Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:11:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had to HODL only 1 cryptocurrency for 10 years how should you choose?  (Read 1376 times)
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:57:18 AM

I think all of us would choose Bitcoin because all cryptocurrencies use bitcoin is the main value measurement and the belief in bitcoin is larger than others. In the future, maybe bitcoin will have the function as the function of gold in real life.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:00:16 AM

I will say to this that the person should choose from any coin in the top 10, but I still wonder if Ripple is a good coin because it looks like pump and dump project to. In all invest wisely.
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:04:22 AM

If I could hold only 1 currency for 10 years no doubt I will definitely choose to hold bitcoin. Bitcoin as we all know is one of the most popular and most widely accepted amongst all the cryptocurrency. With those characteristics it is common to pick bitcoin rather than any other cryptocurrency out there. Plus I also have experience with bitcoin and it has gave me a lot.
lordaquila91

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:06:07 AM

I've been sceptical but I think I would go with ADA. Even though I'm very tempted by Eth
ixtreme1gaming

Activity: 343

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:06:38 AM

Everyone should buy some bitcoin. Even if it's just a fraction. I just bought some for my niece.

cattano

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:21:02 AM

For me i'll prefer to choose between BTC or ETH. Event though the current price of ETH is dropping at this moment, but during the next 10 years, it should be a great investment that i made.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 05:55:47 AM

I would not even think and would choose BTC. Because in my opinion this is the most reliable and popular coin for today. Moreover, I have already been given faith in this coin. I would also prefer ETH.
Haunebu

Activity: 3108
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:05:33 AM

Isn't it obvious op? There is a reason why Bitcoin has been dominating the market for so long and will continue to do so for a long period of time since it is in a different league when compared to other cryptocurrencies.

I have been HODLING my Bitcoins for a long period already and I will continue to do so since I am confident that it will continue rising over the long term. Apart from Bitcoin, I am HODLING Stellar and Ethereum too at the moment.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Hc01

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:11:42 AM

Probably I choose Neo, I couldnt invest to it from 25 dollar and then it rised to 195-200 dollar ath, now it is cheap again and I'm thinking new ath will be 350-400 dollar for Neo, so there is huge profit, and I trust to Neo much also like etheruem.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:17:52 AM

I choose Btc. King is king always I think.

i'm sorry but that is nonsense. and this statement was started from altcoin bag holders who needed a reason to explain why their shitcoin is failing while bitcoin remains strong and still rising.
bitcoin isn't strong and a good cryptocurrency to go 100% in because it is king, first, ... these are all nonsense. bitcoin is strong because it is good. it has certain characteristics such as being decentralized, global, censorship resistant, secure, thoroughly tested, .... and a lot more and they make it good in the long run! and on top of that bitcoin is useful as a currency and is actually used.

and the 7 factors that the link mentions are all correct but when it comes to investing in an altcoin none of them matter. what matters is how real the project is and whether it is useful. for example you can fork bitcoin's code and start a new altcoin which is 100% like bitcoin and has no difference whatsoever. that altcoin satisfies all the 7 factors in that link but it will be a shitcoin doomed to fail and buying it will be a dumb decision.
why? because it is useless. and that is the problem with >90% of the altcoins.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
gangem07

Activity: 598
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:22:50 AM

Let's see the answers!

But I really love some alts. Wan, nano, vet, npxs, nem...

https://hackernoon.com/if-you-had-to-hodl-only-1-cryptocurrency-for-10-years-how-should-you-choose-5b1030293915
Absolutely bitcoin is the one cryptocurrency that i am going to hold in more than 10 years from now as we all know bitcoin is number one cryptocurrency and most popular,profitable and most reliable coins of all times.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:49:12 AM

For 10 years? Of course Bitcoin, even technically, for this period, two reductions in block rewards will occur during the deflationary model  should push its price upwards.
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:55:40 AM

If I'm  given an option to choose which digital assets to buy and hold for 10 years.
I will gladly go for bitcoin.

Bitcoin  is the wheel on which other cyptocurrencies progress.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:01:48 AM

Let's see the answers!

https://hackernoon.com/if-you-had-to-hodl-only-1-cryptocurrency-for-10-years-how-should-you-choose-5b1030293915

of course we agree that bitcoin is the king of all crypto and the most reliable for every growth. but who is strong enough to hold back for a very long time? 10 years is not a little time. I think even within 5 years it will be very difficult.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:06:16 AM

it would be Bitcoin for sure
kanmo

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:08:45 AM

On a norm, I will also go for BTC because its a long term investment but I think its risky to put all egg in a single basket. If I have a lot of money to invest, I will invest on bitcoin and also coins such as Ripple, NEM, stellar lumens and Nano for long term.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:13:22 AM

Let's see the answers!

of course BTC,  wherein for sure there's a massive profits because of being so reliable king of crypto market.  Unlike others coins which not safe because of being had no strong support that can cause to become shitcoin without knowing.  So be practical in choosing a coin to hold especially if it's for long term " btc is always a best choice indeed !"
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:17:40 AM

I will hold BTC and ETH if I can keep 2 cryptocurrencies and store them for 10 years without touching it.
Rameshvijay45

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:34:12 AM

BTC Bitcoin is my choice.and also some other altcoins etherum,ripple.but bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and the best one. I will hold bitcoin for long term.

►◄OPTHERIUM◄►
◄► Synergy of Blockchain solutions™ ►◄
https://optherium.io/
mmacool

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:56:25 AM

Well, I think that if you choose one coin. Then every second will choose Bitcoint, and of course I would choose Bitcoin too. Well, on true if they decided to take the second, I would take the TRON.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: