Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:59:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if there is a natural disaster, such as an earthquake?  (Read 1726 times)
signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:15:18 PM

Signals may be loss but Earthquakes usually occurs in a specific area with different intensity at some point depending if you're near a fault line or the focus of the earthquake but as long as you're far away from it then you're fine and I think that it won't affect the crypto value but deflation may occur and it will also affect the economic growth of the country.
it has become a risk in technology to stop total technology, not just cryptocurrency, I think because technological progress depends on infrastructure and supporting facilities
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:29:00 PM

we know if a country experiences a natural disaster, the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. because of the many damaged road access and also damaged buildings which caused the economic collapse and of course that made the country's economy go down. my question is, does it have a big effect on crypto state? we know that there is no need for a way to go, and a wide place for incapacity. but when a disaster occurs, it is likely that the signal will be lost and difficult to access. and if the recovery process takes place long after the disaster, how is the condition of Kripro that might occur?

I will be very happy with your opinion
Well, I certainly get your point and the concern was just appropriate for that matter concerning the future state of crypto market when such matter come over time. I also think it will have a great effect because investors might be pulling out their invested money for a real purpose of purchasing survival stuffs since on that scenario, all or almost all the establishments that cater cashless transaction might be all down so a demand for physical money will be an appropriate thing to have and that was what I am thinking a wise man will do to practically survive.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
KKH84

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:37:05 PM

If that happens, I think there will be positive and negative sides, the negative side is that people who experience an earthquake will lose temporary access to the crypto world, because the internet network dies, the positive side is that after the internet is alive again, we can form crypto charities to reduce the economic burden in countries that experience earthquakes.
clololck

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:16:36 AM

Human beings are small and very small in the face of natural disasters. It is terrible if a large disaster can really make a country or civilization disappear.
zcashplan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 09:19:37 AM

Don't overestimate the ability of mankind to fight against nature. When a huge disaster comes, mankind will only perish. A medium-sized earthquake is enough to make the waves grow a few meters. I think the Japanese have a very good say. You should listen to the views of Japanese friends.

Thomson-Winter

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:59:53 AM

If the earthquake or tsunami occurs, the internet will break, and the crypto may stop functioning. Consumers' demand after natural disasters may also fall sharply, which may have a huge impact on the supply in the market, leading to a sharp drop in bitcoin value.
Frobeek

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:43:08 PM

Natural calamities caused by the force of nature is inevitable and if the damage to properties especially to power lines and communication infrastructure, these can really affect the volume of a certain crypto and may affect a slow trend downwards.
To some extent you are right that the demand for crypto will be affected and those people who are damaged due to natural disasters would not be able to invest in cryptocurrency. With low demand price may fall and for a period of time the whole crypto market will go down, but it is not sure that natural disasters will surely influence the crypto market.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:08:20 PM

of course that is very influential, in the event of an earthquake and after an earthquake the electricity will be disconnected, the internet connection is not available, and other infrastructures will be damaged, it will affect us crypto users for a while everything will stop, but calm is temporary, because what I observe, when there is an improvement after the earthquake, electricity and telecommunication access are important things that are prioritized to be improved compared to other infrastructure, when compared with banks, for example, when an earthquake or other disaster occurs cripto will recover faster, because it is closely related to something that is vital
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:53:07 PM

we know if a country experiences a natural disaster, the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. because of the many damaged road access and also damaged buildings which caused the economic collapse and of course that made the country's economy go down. my question is, does it have a big effect on crypto state? we know that there is no need for a way to go, and a wide place for incapacity. but when a disaster occurs, it is likely that the signal will be lost and difficult to access. and if the recovery process takes place long after the disaster, how is the condition of Kripro that might occur?

if in a country experiencing a natural disaster in the form of an earthquake it will certainly be very influential on the lives of every human being. but in my opinion cryptocurrency will have no effect, it's just that everyone won't be able to access crypto, so crypto won't be able to be used in that country temporarily.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:51:15 PM

Well my place has got the earthquake with 7.0 Magnitudo not long time ago which is in Lombok Island, Indonesia. As personal person it was really heartbreaking tho, I lost my real life job, our economy was drop and there are so many chaos in every place in my city. But thanks God the internet hasn't been break either, so we can find any information about what we gonna do next , and it was pretty good that I could joined the new bounty program in bitcoin which is help me to fix my economy.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:59:56 PM

of course if a country will use the crypto system in finance then it must be prepared in detail about infrastructure as a supporting facility related to crypto, so that when that happens is a kind of natural disaster it will certainly be resolved quickly, with all kinds of existing systems prepared in advance .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

Natural calamities caused by the force of nature is inevitable and if the damage to properties especially to power lines and communication infrastructure, these can really affect the volume of a certain crypto and may affect a slow trend downwards.
To some extent you are right that the demand for crypto will be affected and those people who are damaged due to natural disasters would not be able to invest in cryptocurrency. With low demand price may fall and for a period of time the whole crypto market will go down, but it is not sure that natural disasters will surely influence the crypto market.
I think if an earthquake will occur especially a strong one,it will automatically lost the signal and internet access in that particular area will shut down.Crypto transactions will be paralyzed temporarily but when we talk of the crypto market,i think it will not be affected that much.

ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 496

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:51:50 PM

Bitcoin is not limited to local or regional, but bitcoin is adopted by people in various countries, and for natural disasters in a small scale or occur in certain regions, it does not affect the price of bitcoin.

┏━━━━━━━━━ JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
│▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o l K i t z A I -  Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓│
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:20:46 PM

I think if an earthquake will occur especially a strong one,it will automatically lost the signal and internet access in that particular area will shut down.Crypto transactions will be paralyzed temporarily but when we talk of the crypto market,i think it will not be affected that much.

Obviously. Crypto runs on certain factors than can very much be affected with severe natural disasters. Technology runs on electronics which can easily be toppled if mother nature decides to. Everything can and will be affected dradtically.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
horrifiedx1

Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:21:26 PM

of course if a country will use the crypto system in finance then it must be prepared in detail about infrastructure as a supporting facility related to crypto, so that when that happens is a kind of natural disaster it will certainly be resolved quickly, with all kinds of existing systems prepared in advance .
right. natural disasters cannot be avoided and predicted. and if that happens, then the economy will be temporarily paralyzed. therefore it is necessary to deal quickly to improve it so that the economy rotates again

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 628

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:31:45 PM

If we do talk about global earthquake which would cause total black out globally then it would surely affect crypto and all sorts of communication that involves connection yet most of things as of now is powered by electricity and to think this is one of the problems when earthquake hits up these resources which would cause on total blackout. Blockchain or record would still remain and cant be wiped out since theres no electricity globally then there would be no transaction so it would be good as dead but when resources comes back then it would goes back to normal.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Santoshi_my_God_

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:15:55 AM

If that happens, I think there will be positive and negative sides, the negative side is that people who experience an earthquake will lose temporary access to the crypto world, because the internet network dies, the positive side is that after the internet is alive again, we can form crypto charities to reduce the economic burden in countries that experience earthquakes.
First we can hope that it is not going to happen and secondly even if it will happen in any part of the world it will not affect bitcoin or any other crypto currency, because bitcoin is a universal currency and it is almost present in all over the world.
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:01:52 AM

If a natural disaster occur cryptocurrency is the least thing people might supervise for a reason that when a natural disaster occur like earthquake then the electricity of where that happen might be cut down then people who have bitcoin cannot fully access to it and cannot convert it in their currency. It will become useless. Signal might be hard to. So if natural disaster occur, accessing in cryptocurrency world would be difficult.

DisWhale

Activity: 336

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 12:50:53 AM

Natural disasters affect everything either directly or indirectly. Althougn cryptocurrencies are digital, remember, the mining machines are physical and can be damaged by the disaster. It requires people and their demand/patronage to give the entire crypto market its value. A natural disaster claiming a lot of lives which may include crypto enthusiast, investors or users apparently affect the crypto market.
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:45:49 AM

If there is a natural calamity like this earthquake , it does not affect the circulation and price value of altcoins in the market, but instead it will affect the services of cryptocurrency and activities of the coin holder living in this place which was hit by the earthquake, because it will interrupt the services of power supply and internet access of the certain place affected by the natural disaster.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: