Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:06:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero (XMR) could pump hard next week  (Read 142 times)
bloodchow (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:29:34 PM

"The coming few weeks will be interesting for Monero (XMR). That’s because there is an upcoming hard fork to the Monero (XMR) network that is scheduled for October 18th."

https://www.cryptoglobalist.com/2018/10/05/monero-xmr-could-pump-hard-next-week-heres-why/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9lcdme/preliminary_information_thread_regarding_the/

buy or not?  Cheesy
e@symode

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:31:47 PM

I think that in general, if you have noticed, it’s very active now that many projects are beginning to have a slight increase, which very much resembles a new wave of interest in cryptocurrencies.
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:39:22 PM

I hope that will be all. The prospects of the coin and the potential growth of its price are also influenced by the features and easy scalability of the network.
absurde

Activity: 532
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 12:43:08 PM

one of the most promising and inspiring project in  crypto market, we can easily say that hard fork will affect the price, but i am still afraid of market conditions
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:53:15 PM

Usually, when the market would be stable or bullish, news like this one would really pump the price (even if for only for a short time). But the market we have right now is really unpredictable.
News like this go often unnoticed and 'cause of that really don't affect the price at all.

thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:56:26 PM

"The coming few weeks will be interesting for Monero (XMR). That’s because there is an upcoming hard fork to the Monero (XMR) network that is scheduled for October 18th."

https://www.cryptoglobalist.com/2018/10/05/monero-xmr-could-pump-hard-next-week-heres-why/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9lcdme/preliminary_information_thread_regarding_the/

buy or not?  Cheesy

as long as the price hasn't risen, why not? I see this is an opportunity to get profit. I think it's too profitable to miss. so maybe I will go to the market right now to buy XMR.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

Well, if this pump won't be followed by a dump then surely you should buy some, what can you lose?

malading

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:09:36 PM

If this is a real message then I think you can buy some. And MXR itself is a very mainstream coin, its popularity is actually very high, if there is some good news to stimulate it, then it is very likely to rise at least 10% -30%

bloodchow (OP)

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:54:28 PM

Usually, when the market would be stable or bullish, news like this one would really pump the price (even if for only for a short time). But the market we have right now is really unpredictable.
News like this go often unnoticed and 'cause of that really don't affect the price at all.

agreed, back in dec17 i still remember slight news will pump the coin significantly, now less often and less stronger compared back to last rally

bull market here to stay
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:49:52 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see a pump with that coin. Monero is really one of the best coins that we have in the market now, and it has been really up to some good. So if I see a theory about the coin getting pumped anytime soon, I'll trust that. If this does happen, it would be a wonderful moment for its investors.
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:28:28 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see a pump with that coin. Monero is really one of the best coins that we have in the market now, and it has been really up to some good. So if I see a theory about the coin getting pumped anytime soon, I'll trust that. If this does happen, it would be a wonderful moment for its investors.

Labeled as a privacy coin, there are but better cryptocurrencies, like with Horizen which has a lot of more features than XMR
terry-tibbs

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 07:31:50 PM

I'm more interested about the work Tari will be doing, built on top of Monero and also contributing back, and how this could bring new use cases and adoption.

I doubt it will pump hard because of the network upgrade though, will be some other reasons
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:36:18 PM

Monero is an anonymous coin and it's expected to survive all odds, pumps or no pumps. Really, I don't bate an eyelid whenever I hear or read about a coin getting pumped. Most times, this is all unnecessary FOMO. We shouldn't be worrying ourselves with all this. Let these coins with use case utility find their own pace themselves. And they definitely will.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:48:00 AM

Transaction rates in the cryptocurrency Monero, fell sharply after the software update that took place last Thursday, October 18.
The reduction comes on the platform's activation of a new form of highly anticipated encryption. Average Monero network rates fell from about $ 0.54 on Thursday, to about $ 0.021 cents on Saturday, Oct. 20, down 96 percent.

Along with the bulletproofs, the update, performed using a hard fork, contained other features intended to improve platform privacy, as well as new code to prevent manufacturers from building specialized mining hardware for Monero.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: