Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:41:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best sustainability-focused or "green" altcoins?  (Read 193 times)
bitcoin_green (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:51:22 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 05:14:12 PM by bitcoin_green

What are your favorite "green" cryptocurrency projects that are focused on sustainability? Some of the best seem to be related to energy, environmental protection, and efficient use of resources. Let's make a list of the best sustainability focused blockchains.
JimMearns64

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:17:53 PM

I love BITG, of course! Focused on fixing the biggest sustainability problem in crypto. Bitcoin energy consumption need to reduce!

Bitcoin Green proof of stake will solve this problem, and make a more efficient coin.
IStackHIGH

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:19:21 PM

The first name that comes to my mind is "Bitcoin Green".
Its based on Proof of stake, hence energy efficient , hence "GREEN"
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:33:39 PM

Ethereum, focused on smartcontracts.

Ripple, focused on banking services.

They are the two altcoins with largest marketcap, because they are the best projects.

What the fuck are you talking about ? please read the thread and make a comment based on what we are talking about.

Beside Bitcoin Green,i only know these 2 projects ;
https://kwhcoin.com/#/
and
https://energycoin.eu/ (it was an old project)

KWHcoin is about renewable energy and Energycoin is about PoS efficiency compared to mining for future.
literally,everything is related to Proof of Stake is a project that can be considered as a 'green' project because it does not consume a lot of energy compared to Proof of Work.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:36:13 PM

It is BNB guys! The leading exchange coin that shows strength on every  flat/pump periods.And I like stellar and monero from the top coins

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Sentti

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BITG & CHX & FTX Community

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:41:41 PM

Bitcoin Green (BITG) is The Ultimate King of sustainable cryptocurrencies in my opinion!

As it says: "Bitcoin Green is the global blockchain solution for sustainable cryptocurrency. It is founded on 'The Green Protocol,' which utilizes a highly efficient proof-of-stake consensus algorithm that solves many of Bitcoin’s sustainability and scalability problems. Bitcoin Green, the organization, aims to shed light on a number of critical issues facing proof-of-work based blockchains and raise public awareness for the environmental and economic problems arising from such issues."

I do not know any project more sustainable and green than Bitcoin Green. I'm happy to see other suggestions!

bitcoin_green (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:47:09 PM

It is BNB guys! The leading exchange coin that shows strength on every  flat/pump periods.And I like stellar and monero from the top coins

How is BNB sustainability or green focused?
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:02:31 PM

What are your favorite "green" cryptocurrency projects that are focused on sustainability? Some of the best seem to be related to energy, environmental protection, and efficient use of resources. Let's make a list of the best sustainability focused blockchains.
Bitcoin green is a good one, it is still starting out but with time as more people get interested in it, it will become bigger, but if you are looking for a green based coin then bitcoin green is your go to. Invest in the coin, wait it out. The thing I like about it is that when you are investing you know that you are investing in something that helps the environment which is good

SamDummy

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:04:51 PM

WePower (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/wepower/) popular project.
dr_hodes
Copper Member

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:48:57 AM

Bitcoin Green of course!

Most well known green cryptocurrency. Focused on reducing crypto's biggest problem which is increasing energy consumption by using proof-of-stake.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:55:11 AM

Bitcoin Green is terrible.
Just because they have a PoS protocol doesn't mean running, mining, and maintaining their blockchain is energy efficient.
Basically it is another get rich btc fork scheme using the "green" angle.
Practically speaking, it is still a massive energy consuming blockchain even if it is "better" than btc.

The only real way to merge blockchain tech with real world "green" solutions is through securities.
This is where the coin acts as a security for a real world sustainable energy solution.

The one that is furthest along is probably Powerledger.
Although KWH has been doing relatively well and it's tokens represent real world energy consumption.

Also, check the announcements page, there are sometimes independent projects that pop up where they are running an ICO to fund an actual real life green city or energy system.

Ghebung Masam

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:47:58 AM

from the name alone I disagree and I think the developer is not creative, because it uses the name bitcoin to get attention and popularity. so just from small things like this has made many people bored and fed up.

hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:47:19 PM

BNB is for binance exchange, it's not for green or environmental altcoin, but I like BNB because you can save your coins in BNB due to stability.
hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

I like the CyClean coin because it is helping the world to be sustainable by providing another source of energy for transportation.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:19:28 PM

i think the future is for master nodes and for delegated proof of stakes coin such as waves, eos and steem this is only my opinion good luck with your future investments my friend Smiley
Cryptcodin

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 10:31:05 AM

BitGreen (BITG)

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitgreen/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827989.0

Stake Your Coins, While You Trade:

JOIN HERE: http://bit.ly/Stakebase
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 11:14:49 AM

DPOS coins and masternodes i think are more energy-friendly. But servers are still needed for the blockchain to still be operative. But they don't use a lot of energy compare to POW coins. There are a lot of altcoins like TRON, NEO, VeChain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: