Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had to HODL only 1 cryptocurrency for 10 years how should you choose?  (Read 1367 times)
nick_2017

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:54:13 PM

In my opinion it can be Bitcoin but you know that there are a lot of really good cryptocurrencies we have. I guess Ethereum can show us good growth after few years. But despite of this everyone should choose by himself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dashayana

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 04:08:18 PM

Surely I will choose Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the first and the most powerful cryptocurrency compared to the others. It's no exaggeration to call Bitcoin the king of all coins and the mother of all coins. Its existence very influential. Life of all coins depends on Bitcoin. I will not regret with my choice. I'm sure Bitcoin will give a big profit for me.

▐| CRUXCOIN.IO |▌  THE HEART OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES
▐|▌THE FIRST CRYPTOCURRENCY WITH 3 IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS▐|▌
Jednopivo

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:09:42 PM

Hmmmm, Ok, I will choose Bitcoin as well. I don't think it's going anywhere soon, and I suspect we will see greater prices in the near(?) future!

PHI1618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1334

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:42:14 PM

This is a simple question, I think. I believe there is no point in holding something other than bitcoin. 90% of altcoins will die within the next 5 years. You will lose money if you hold something other than bitcoin. But I would also keep XYO on my wallet. Good choice.
What does XYO do? What's it's aim and purpose. Can you inform us?

"Damnant quod non intelligunt." Anlamadıkları şeyi suçlarlar. BTC
itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

Let's see the answers!

I choose Btc. King is king always I think.

But I really love some alts. Wan, nano, vet, npxs, nem...

https://hackernoon.com/if-you-had-to-hodl-only-1-cryptocurrency-for-10-years-how-should-you-choose-5b1030293915

10 years is a big period. I agree with you, I would also, without a doubt, prefer Btc
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:48:08 PM

if you tell me to choose 1 cryptocurrency and hold for 10 years, then I will definitely choose Bitcoin because I believe Bitcoin is more profitable than other cryptocurrency and investing in Bitcoin is safer.
mpandam123

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:50:52 PM

the coin that I will choose for the next 10 years may I choose bitcoin because bitcoin is the mother of all crypto in the world
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:55:40 PM

In my opinion it can be Bitcoin but you know that there are a lot of really good cryptocurrencies we have. I guess Ethereum can show us good growth after few years. But despite of this everyone should choose by himself.

Well said it's not so easy to say like which coin to hold but it's better to research on their own. Giving priority for any top 5 coins will be a best option, In my opinion BTC will be a good one as it is more popular in the world.
ValeryO

Activity: 82
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:21:23 PM

The world is changing rapidly.10 years is an eternity for cryptocurrency. In this case, I prefer a brand-new project which has an innovative idea and magnificent potential to grow up. Pay your attention to TAUcoin. Its new Proof-of-Transaction consensus mechanism will lead in crypto next few years.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:30:43 PM

This is not so much easy to say like which will be a safer one for 10 years. Most of them are giving prediction for BTC as it is trending now. I too guess this coin is a safer one as it more popular when it comes to digital currency.
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:36:33 PM

BTC for sure. LOL. I don't think there will be any bad thing can happen to BTC in next 10 years and I don't think in next 10 years there wil be any cryptocurrency can replace BTC and become the new king of crypto world Smiley. Although at the moment, BTC is not a good choice to invest for short-term but for 10 years, there is nothing better.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
aleksnutis

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:28:41 PM

I think the choice is obvious, it will be Bitcoin at 100%. Any sane person will choose Bitcoin, because he is the king of all crypto currencies.
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Ten years is a very long time, and if we will hold in that time then I will only choose Bitcoin because bitcoin has great trust from investors and many people in the world know Bitcoin. That will add positive value to bitcoin to survive.

pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:43:57 PM

I think your question is unreal. we trade and invest to earn money. Nothing is certainly. So, I wont hold any coins too long. I will sell and buy frequently to get profit.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:15:58 PM

The only coin we have in the crypto space is very much worth holding even for more than 10 years. As a matter of fact, that would be my first choice among others.
Then to altcoins, i will choose ethereum over any other, but if i will be going for eth, then i would have to buy at a very low price, like the price we had some weeks ago below $200.
Other altcoins i can also make my choice from are XLM, NEM and TRON.
Igopraise

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 04:01:21 PM

Right now i have just 2 in mind and thats privcy and staker.
Although 10years is way too long.
terencio

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:38:21 PM

When I was a  noob in crypto and don't explore crypto also  the moment I learned about cryptocurrency; I was keeping only Bitcoin and Eth, if not because of the bullish trend last 2017,  I am not bother to look for another alts. So, I will choose Btc and Eth only , not one but two.

Nisansala

Activity: 384

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 06:21:38 PM

Let's see the answers!

https://hackernoon.com/if-you-had-to-hodl-only-1-cryptocurrency-for-10-years-how-should-you-choose-5b1030293915

I also choose BTC, BTC is the king of this cryptocurrency field. And also i believe ADA, SC, XRP also good for long-term investment

bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 06:36:50 PM

bitcoin becomes the best choice for long term investment even up to ten years. This is the most secure crypto for use because it already has a system that is robust enough so that of course also enough can survive by a large number of new coins that also keeps popping up. but ten years is certainly enough time and any changes will be happening.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:53:08 PM

Let's see the answers!

I will also choose BTC if I invest in 10 years. BTC is the king of crypto and it will always be the cryptocurrency number 1, and BTC is the most trusted cryptocurrency and it will never collapse if you choose another altcoin it's really dangerous because 10 years is too long and everything bad can happen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: