Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed up Coinbase Pro Bitcoin Transactions  (Read 178 times)
WhoDaresWins88 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:11:26 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 08:46:46 PM by WhoDaresWins88

Hello!

Im a daytrader and im sending a lot of bitcoin around on a daily basis from coinbase pro.
As you can imagine in the world of trading any assets, time is money and speed is key.

Im always sending to and from segwit wallets but the transaction time is still way to slow sometimes.

Most of my transactions are sent from coinbase pro to another segwit wallet , and as far as i know coinbase pro does not let you set the fee manually so i cant speed up the transaction this way unfortunately.

I was wondering if anybody know any tips and tricks on how to speed up transactions from coinbase pro? Ive read about "transaction accelerators" but ive never tried it, anybody with good experience from using a service like this? Or any other method for speeding up transactions from coinbase pro or other wallets where you can not set the fee manually?

Would you be able to mine your own bitcoin transactions to speed them up if you have your own mining equipment, like for say a antminer S9? Or is there any service provided by mining pools for this purpose?

Thank you for your time! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2)

Im a daytrader and im sending a lot of bitcoin around on a daily basis from coinbase pro.
As you can imagine in the world of trading any assets, time is money and speed is key.

Im always sending to and from segwit wallets but the transaction time is still way to slow sometimes.

Most of my transactions are sent from coinbase pro to another segwit wallet , and as far as i know coinbase pro does not let you set the fee manually so i cant speed up the transaction this way unfortunately.

I was wondering if anybody know any tips and tricks on how to speed up transactions from coinbase pro? Ive read about "transaction accelerators" but ive never tried it, anybody with good experience from using a service like this? Or any other method for speeding up transactions from coinbase pro or other wallets where you can not set the fee manually?

Tips and tricks? Not really. The paid accelerators are pretty expensive. And since Coinbase batches transactions -- they include lots of different customer withdrawals in each transaction -- it would be very expensive to use a paid service due to the size. You can try free accelerators like ViaBTC, but they may not accept such large transactions, and they may not speed things up any more than if you did nothing.

We should probably be glad that Coinbase handles withdrawals this way. They used to not batch transactions, and they also used to overestimate fees a lot, which drove up fees across the network.

DJohnson

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:39:31 AM

Hello!

Would you be able to mine your own bitcoin transactions to speed them up if you have your own mining equipment, like for say a antminer S9? Or is there any service provided by mining pools for this purpose?

Thank you for your time! Smiley

I would say you are unlikely to be able to do much.  Transaction accelerators appear to just increase the likely hood of your transaction being included in their next mining block - which isn't guaranteed to happen depending on which accelerator you use since blocks are mined by different pools.

If you are a "VIP" or pushing a ton of volume you may try requesting assistance from Coinbase themselves, although I would expect that to be very unlikely.

If you are moving Bitcoin from one exchange to another, you may want to consider using one of the other coins that they offer to transfer funds to another exchange as they can have quicker block times and confirmation counts.  Although, this does put your funds at risk to price changes from one destination to the next, it would make things happen quicker as you would just convert back to BTC at your destination.
WhoDaresWins88 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:24:58 AM

Tips and tricks? Not really. The paid accelerators are pretty expensive. And since Coinbase batches transactions -- they include lots of different customer withdrawals in each transaction -- it would be very expensive to use a paid service due to the size. You can try free accelerators like ViaBTC, but they may not accept such large transactions, and they may not speed things up any more than if you did nothing.

We should probably be glad that Coinbase handles withdrawals this way. They used to not batch transactions, and they also used to overestimate fees a lot, which drove up fees across the network.

Thanks for the answers and your time!

Just to clarify, when you say expensive, what are we talking here? 5-15 dollars per transaction would not be a problem for me since the volume i move around is pretty big, any good paid transaction accelerator out there? I seem to only be able to find the free ones.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:26:00 PM

Thanks for the answers and your time!

Just to clarify, when you say expensive, what are we talking here? 5-15 dollars per transaction would not be a problem for me since the volume i move around is pretty big, any good paid transaction accelerator out there? I seem to only be able to find the free ones.

Now that fees are so much lower than last year, I think a couple of the services shut down. BTC.com still operates a paid service. In late December, the fee was around $70 per transaction, and confirmation was only guaranteed within 12 hours to qualify for a refund. To boot, I know they only accepted Alipay and BCH for payments. I'm not sure if that's changed.

ViaBTC still advertises a paid service at the link quoted above, but it seems like you need to register and log in to use it. The other paid services I'm aware of either disappeared or were borderline scams anyway.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: