Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 11:52:47 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Identifying miner model  (Read 189 times)
s3binator (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:08:27 PM

Hi,

Say I have several different miner and different Bitmain models, trying to automate inventory and set up. I am scanning the ip's after they are connected in batches and logging in through SSH using a script. Is there any way I can use linux commands to figure out what model the miner is? (S9,S9i,T9 etc).

The miners use Angstrom linux distributions that lack many hardware checking commands. I check the kernel log but still cant differentiate between a T9 and S9. The best I can think of is to check the default frequency and pools, keep database of which corresponds to which and figure it out accordingly. I know many models use the same controllers, so I have to check either some firmware version or info on the actual card hardware.

TLDR: is there a way to uniquely identify the model of a miner through some hardware/firmware check in the linux command line?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2638

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:40:44 PM

Unlike Avalons, BM miners have no tags like that. All you can do is give them descriptive pool/worker names from day-1. eg Fuzzy.Ant78S9B23 is my 78th Ant and is a S9 from batch-23.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 463
Merit: 309

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:42:45 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 11:30:23 PM by frodocooper

You can send a TCP command to check what firmware is being run while the miner is running. The miner type is returned when you request status or stats ( I don't remember which) from bmminer along with the other stats from the miner (hashrate, chip counts, temps etc.).
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:36:50 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

What? The kernel log does include a line with miner type. (CTRL + F for "Miner Type"). But the easiest way if you are SSH-ed in already is to do:

Code:
echo -n 'stats' | nc localhost 4028

If you don't want to SSH in, you can run the above command from another shell on the same network, and just replace localhost with the miner's IP address.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: