Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:06:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Institutions investors will adopt bitcoin.  (Read 356 times)
omonuyak (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:22:23 PM

I foreseen another global economic crisis in three to six years to come because of the way bankers are doing with investors fund and giving loan to institutions that are not capable to repay. Blockchain technology may become the tools that will be used to recover from the crisis and from there institutions investors will come into the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:35:55 PM

I foreseen another global economic crisis in three to six years to come because of the way bankers are doing with investors fund and giving loan to institutions that are not capable to repay. Blockchain technology may become the tools that will be used to recover from the crisis and from there institutions investors will come into the market.

I agree mate, if there's a circumstances like crisis bitcoin is the ways for everybody to survive for an alternative ways. When there's a huge number of investors in cryptocurrency it could probably boost up the value of each holdings you have. If more people will hold that assets, we could also experience profitable trading which everyone could benefit from it.

chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:23:45 PM

I agree mate, if there's a circumstances like crisis bitcoin is the ways for everybody to survive for an alternative ways. When there's a huge number of investors in cryptocurrency it could probably boost up the value of each holdings you have. If more people will hold that assets, we could also experience profitable trading which everyone could benefit from it.
If  the banking system will fail to recover some  of their loans or they approve loans to some institutions to whom won't able to pay back it would be a big problem, for  sure there is an economic turmoil. Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency  would be the other alternatives that might correct the short coming of the banking system. Because of the technology development their might be a crypto banking system that will correct economic in balance. 
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:28:15 AM

Blockchain technology has nothing to do with the economic cycle.It's just a way of transacting and storing crypto payments and information(not the most cost effective way,but people think it's more secure).
The economic cycle is tied with the interest rates,government taxes,consumer supply and demand and the export/import tariffs.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 06:49:47 AM

Your statement is wrong. Institutional investors are already buying large amounts of bitcoin (in over the counter market):

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/10/03/big-institutional-investors-are-buying-large-amounts-of-bitcoin-in-otc-market/

Apart from that, I agree that:

Blockchain technology has nothing to do with the economic cycle.

omonuyak (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:20:08 AM

Blockchain technology has nothing to do with the economic cycle.It's just a way of transacting and storing crypto payments and information(not the most cost effective way,but people think it's more secure).
The economic cycle is tied with the interest rates,government taxes,consumer supply and demand and the export/import tariffs.
You should ask yourself this question,Is our current banking system safe?  If it is not safe then we would need an alternative and that is were blockchain technology comes in.  Blockchain technology is safe and secure than the greedy banking system we have now.
Your statement is wrong. Institutional investors are already buying large amounts of bitcoin (in over the counter market):

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/10/03/big-institutional-investors-are-buying-large-amounts-of-bitcoin-in-otc-market/

Apart from that, I agree that:

Blockchain technology has nothing to do with the economic cycle.
Read my statements again and don't jump into conclusions.  Did I said the institutions investors are not using bitcoin but I was talking about adoption.  Blockchain technology has everything to do with economic cycle if you don't know.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 07:47:27 AM

Read my statements again and don't jump into conclusions.  Did I said the institutions investors are not using bitcoin but I was talking about adoption.  Blockchain technology has everything to do with economic cycle if you don't know.

The more I read it, the less sense I see. If you are talking about bitcoin, they are already buying, and if you are talking about adopting blockchain technology when you talk about bitcoin, you are comparing pears to apples.

Please explain how it is that blockchain technology has everything to do with economic cycle because it looks quite a fantastic statement to me.

R9s

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:07:47 AM

Even in the midst of the global economic crisis, I believe that the cryptocurrency market will not be affected, and the market is likely to become the focus of many people's investment!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:17:54 PM

Even in the midst of the global economic crisis, I believe that the cryptocurrency market will not be affected, and the market is likely to become the focus of many people's investment!

Actually if global crisis happens, cryptocurrency will become a trend and people might use it as a place to secure their wealth. That means cryptocurrency will be affected heavily by it.

I agree,
Blockchain is not an economic cycle or economic solution for human but instead it is a system, currently we are using a traditional financial system and with blockchain we can upgrade our financial system. But it won't help us to recover our global economy when that time comes, because it's a system.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:19:49 PM

Yes it may not be affected if it stays at only economic crisis because such crisis do get physical sometimes resulting to destruction. I hope we still remember the Rwanda experience and others.
BitHodler
Legendary

Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:38:55 PM

Actually if global crisis happens, cryptocurrency will become a trend and people might use it as a place to secure their wealth. That means cryptocurrency will be affected heavily by it.
The thing is that we don't know how people will react by that time. It's easy to say that crypto is the perfect hedge, but don't underestimate how the majority still prefers gold over anything else as safe haven asset.

Gold has proven to be a reliable asset for thousands of years, and with how widely accessible it is in all shapes and forms, and with how it offers a market that's 10000x more liquid than crypto, why would people go for crypto?

If that isn't enough, crypto doesn't even scale yet. I'm a believer in Bitcoin, but I'm realistic at the same time. Bitcoin has a long way to go before it starts to convince people to ignore gold and go straight for Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Javi_Anibarro

Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:52:31 PM

The thing is that we don't know how people will react by that time. It's easy to say that crypto is the perfect hedge, but don't underestimate how the majority still prefers gold over anything else as safe haven asset.

Gold has proven to be a reliable asset for thousands of years, and with how widely accessible it is in all shapes and forms, and with how it offers a market that's 10000x more liquid than crypto, why would people go for crypto?

If that isn't enough, crypto doesn't even scale yet. I'm a believer in Bitcoin, but I'm realistic at the same time. Bitcoin has a long way to go before it starts to convince people to ignore gold and go straight for Bitcoin.

many people said it has nothing to do with it and won't get affected even though we are facing a global crisis, that was why i said cryptocurrency will be affected heavily by it.
i am totally agree with you about Gold, but we are not talking about Gold right ? as far as i remember we are talking about crypto,crisis and blockchain.
so do not you think it is a little bit out of topic ? if we are trying to explain it in general, i believe people will prefer to secure their wallet in form of precious metal(gold,silver, etc) and house.
timerland

Merit: 596

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:42:54 PM

I don't see that to be the case for the institutional adoption that we've seen within this bear market, even though bitcoin as some form of safe haven asset would still be possible given the circumstances within a financial crisis.

I think that most of the institutional investors currently coming into the market are still just speculating on the price of bitcoin, and nothing else.

Their primary goal is to make money off derivatives or trading bitcoin, not to actually adopt the technology for themselves. That said, though, I think it would still be a driving factor for the next bull market given the amount of these institutional investors that have declared interest in investments in BTC.

Smiley
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:08:01 AM

This last crash was caused by institutional investors shorting bitcoin.  They played us like fools and bought coins on the dip while the noobs were panic selling.

Eventually we will see people buying bitcoin for their retirement accounts and to ward off hyperinflation.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:27:51 AM

If  the banking system will fail to recover some  of their loans or they approve loans to some institutions to whom won't able to pay back it would be a big problem, for  sure there is an economic turmoil. Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency  would be the other alternatives that might correct the short coming of the banking system. Because of the technology development their might be a crypto banking system that will correct economic in balance. 
I am pretty sure they have been seeing that alternative for a while and they have been getting in with the hope of regulations in the future before they even start declaring their adoptions.

Moreover, I know for one thing, the institutions are here already, either on a large scale or on a small scale, no one can tell yet, but institutions always look for a market as long as it is profitable for them, and for this non-regulated decentralized space, I can bet my last bitcoin that they are so much in it that they are stashing up hugely for the future which is why any smart person today will try as much as possible to get their hands on the little they can.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:43:44 PM

Wow! you used the word foreseen like you really see the future of what's up ahead, But I presumed that whatever happens with bitcoin will always be good for its market, But eventually, maybe a crisis like that might happen especially if bankers are really doing such things, And that's preferably why some bankers would not support Cryptocurrency for investment, It really outshines them, But yeah this is just a prediction anything can really happen we might never known what is up ahead for us in the future.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 08:03:45 PM

OP, as far as am concerned your submission about the activities of banks lending to institutions and not repaying is only applicable to your country so you cannot generalise  the failure of your country banking sector to the whole world.
BitHodler
Legendary

Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:05:46 PM

i am totally agree with you about Gold, but we are not talking about Gold right ? as far as i remember we are talking about crypto,crisis and blockchain.
so do not you think it is a little bit out of topic ?
Talking about gold perfectly makes sense considering how it is a widely accepted safe haven asset, just like crypto is during an economical crisis. In other words, you agree with something you don't understand.

Large parties will always prefer gold over crypto during economical difficulties for the reasons I pointed out in my previous post. Other than a minor allocation to Bitcoin can we not expect from institutions.

To add, do they really need a blockchain? The more I read into what a database really is, the more I believe that we are hyping up something that's not solving a real world problem when it comes to the corporate world.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:30:36 PM

They will see if it works in venezuela before committing to something new. However, i can't see anything else that will cover these costs other than bitcoin and it's friends e.g. the petro. When the creditors come knocking, lets see what happens

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

They have no choice but to about bitcoin.

It will be a way for them to flee from the crisis and there are banks that are doing a backdoor buying already.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███