcoin mentioned it is negative, the reporter will state the swing in values, and that is it. 
The last time I saw it mentioned (last week maybe: on fox) the reporter said something along the lines of he didn't understand bitcoin, but he sees that it has value due to a limited supply.  I took that as a win lol.

Lol!  Doesn't BTC have value because of high demand though?  I mean if it was because of supply it should be going down since new Bitcoins are being mined all the time.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: