Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:11:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin be sent, received or traded (used) without the internet?  (Read 750 times)
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:40:30 PM

we really can't do anything about bitcoin when we don't have an internet network, but I'm sure when bitcoin is legal in the world the government will find a solution.
Yes Internet was like the brain of bitcoin when it compare to human body. No one will function without it. Just like in bitcoin, how can you going to access it or even transfer it to other people without Internet. It was also like the bridge that connect one people to another user of it.
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:42:03 PM

No, It is not possible at all. Because Bitcoin is an online-based currency. It can only be traded in online with a strong network. I don't see any chance of offline transactions for with the bitcoin. You can use pocket wifi or other strong gadgets to work in villages, but without an Internet connection, you can't trade bitcoin.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:56:16 PM

No, It is not possible at all. Because Bitcoin is an online-based currency. It can only be traded in online with a strong network. I don't see any chance of offline transactions for with the bitcoin. You can use pocket wifi or other strong gadgets to work in villages, but without an Internet connection, you can't trade bitcoin.
Yes.I agree.Bitcoin transactions cannot be successfully done without a strong internet connection.There should be an internet access if you want to send or receive bitcoin,or trade with it.If not,you will keep on repeating your transactions again and again without realizing your goal.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:47:11 AM

I never heard about something like sending bitcoin without internet access. Because as far as i know, bitcoin and internet surely has a strong correlation.
We need internet to access our bitcoin, without internet there's no way we can use our bitcoin.
That's why i think it's impossible that we can do the transaction using bitcoin without internet.
I don't really understand how that mesh connection works or something but if really is possible maybe you can try to do it?

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:23:21 AM

we really can't do anything about bitcoin when we don't have an internet network, but I'm sure when bitcoin is legal in the world the government will find a solution.
Lol has nothing to do directly when the government legalizes then you can use and transact bitcoin without the internet? because only by using internet media, then we can connect to the blockchain network, without the internet we cannot make transactions and spending
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:32:08 AM

Can bitcoin be sent, received or traded (used) without the internet?
If some trustable company start emite promissory notes nominated in Bitcoins.

1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:34:44 AM

I dont really get whats the sense of offline transaction when all people are now have easy access in the internet, if theres such thing an offline transaction I will never trust it because it is easy to hack an offline system.

libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 03:10:35 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2018, 03:21:36 AM by libert19

I think your question once again exposes one of the big weakness of cryptocurrency. It is generally called digital currency because it involves usage with internet gadget. However, it is even better that the receiver need not be connected to the internet to facilitate the transaction. It would have been nice if there was an option of internet usage and manually. Maybe internet being for faster transaction and manual for those who don't mind waiting  Roll Eyes

True. Cryptocurrency's biggest weakness is Internet. As long as there is Internet, cryptos can be used, without it, it's nothing.

Although you still own your crypto that's plus point haha

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:43:59 AM

No internet, we have nothing, so the transaction is confirmed need a network of Node. No internet, no Node

That is why many people cannot deal with Bitcoins even if they are eager to do it. There is no Internet connection in the regions and the countries when they do live.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:02:19 AM

You cant do bitcoin without internet because internet is the main requirement of bitcoin and crypto. Without that how can you trade or transact
SimonJones

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:10:59 AM

Without internet, the possibility to send and receive Bitcoins is significantly limited now.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:48:31 AM

NO.
The most important we need for trade, sent, received etc is internet. Without internet we can't do anything regarding bitcoin. Same as us , without oxygen we can't alive.
OlusanTunde

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:55:33 AM

Bitcoin is transferred after initiation from the sender of the transaction through the internet.
The sender isn’t required to be connected to the internet to sign the transaction, but he is required to be connected to the internet to declare his transaction to the network so that they can record it. A transaction even signed, if not recorded within the blockchain is equivalent of it having never occurred.
In order for the transaction to complete, it has to be recorded on the blockchain and consensus should accept it.

The receiver does not have to remain connected to the internet as the transaction happens since the sender pays the transaction fee and gets the transaction recorded in the blockchain. Once the transaction is recorded, the wallet is free to sync with the blockchain and display the funds received. Even if the person isn’t connected to the internet, the blockchain explorer shall display that the funds have been transferred to the appropriate account. Whenever the receiver needs to spend the money within their wallet for a secondary transaction, they may sign the transaction offline, but whenever their transaction is broadcasted to the network, the miner verifies that there are funds allocated or present in the wallet to initiate the transaction.

To conclude, the receiver does not need an active internet connection to eventually receive the money, but however they do need an active internet connection if they wish their wallet to reflect the funds that they’ve received. They are required to have an active internet connection to broadcast their transaction after having received bitcoin to make a secondary transaction as well.

- Min Park, Blockchain Marketing Consulting

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-receiver-of-bitcoin-need-an-active-internet-connection-to-eventually-receive-the-money
rindayle

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:59:37 AM

I can not say whether it is possible to do so, but it seems impossible without the Internet because you need to enter the key without which it is impossible to get to the funds. If there is such a method I will be glad to know.
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 08:30:12 AM

The possibility of sending bitcoin without the use of internet is not certain because the internet is the life wire of everything about bitcoin.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
abhi777

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:19:08 AM

NO.
The most important we need for trade, sent, received etc is internet. Without internet we can't do anything regarding bitcoin. Same as us , without oxygen we can't alive.
will not be able to . we invest must go through the internet because bitcoin is sending, exchanging, and buying and selling. very difficult without using the internet.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:29:05 AM

Those in the remote part of any country that have  no internet coverage have no business with bitcoin at the moment. I know that the rate at which we have innovative ground breaking blockchain technology project springing forth there will be such technology that will enable bitcoin transfer without internet in future.
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:40:48 PM

At the moment it is really impossible. The main advantage of bitcoin is that it is concentrated on the Internet. But as you may have noticed, this is its main disadvantage.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:47:39 PM

i have no accurate idea about your questions but i think bitcoin can be sent or recieved without internet but i use internet to make bitcoin transactin.
and another thing internet is need for confirmed your transaction that you dealt with bitcoin.so my opinion is mixed yes and no both.

tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:55:00 PM

The Internet is an integral part of bitcoin. At this stage of its development, we cannot use it without an Internet connection. This is a weak side of bitcoin, which is yet to be adjusted. And I hope that it will be really settled.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: