Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Security Token or Utility Token?  (Read 278 times)
squanhin (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:03:59 PM

They both come with their own sets of pros and cons. Which one do you support?
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:09:24 PM

If I have to choose, I prefer utility tokens because they have less problems for KYC and taxation generally. Security tokens have more regulation problems in many countries.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:31:31 PM

I know security tokens require more regulation and taxation etc but if you ask me im in favor of security tokens, it is not just for me, to move forward and adoption and also for competing the stocks, we need to get uniform regulation for security tokens globally and then even traditional businesses can tokenize their business for funding and everyone can become share holder.

satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:52:05 PM

Security tokens, because they have much more prospects today: SEC is interested in cryptocurrencies, huge investment funds with REAL coins, not futures (BAKKT), will soon appear. IMHO, utility tokens will have to become partly security.
Without this, it will sink into oblivion.

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:03:08 PM

Utility tokens can be just one directional area and might not really be a considering factor with sec but security tokens can be a factor. And more investment seem to be on that and the exchanges.
Sifon

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:44:48 AM

Security tokens tend to attract the attention of the SEC by way of regulations. Personally, I'm for securities as it gives token holders a chance of being shareholders of the company/project rather than utility tokens that makes you just a mere holder.
gatilocoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:50:13 AM

Security Token this is the future, Utility Token this past and present. Ico 90% scam, therefore, the market will change.
reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:54:52 AM

My opinion: not always easy to tell the difference between these two types of tokens for a beginner, but in short, a utility token offers the user to use products or services through this token, while a security token only entitles one part of the company, much like stock market shares.

If you do not know which category your token is in, just do Howey test.
mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

So basically you ask which one do you prefer in real world: property or stocks
those two are alike as much as your OP question imho Smiley
MarcoMayer

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

If I have to choose one,I prefer utility tokens. Because they have less problems. I think that's the smart way to handle things.
NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:08:00 AM

i think we will see a lot of security tokens on the market and their behavior, i can not tell now which is better but also we already see that utility tokens are not using as it was expected, it using only for speculations coz speculative part of the market is still the biggest one today.
Mikeschmitt

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:49:19 AM

Both of the tokens have some certain and unique charecteristics. Those who value security and profit should go for Security tokens. On the other hand, those who like less regulation and less taxation should go for Utility tokens.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:54:02 PM

Security tokens would be common in crypto one day upon the implementation of regulation for the cryptocurrencies. When this happen its easier for anyone to invest and they wouldn't have to worry if they get scammed like what is happening these days. Utility tokens may be a thing of the past once newer platforms besides Ethereum is going to be widely used after all we all want lesser transaction fee if not free.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Asger223

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:05:54 PM

So far iron and steel are commodities with smooth trading, as far Blockchain is concerned it is still in it's earlly phases and it'll take time before we know for sure what commodities are reliable trading
Asger223

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:12:51 PM

Based on the needs of the user they may choose depending on their needs if Utility or Security they value as it differs from person to person.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:14:21 PM

I prefer Utility token not only it has less issue on ID verification and taxation, but in my opinion Utility token has a real use case, and it will make utility has higher demand than Security token. But I also think that Security token promise more profit than Utility token.

akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:00:17 PM

I would choose utility token because it provide us future access to their service or products. and also its less requiring KYC which most of hates it.

mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:08:27 PM

with the use on returns with work as appealing details with reference on showing of notable with value on confinement the decision to leads as investors to put with trust as expending spares on possession to enter market on expectation as collecting with concrete of consequence as developer to run of work on table with the complex of details with business intelligence.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
KassandrHicks

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:41:55 PM

Security and utility token are very similar in characteristics. Utility token offers future access to the company's service and has less regulations. Security token is a better investment but has more regulations and taxes.
LuaKT

Activity: 162

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:48:56 PM

I choose definetly utility tokens because i dont like regulations. Crypto is freedom and coins with regulations is not for crypto space in my opinion.
and surely security tokens will have some regulatory problems in different countries which have dont clear regulations yet about crypto.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: