Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Ban Appeal can be reduced?  (Read 248 times)
S_Therapist (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:14:34 AM

Each time you check the first page of meta, you will find a bunch of post regarding appeal for banned account. Well, as per the rules, people do have the rights to appeal. But, as per rules if someone is banned for a valid reason, he/she will not be banned unless it is temporary.
In addition with appeal, people also ask for a reason why he/she got banned. If the user can get a valid reason behind his/her ban, he/she might not be encouraged to post here.
can it be possible to share a log for only banned user like modlog? In banlog [I assumed the name], people will be able to why he/she got banned.
Thus, banned user first step would be finding out the reason why he/she got banned and user may not get interested to post here again. It's true that not everyone will check but at least, most of them would and the ratio of post here for appealing would reduce.
Is it a good idea or I have missed some points?

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:25:55 AM

The main reason for the ban is a Plagiarism, and the easiest way to find out is to search for your username in Meta.
Lafu already wrote some guidelines here .

S_Therapist (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:37:58 AM

The main reason for the ban is a Plagiarism, and the easiest way to find out is to search for your username in Meta.
But there are several reasons for ban, not only the plagiarism. It's true that most of the users get banned because of plagiarism.

Lafu already wrote some guidelines here .
yes, I have read his post and I got 1 merit for sharing that[1] too Cheesy. It's quite effective but no one will check. For example, the post was in the first page of meta but after that we have some ban appeal post. So, we can redirect people to that post but will it reduce the posts? Not at all.

[1]- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5043594.msg46494529#msg46494529

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:53:21 AM

Each time you check the first page of meta, you will find a bunch of post regarding appeal for banned account. Well, as per the rules, people do have the rights to appeal. But, as per rules if someone is banned for a valid reason, he/she will not be banned unless it is temporary.
Meta is the only place where people able to appeal for their banned account. The problem as you already mentioned the number of appeals. Sometimes its really annoying to see a bunch of appeal threads in a row. Members in the forum already discussed several solutions to minimize those appeals in the Meta and nobody (people who have the authority) seems to like to see any changes sooner.

Previously discussed threads;

- Subforum for account ban request
- Re: Sub/Child board for Account Issues

In addition with appeal, people also ask for a reason why he/she got banned. If the user can get a valid reason behind his/her ban, he/she might not be encouraged to post here.
I doubted about that. Most of them already know what they are dealing with and they don't care about the rules. I also agreed with @iasenko, Plagiarism is the main reason and i'm hoping theymos will highlight that in his new welcome message.

BTW this is what i think as more practical solutions, but anyone wouldn't interested at all Cheesy

- Showing the reasons of banned when someone login into a banned account
- Showing massage to contact Theymos/Cyrus when someone gets banned

mainconcept

Activity: 588
Merit: 422

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:54:27 AM

If I take someone else's content, copy-paste it, spin the content with a text spinner and post it, then I know exactly what I did wrong.

I don't think giving out a reason for the ban would make any difference.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1760

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:32:43 AM

Thus, banned user first step would be finding out the reason why he/she got banned and user may not get interested to post here again. It's true that not everyone will check but at least, most of them would and the ratio of post here for appealing would reduce.
Is it a good idea or I have missed some points?

Most people think? Besides trading / investing in vib Bitcoin,
<> The only forum making the biggest money for them? (wrong?) That's why most people don't think about the rules of the Forum, and ignoring the important things is getting money to join the bounty, twitter, facebook, etc.
Well actually not lazy to read just do not obey? This rule is the factor of Fatal ratio, the risk of the account being banned.
<> something of an act must not be seen as simply a risk of Fatal.

I already said that people are not interested in posting on Meta, it is more focused on the bounty, if the signatures are more flooded, post on the Bitcoin Forum, and Economy.

Try visiting there:

[Bitcoin discussion

[Economy]

[do not look at one trivial thing Fatal risk.]

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:43:41 AM
Merited by YOSHIE (1), krishnapramod (1), vphasitha01 (1)

But there are several reasons for ban, not only the plagiarism. It's true that most of the users get banned because of plagiarism.

Keep in mind that those who post here they already know (most of them) why they got banned. They are just angry because >
1. They did't read the rules.
2. They got caught
3. They are trying to demand their account back, because it was a "small" mistake, and they will never ever do it again.
4. They got banned, again, after developing their alt account using spin, homographs and other techniques , which is just ban evading btw.
5. They didn't read the rules, again.
6. They are just angry at the staff that they get caught every time and they have to start all over again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: