Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Crypto Projects with the largest developer communities  (Read 121 times)
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 11:58:51 AM

Just found a small interesting article, which lists the coins with the largest amount of developers working on their projects.
Not surprisingly, Ethereum came out on top, with over 1000 developers contributing code the the project.

One interesting coin on that list is definitely LBRY, which has 334 developers and 19 of them were actively contributing to the code (active developers last week).
I say interesting, because the coin barely has any volume or marketcap.

Source: https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/how-to-judge-a-blockchain-project-by-code-contributors-top-6-crypto-developer-communities/

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:36:58 PM

Just found a small interesting article, which lists the coins with the largest amount of developers working on their projects.
Not surprisingly, Ethereum came out on top, with over 1000 developers contributing code the the project.

One interesting coin on that list is definitely LBRY, which has 334 developers and 19 of them were actively contributing to the code (active developers last week).

Source: https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/how-to-judge-a-blockchain-project-by-code-contributors-top-6-crypto-developer-communities/

Yup been a sulking LBRY bagholder for years now, it came out in 2016 and has a slowly decreasing block reward but a huge premine held transparently by the dev team, its a VC backed registered company in USA. They have a working downloadable client where you can pretty much download and stream any kind of content via a native protocol very similar to IPFS.

Last time I looked it was at like 800sats or something? But it has made all time highs at around 35k satoshi so its definitely at it's floor....not to shill you the coin or anything.

But from your comment I think its important to note that in the LBRY example developement and code contribution doesnt always calibrate with the price or volume on the project.

Thesaintplague

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

https://www.jacs.tech/

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:45:31 PM

Now please tell me - can Etherum die, if he has such huge database developers? I don't think that's possible. People work for a common goal to make the Ether network better. And I believe that they will succeed.

By the way, today I read an article about projects with the smallest number of developers.  Its Dentacoin, Populous, DigixDAO and Dragonchain. The development of Dentacoin does 5 people. Dragonchain - 11  Huh

JACS   ♦♦♦   Internet 3.0 Decentralized Infrastructure
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.jacs.tech/     ▬▬▬▬▬▬
FulaerJI

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:48:36 PM

If the project doesn't find the right direction, then developers are embarrassed.
I believe that Nokia must have a deep understanding of this.

RTFINEX, a US real-time digital currency exchange, seeks quality blockchain projects.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:28:01 PM

It not everything in the number of the dev. team members rather in the quality of developers and activity and efficiency.
ETH has 1000 developers and still the development upgrades are postponed until 2020. (Sharding & Casper)

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:32:11 AM

Developer communities is a very important factor and I usually look at these stats, before taking part in any ICO or bounty. Thank you for sharing this and I thing, the larger is the communty, the more chances has an ICO to succeed.
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:17:57 AM

And where is Bitcoin? I am 100% sure that Bitcoin has the largest developers community.
And I dont see in the article, that they are talking only about altcoins...

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:32:22 AM

LBRY is really surprising as to why they have more than 300 developers. What more surprising is that those on top of the coinmarketcap aren't not developed by a huge number of developers probably just a bunch who lives on each rented place and will only talk online.  ETC developers I guess isn't much so the truth is that not even half of its developer supports the fork.  Cheesy

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:37:16 AM

Woow, very interesting!
This shows how Ethereum is strong comparing the other Ethereum killers altcoins. I am also surprised how many developers are working on Ethereum classic. Huh
AvadaJigurda

Activity: 231
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:41:47 AM

This is really interesting information, I think that the number of developers should be one of the indicators for investors, it is worth paying attention to these projects.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: