Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AIRDROP]DelphiniumCoin airdrops if you get it working ! =D  (Read 968 times)
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:39:20 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 10:05:17 PM by DelphiniumCoin

Hello,

Quick/short tutorial with important hyperlinks and such to get you started:

Step A - Setup Free Dynamic Domain Name

If your public internet address changes a lot then first get a dynamic domain name for yourself/computer for free:

1. Visit http://freedns.afraid.org/pricing/

2. Select the free starter

3. Then choose a subdomain name for yourself:

(click add bottom right once logged in):

http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/

Step B - Run Free DNS Updater

4. Then download free dns updater, this little tool for windows updates your domain name to point to your computer's ip address every time it changes.

http://www.techknowpro.com/freedns/

5. Test your new domain name by pinging it or using tracert in ms-dos prompt.

Click the start button or ball top left corner of screen usually, in the white edit box type:

cmd

This will bring up ms-dos command prompt.

Then type:

ping yoursubdomainname.chickenkiller.com

Or whatever you selected.

You could also try:

tracert yoursubdomainname.chickenkiller.com

If these tools can find your computers IP address then it works... by displaying some statistics and such, then you set it up correctly.

Step C - Run DelphiniumCoin

6. Download DelphiniumCoin:

https://github.com/DelphiniumCoin/DelphiniumCoin/tree/master/version%203.0.1.1

Extract zip or rar to C:\Tools

(or any folder of your chosing).

Run the 32 bit or 64 bit wallet version.

Step D - Add other computers to peer list

7. Add other people's IP address or DNS names to "peer list" via menu project->peer list.

8. (Optionally install blockchain/safebox by copieing data contents from zip/rar to data folder via project->options->open data folder. Restart wallet)

9. (Optionally install graphics and/or OpenCL drivers for your hardware, CPU or GPU, use google to find this, learn your hardware names/models/types first !).

10. (Optionally change your wallet name in project->private keys)

11. (Optionally run miner, edit runminer.bat to change your miner name)

(both names will be displayed if mining successfully)

Free chat engine:

https://discord.gg/ybQqmRq

(Could be used to publishing your IP or DNS name for a little bit more privacy than web)

Good luck !

New Features

* Update 21 october 2018 Update *

1. Peer List added for connecting computers(/building networks) manually.

A peer list form was added. This form is reachable via project->peer list in the menu.

This allows all users to add other computers to the network.

It works by adding an ip address or dns name on a new line in the edit box and then clicking save and apply.

DelphiniumCoin is now also allowed to run on a different port then the default 4100.

Port numbers can optionally be added to the peer list by using :portnumber.

First line is default for my computer.

For example:
delphiniumcoin.chickenkiller.com:4100  
32.54.65:23
12.43.123:24:4100
yourip:12345
yourdnsname:12345

2. Blockchain/safebox data added to distribution.

In case there are no other peers to connect to it's still possible to install the blockchain/safebox into the data folder.

This is done by copieing the contents of the data folder into the data folder for the application.

Go to project->options and then click open data folder to find the DelphiniumCoin data folder.

Copy the data folder contents from the distribution to this folder and restart the wallet.

This should now allow you to mine on your own blockchain.

Be warned though as soon as your computer connects to other computers the "race" will begin.

The blockchain/safebox with the most work done will win and will be copied to all other computers connected.

So it's best to try and connect to as many computers as possible or at least 5 random computers.

The software has a certain limited of connections, though the software will connect randomly to computers from time to time.

This peer list feature is new and untested, you are very welcome to test it !

To test it you should either:

1. Post your public internet address in this thread so that other users can try and connect to your PC and ofcourse let your PC run for a while.

(Also post port if default port 4100 is inconvenient for you and was changed by you to something else)

Post it as follows:
ip:port

2. You could also create a free dynamic DNS from http://freedns.afraid.org/ and run FreeDNSUpdate tool to always make this name point to your computer's IP address in case it changes frequently.

In the future I may add different solutions to having peers connect to each other.

Perhaps a server (though this would create a single point of failure)

or

Perhaps an internet scanner (though this would be slow and may require 1 or multiple days of scanning the internet) (this would make it very strong though).

3. The software can be downloaded from this link:

https://github.com/DelphiniumCoin/DelphiniumCoin

Version 3.0.1 is removed.
Version 3.0.1.1 is now available for downloading and testing.

(4. Git repository has be re-initialize and re-uploaded.)

Miner included.

This is your big chance to mine some Delphinium Coins !

You can support Delphinium Coin in two ways:

1. Run the Delphinium Coin Wallet and/or Miner.

(Windows Security Center and Windows Firewall services must be running for proper connections, otherwise software will not worked and will be blocked).

or

2. Setup a computer with a DNS name/server and Delphinium Coin Wallet then contact me and I will add your DNS to the wallet for IP discovery purposes in a future release.

DelphiniumCoin channel/server opened up on Discord for discussing this coin/project:

https://discord.gg/ybQqmRq

Bye for now,
  DelphiniumCoin ! =D
cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:49:22 PM

Hi, I can't seem to connect to any nodes.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:54:08 PM

Except for 'our chance to mine some Delphiniumcoin',do you have something on your mind for this project ?
i mean,it does not look like a project for me because it has no goal or even purpose.so tell me why ? give us a reason ?
seriously,it is totally naked.
(no website,team,spesification,goal or purpose and everything that needed for something to be called as a project)
do not tell me that you're putting some malware on your wallet ? because so far i found a lot of project did that to their wallet.

Version 3.02 created on 3 oktober 2018 based on PascalCoin Build 3.0.2
konstant111

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

my only address Eth: 0xa3beBBea49563A6D6D....

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:11:21 PM

What is this, good friend, I will set your purse will start? and what are the prospects in the future why I have the wrapper in my suitcase, where's this coin? explain to me

STOP ERC20 SCAMS
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:49:38 PM

What would you suggest I do?
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:17:25 AM

Hi All,

Apperently there is a problem with connecting. Today I will debug it to see what is the problem. Sorry for the inconvience and disappointment, but thank you for trying !

I will let you know soon as possible when problem is fixed, hopefully this day.

(Do try and open up tcp port 4100, 5100 and 6100 in firewall, especially 4100, not yet sure if problem is with delphiniumcoin software or if your firewalls are blocking it, for now I will assume it's a problem with the delphiniumcoin software)

Bye,
  DelphiniumCoin.
xoai001

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:39:52 AM

i am a linux user, how can i join your project Cheesy ?
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:31:58 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 01:42:07 PM by DelphiniumCoin

Hi,

Thanks for all your great response !

I think I found the problem and hopefully by tonight the problem will be solved and a new version available.

Estimated time to new version available is about 4 to 5 hours or so, so stay tuned ! =D

(So more bugs founds, so I cannot promise anything unfortunately, might take multiple days to get it fixed =D)

Bye,
  DelphiniumCoin.
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:42:49 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2018, 04:37:59 PM by DelphiniumCoin

What a joke, this just shows how full of scammers or fools the Altcoin section is. There is literally zero information on this coin just a GitHub link to a wallet. Zero specs whatsoever and people are acting like they are excited for this and want to add it to their site etc etc. Come on now firstly only a fool would run this random wallet (or any unproven coin) on anything but a virtual machine which I doubt many of you are doing.

Just this coin is rushed, this coin wants a piece of the market =D The excitement might be because some people know this coin is based on another coin which already existed for 2 years and they know that one is pretty good, this one gonna be even better eventually hopefully ! Wink =D

*Update modified*:

Work is underway to fix all problems, this coin will probably re-launch in the weekend/saturday/sunday.

*Update 2*:

Results are looking very good so far, some mining is done to test the software and protocol upgrades, most likely tomorrow/sunday latest monday, this coin should finally launch if all goes well.
Network still has to be tested, so far file format/upgrades gone smooth with production settings Smiley
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:39:50 PM

i am a linux user, how can i join your project Cheesy ?

Hi,

Running this software under "wine" should be possible, also a custom version for linux could be created.
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:32:37 PM

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

Let's pretend the last 3 days didn't happen at all ! The Delphinium Coin (binary) repository was deleted and re-created !

A new (fixed) version of Delphinium Coin 3.02 is now available !

Please re-download this for your own good and start mining immediately before somebody else snatches your coins ! Wink =D

I had to pre-mine this a little bit on a NVIDIA GT 520 graphics card which can only do 6.11 MegaHash / sec so you should have no problem beating that with a more recent system !

I wish you lot's of mining joy with this new coin release/launch !

Also take note:

The Delphinium Coin application may hang or crash on first startup, if it does please terminate it and try again. Keep trying until it finally runs properly, after about max of 3 attempts or so it should work, if not keep trying until the GUI appears. (This startup bug will be solved at a later date).

For now I wish you the best !

Goodbye for now,
  DelphiniumCoin
    May the mining power be with you ! Wink =D

(If you are still having connection problems, please let me know ! I will also test this software later on different systems/internet connections. My recommendation is to run the 32 bit software for now, just in case there are any 64 bit invalid instructions being generated by the Delphi compiler, seen one so far, could also have been a race condition, not sure what it was, 64 bit version seems somewhat stable though, exceptions are catched and may not be a problem.)

(Perhaps my computer is behind internet provider NAT, not sure yet, (this could mean that the tcp port is unreachable on my computer) today's testing will shed some light on this, I am hopefull that today it will work)
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:43:39 PM

Unfortunately the connection/network is not working yet, very sorry for this.

If anybody is interested in hosting it on their public IP then contact me.

For now my best guess is that my computer is NATTED.

Second best guess is a problem with code. Though my suspicion is to the first.

(The second test computer is 100% sure natted/routed through a modem and such... though it did work with other coins)
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:25:02 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2018, 03:46:18 PM by DelphiniumCoin

DelphiniumCoin could use some help testing, contact me in pm if you wanna help testing.

For now DelphiniumCoin first has to create some test code to see what the problem is.

Update:

A test program is ready... only privately available.

For now project is paused !

Update, some testing has been performed, a hypothesis is developed, it may have to do with windows and/or routers.

More testing will shed some light on this... best guess it's windows firewall blocking a port on clients... Wink

This could mean original coin system installer adds a firewall rule to windows, this could be checked by installing this software in a virtual machine and checking firewall rules.

(Meanwhile the github repository is replaced with a slightly better version of DelphiniumCoin, this one should work, but needs testers to test it, meanwhile I may try to create a user friendly installer).

* Update *

Version 3.01 is also uploaded to github to stay besides version 3.02.

Which version works best will have to be tested soon, probably tonight.

Version 3.01, 32 bit seems to be the most promising candidate.
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:46:12 PM

I had 15 minutes of free Wifi testing thanks to KPN Fon, my findings are very weird:

I used brother's laptop and enabled Wifi on this by setting all windows services to automatic. Not sure which services are actually required, Laptop is in a different language too haha.

I found a free Wifi connection which I could use for 15 minutes, this is called KPN Fon.

40.000 WiFi Hotspots around the world. It's only free for KPN users, non-KPN users will have to buy tokens eventually.
Also companies are allowed to host their own KPN Hotspots if so desired.

Anyway I used these 15 minutes to test the micro client/server and also delphiniumcoin. Ofcourse I tried delphiniumcoin first.
I even tried udp protocol.

My findings are extremely weird. Non of the software was capable of connecting to my PC.

Also in the past I cannot access my cable modem anymore, cannot get the menu in the browser.

I contacted my ISP in the past about this, usually they can enter into the cable modem from a distance, but they couldn't do it, even they found it weird.

I also noticed some weird behaviour in the past with cable modem going offline. Could just be ISP for maintance but still. Also noticed it hang one time or so.

I did vacuum clean near it.

So my hypothesis for now is something very strange:

1.  First of all the cable modem is not completely dead because TCP/IP is working... as long as I websurf the internet.

But as soon as an outside computer tries to connect to my computer it doesn't seem to work.

1.1 UDP is also working cause I can play games like Company of Heroes just fine.

So this leads to hypothesis number 2:

2. Either the cable modem has a very weird malfunction where incoming connections are blocked. This could have been done by the ISP to protect their consumers, but the guy on the phone already indicated my cable modem was acting weird.

Thus hypothesis number 3:

I am actually starting to believe the cable modem was "HACKED".

Now if this is the case why would somebody do this:

1  Spying
   2  Denial of Service to my computer.

It could also be a software malfunction inside the cable modem, maybe I even caused it myself when I was experimenting with settings.

I just don't know what is going on here, Last thing I can remember is trying to set the cable modem into bridge mode or something or perhaps experimenting with other modes.

(Last hypothesis: internet is broken/dieing... don't really believe that cause other stuff seems to work ok)

Bye for now

(All protocols work fine when same ethernet port is used between PC and Laptop, I am mystified right now...)

DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:52:37 PM

Perhaps the problem is with my Windows 7 services configuration:

I turned off these services, since they do not seem required for playing World of Warships and other games like Company of Heroes via game ranger:

But perhaps these services are somehow required for when an outside computer tries to connect to my computer, very weird hypothesis:

IP Helper
IPSec Policy Agent
IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules

DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:08:25 PM

Following services are running on my Windows 7 computer, would love it if somebody repeats this setup and then tries and connect to the computer from an outside computer/outside internet connection to see if it works:

Application Experience
Application Information
Base Filtering Engine
COM+ Event System
Creative Audio Service (soundblaster)
Cryptographic Services
DCOM Server Process Launcher
Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Encrypting File System (EFS)
Function Discovery Provider Host (normally this is off but was started manually apperently)
Group Policy Client
Multimedia Class Scheduler
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness
Network Store Interface Service
Plug and Play
Power
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Security Accounts Manager
Software Protection  (normally this is off I think, not sure, it's probably not needed, it's on manual)
System Event Notification Service
Task Scheduler
Themes
User Profile Service
VHD Attach (custom tool/service)
Windows Audio
Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Windows Event Log
Windows Font Cache Service
Windows Management Instrumentation

All are set to automatic except these ones:

Windows Font Cache Service  - automatic delayed start.

Application Experience manual
Application Information manual
Function Discovery Provider Host manual
Network Connections manual
Software Protection manual
Windows Management Instrumentation manual

Perhaps this weird "can't connect to computer from outside" can be repeated with these settings.

Or perhaps some windows update screwed up winsock somehow so it's not working correctly anymore for when connections come from outside.
Or bit rott, though these last couple of hypothesis are unlikely.

One possible idea is to replace PC with for example laptop and repeat test procedure to see if it's indeed the PC at fault for connection failure.

Hmmm very strange situation for now.

(While writing this I had this idea: I could try booting linux if my DVD drive still working and run software from there, in case windows is biting me in the ass with these services, might attempt this later, would have to cross-compile to linux or use wine)

Bye for now,
  DelphiniumCoin
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:03:17 PM

Latest hypothesis is it's a disruption in the signal from the wall socket.

One of the analog TV channels had snow, another TV channel also started developing a little bit of snow.

Called the ISP/TV company.

They will send new splitter, which splits TV signal and Internet signal.

69 million packets were being dropped in the last 16 days according to the log from the cable modem, which surprisingly was accessable buy the guy on the phone, perhaps partially perhaps fully (cable modem menus accessbility) not sure about that.

This may be the cause of this connectivity problem.

I am very skeptical though, cause I can barely notice it when web surfing or gaming.

Technically TCP/IP should keep re-trying until a connection is established though it does time-out after a while.

I am not convinced that this is truely the cause of the problem.

But it will be nice if the TV signal is better and to start ruling out possible causes.

Another hypothesis is CGNAt, carrier grade NAT.

Diagnosis... to be continued...
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:57:56 PM

I have a different explanation for the dropped internet packets.

The white cable connecting the splitter to the cable modem was slightly loose on the splitter side.

I attached it firmly.

I did notice tv signal became a bit worse on snowy channel but that might be by chance it fluctuates a bit.

The loose cable modem cable does not explain the bad tv signal on one channel, so there may be something to it.

I remain a bit skeptical though. Perhaps they known something I don't.

I think either their encoding changed slightly or some external device is at cause, but soon I will known the thruth Smiley

DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:39:32 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 10:07:30 PM by DelphiniumCoin

Resetted cable modem to do some experiments to see if cable modem would then be accessable via special ips, but not accessable.

Then proceeded to do some testing with this tool:

https://hackertarget.com/udp-port-scan/

For example this tool will send some UDP packets to port 69 and this was received just fine on my computer even with firewall up.

Perhaps resetting cable modem might have had some effect.

Still need to test tcp/ip with somebody who is not behind NAT and has a good internet connection setup.

* Little update on cable modem situation *:

Network engineer replaced coax/green cable wall socket, noise from TV is now gone, pretty cool.

Still can't enter cable modem menu, but thats's ok for now, not required.
DelphiniumCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:50:34 PM

16 october 2018 DelphiniumCoin just (re-)launched for second time !

This is more or less a test launch, but any coins mined will stay forever on this block chain !

This coin system may have troubles from wi-fi hotspots and/or other NAT-ed internet systems.

Some more NAT testing will be done.

Make sure to allow delphiniumcoin through your firewall, a dialog should pop up asking for permission on windows.

Before download latest 3.01 version make sure to delete all older versions and installations.

(Any roaming/user data folder can be left intact, delphiniumcoin will re-use data/user settings/folder and such, this ok, this is where wallet will be so don't delete any "roaming" or "users folders")
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: